Barfarn
6 years ago

Heinz Field record is 53 yards. It's cold.

How many 57 yarders has Mason made in the cold?

Steelers get ball at 47 vs. a punt that can be anywhere from the 20-1. What is undeniable is the momentum shift after the miss. If they'd have gone 90, would it have been worse? I don't think so. That was a swing play. -3 to +7. We punt it's not thought of as a swing. 0/punt vs. whatever they get. Steelers on a short field? Odds not good. Look at closing seconds for evidence of that.

I love aggression...but a 57 yarder in the cold at Heinz not on last play of half or game is foolish in those conditions. I think any HC would tell you that. That's not even mentioning letting the clock run out in 1st half. Totally inconsistent mindset.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Sometimes people have no idea hat they sound like. Here's a recording of your argument in taht stupid question form: Tom Dempsey kicked a 63 yarder with half a foot; surely Crosby with a whole foot could kick a 126 yarder, right?

Its cold,Swing plays; how may FG's in cold, how many has Crosby kicked, the record is 53. QUIT cluttering your mind such irrelevant computer game kiddy fan bullshit.

Cold? It was 38 degrees! Humidity is a factor too, it was only 47%; wind is the MOST important 7 MPH WSW.

You ask in that stupid sarcastic question style, like tehre's only one answer that fits your agenda on 57 yarders in the cold. Let me tell you:

Crosby kicked at least 12 FGs from between 55 and 60 THAT NIGHT, ON THAT FIELD, WITH THOSE FIELD CONDITIONS, and he had to hit over 80% from 57 for Mike to call for FG. If he didn't hit 60 yarders consistently, he moves to 59, then 58, to find his effective limit. So to answer your question, I'd say Crosby hit at least TEN of those FGs; THAT NIGHT, ON THAT FIELD, WITH THOSE FIELD CONDITIONS.

Here's the other side of the coin. How may Punts has Vogel put inside the 10, the 5? How about in practice that week? How about on THAT NIGHT, ON THAT FIELD, WITH THOSE FIELD CONDITIONS? Again, Vogel hit at least 12 punts from that area; trying to hit the 10 and the 5. If during the week Vogel hit 90 of a 100 and that night put 10 of 12 on the 5 while trying to hit the 5; then I bet Mike punts. In the game the closets punts we had was Vogel hitting a 44 yarder to the 22; [a bad punt] and a 48 yarder to 16 returned for 7 by Antonio Brown to the 23. So your idea that the ball will go between the 1 and 19 is not based on anything that was relevant yesterday. Oh and do you know who Antonio Brown is? Sometimes on those kicks when no one is expecting a return, they're returned.

I have developed a new logical fallacy for you: Arrogant Arrogance. And you make this error over and over, believing your knowledge is the limit of everyone else's. You dont know shit about how fast a player is on the field, so to fill your void of knowledge you substitute 1 number, from 1 day, of a guy running in a straight line, in shorts, from a track start. Tell me how fast Rodgers is after watching that 25 yarder, if combine times were secret?

McCarthy judges how his kicker and punter will perform by watching thousands of punts and kicks over their ENTIRE career and a whole bunch that day, under those exact filed conditions. But, you actually really think you know more about expected performance with less than a molecule of knowledge compared to Mike's 55 gallon drum. Stop it!
musccy
6 years ago

So your saying that MM, like you, has inconsistent mindset?
Complain about them, not being aggressive, then it's too aggressive, then it's not aggressive enough.
Pretty ironic that you're doing the same thing that you're complaining about Mike McCarthy doing.

Originally Posted by: beast 

You beat me to the punch as I read this. I didn't like the FG attempt - that said I'm sure they tried him at it in warm ups and it wasn't as whimsical a decision as it's being made out to be. Either way, it was "aggressive." He went for it on 4th down later in the 4th quarter - it was the better choice but not the only. In general hasn't shied away from going for it on 4th down in his career.

If you want to convince yourself Mike McCarthy isn't aggressive, I'm sure you can cherry pick and manipulate circumstances to write you narrative for you. IMO, Mike McCarthy has flaws, but a lack of aggression hasn't been one of them.

