mi_keys
15 years ago

it doesnt mean they are that much better then all the other teams that lost to them..

Case in point..

Packers lost to the Bears twice last year..Does that mean the Bears were THAT much better then all the other teams the Packers beat?

By your logic, yes the Bears WERE better then all the rest

"longtimefan" wrote:

If that were the case then Chicago>Green Bay>New York Giants>New England Patriots last year... I don't think any of us would buy that.

Oh and at the moment I would give the Jets the edge but I certainly don't think it would be a blow out and I'd give us a fair chance to win.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Pack93z
15 years ago
IF you watched that game, one could very easily say that Jets Defense and offensive line won that game yesterday.. Brett played well, but my gosh is that offensive line getting the job done. I was impressed.. even the man that became a blob in Damien Woody was knocking people off the line..

I will say this.. if Kris Jenkins and the rest of the defensive front along with the offensive line play