Zero2Cool
6 years ago
Before the 57 yarder, a reporter was saying Vogel was walking around gingerly on the sidelines. I just figured Vogel was roughed up and couldn't punt so they said screw it, try long ass FG.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago

Sometimes people have no idea hat they sound like. Here's a recording of your argument in taht stupid question form: Tom Dempsey kicked a 63 yarder with half a foot; surely Crosby with a whole foot could kick a 126 yarder, right?

Its cold,Swing plays; how may FG's in cold, how many has Crosby kicked, the record is 53. QUIT cluttering your mind such irrelevant computer game kiddy fan bullshit.

Cold? It was 38 degrees! Humidity is a factor too, it was only 47%; wind is the MOST important 7 MPH WSW.

You ask in that stupid sarcastic question style, like tehre's only one answer that fits your agenda on 57 yarders in the cold. Let me tell you:

Crosby kicked at least 12 FGs from between 55 and 60 THAT NIGHT, ON THAT FIELD, WITH THOSE FIELD CONDITIONS, and he had to hit over 80% from 57 for Mike to call for FG. If he didn't hit 60 yarders consistently, he moves to 59, then 58, to find his effective limit. So to answer your question, I'd say Crosby hit at least TEN of those FGs; THAT NIGHT, ON THAT FIELD, WITH THOSE FIELD CONDITIONS.

Here's the other side of the coin. How may Punts has Vogel put inside the 10, the 5? How about in practice that week? How about on THAT NIGHT, ON THAT FIELD, WITH THOSE FIELD CONDITIONS? Again, Vogel hit at least 12 punts from that area; trying to hit the 10 and the 5. If during the week Vogel hit 90 of a 100 and that night put 10 of 12 on the 5 while trying to hit the 5; then I bet Mike punts. In the game the closets punts we had was Vogel hitting a 44 yarder to the 22; [a bad punt] and a 48 yarder to 16 returned for 7 by Antonio Brown to the 23. So your idea that the ball will go between the 1 and 19 is not based on anything that was relevant yesterday. Oh and do you know who Antonio Brown is? Sometimes on those kicks when no one is expecting a return, they're returned.

I have developed a new logical fallacy for you: Arrogant Arrogance. And you make this error over and over, believing your knowledge is the limit of everyone else's. You dont know shit about how fast a player is on the field, so to fill your void of knowledge you substitute 1 number, from 1 day, of a guy running in a straight line, in shorts, from a track start. Tell me how fast Rodgers is after watching that 25 yarder, if combine times were secret?

McCarthy judges how his kicker and punter will perform by watching thousands of punts and kicks over their ENTIRE career and a whole bunch that day, under those exact filed conditions. But, you actually really think you know more about expected performance with less than a molecule of knowledge compared to Mike's 55 gallon drum. Stop it!

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Start it...answering questions posed by the post. How many 57 yarders has Crosby hit in his career? Is Heinz among the toughest stadiums to kick in? You don't answer rather tangent to some concocted gobbledygook.

How many NFL HCs would try that at Heinz do you think? Only one.

You have to factor. Hundley as much as you do our porous D.

This is just another exhibit in a long line of evidence how narratives get rewritten. All of a sudden, something unacceptable is perfectly acceptable in Packerland. Break the spell!

The attempt was STUPID and swung the game. Pretend it was the Bears who did the same thing. Still acceptable? How about if Ben McAdoo did it? Acceptable? Nope. Only acceptable to a fan of this team who wants to believe.

You make up things to justify MM. Why? During the broadcast Al said more than once that Hundley learned he had to throw it harder in the cold as he'd been coming up short on deep balls. So, your nonsensical dismissal of the cold not being a factor for Crosby is utterly ridiculous.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
Under the circumstances I would have to say the idea of that kick was idiotic. if they had been trailing I might understand but with a 7point lead there is no excuse. Hell if Vogel was injured, run a play on 4th down. with 18 yards needed, Pit would have been in a soft defense where an screen or short pass would likely gain 10 yards which would have turned the ball over inside their 30 rather than the 47. Only takes a couple missed tackles for a first down. Even a deep throw if intercepted would be better than attempting that kick.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Barfarn
6 years ago

Start it...answering questions posed by the post. How many 57 yarders has Crosby hit in his career? Is Heinz among the toughest stadiums to kick in? You don't answer rather tangent to some concocted gobbledygook.

How many NFL HCs would try that at Heinz do you think? Only one.

You have to factor. Hundley as much as you do our porous D.

This is just another exhibit in a long line of evidence how narratives get rewritten. All of a sudden, something unacceptable is perfectly acceptable in Packerland. Break the spell!

The attempt was STUPID and swung the game. Pretend it was the Bears who did the same thing. Still acceptable? How about if Ben McAdoo did it? Acceptable? Nope. Only acceptable to a fan of this team who wants to believe.

You make up things to justify MM. Why? During the broadcast Al said more than once that Hundley learned he had to throw it harder in the cold as he'd been coming up short on deep balls. So, your nonsensical dismissal of the cold not being a factor for Crosby is utterly ridiculous.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I answered your question....How many FGs has Crosby kicked in a tornado? Effectively I said, "who effing cares...how long was Demsey's stub?" it doesn't matter how many FG's Crosby or Tom Dempsey kicked. What matters is what was REALITY last night.

The only relevant facts in this regard are:

Can Crosby kick a 57 yarder and how many did he make earlier in the day under the relevant conditions; and what are odds Vogel will pin them deep based on the thousands of punts he's made in practice and his few dozen punts he made during the game, before the game and at halftime.

And again, I'm not you, dont think like you, dont act like you. I got no agenda, I just call 'em as I see 'em based on the REALITY of the situation. In another thread today i called Mike a "dumbass" for bringing in a 6th OLman and 2 TE so Hundley could face a certain 2nd and long on last TD drive.

And another thing: you need to think in REALITY. you treat the Heinz Field record long FG as some magical axiom, a theorem set forth by Pythagorus, or an 11th commandment given to Moses by God. But, there are specific conditions that caused the record to be what it is and those conditions were not in play last night. This is further evidenced by a mediocre FG kicker that never hit a 53 yarder anywhere tied the record on a kick that traveled more than 60 yards. There are times where teams in this game situation in Pitts, under different weather conditions, threw hail marys instead of kicking 45 yardish FGs. But, last night that wasn't the case...this is REALITY: Crosby had a 70-80% chance of making that 57 yarder last night!

I'm not ignoring that cold affects the length of FGs...BUT the REALITY that I live in demonstrates it wasn't cold 😂, it was 38. Boswell's long was 51, he kicked the game winner over 60.

And another thing...😂 Do you believe the Hundley cold weather bulldung? Get an effing goddamn grip! Pure "Journalistic" stupidity or dishonesty. Interesting that every coach and player is a liar, unless it effing suits your kiddy agendas. Only a complete moron would believe this, if it was even said. GB's average temp on Sunday 11-19 was 33; the week before it was 33 Sat and Friday, 34 Tuesday-Thursday. So Hundley got no reps outside conditions the entire week? Bulldung! Over the last 2 winters Hundley never got reps in much colder weather than 33? Again pure unadulterated bulldung!
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
Excuse me, but does Brett Hundley kick FG's? No? Why are you talking about FG's in this topic then? I am not sure I understand the evolution from a QB to FG. Help?
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

Excuse me, but does Brett Hundley kick FG's? No? Why are you talking about FG's in this topic then? I am not sure I understand the evolution from a QB to FG. Help?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I didnt do it 😂 It's where the thread went 😂.

I know for me; I often click on the "recent topics" on right; read the comment and respond often absent mindfully forgetting what the topic was. I should be more careful not helping a thread go off the rails.

Then I went to respond to your comments about Hundley and when I realized it was in a thread that had gone 57 yard FG rogue, I started a new Hundley thread 'cause I thought your comments would make good discussion and they were buried.
nerdmann
6 years ago
FACT. I proved once again that I am the smartest and most knowledgeable Packers fan around, PREDICTING that Hundley would bounce back and have a great game. Everybody thought I was wrong, but that's exactly what happened!

Let's run out the string, we might not get a high draft pick from our win/loss record, but we should be able to get a nice tidy pick in trade for Hundley if he keeps improving like this. If anyone can work it out, Ted can!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
6 years ago
Thus far, Hundley has illustrated an ability to throw well against zones (which the Bears and Steeler's use primarily) Against, man or combo...not so much. On a critical sack, he had Kendrick breaking wide open on a crossing route (v man/combo) and did not pull the trigger.

The kid had a nice game, but if he is traded for a pick, the cupboard is bare and you would like have to use that pick for another QB.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (13h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (14h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (14h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (15h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.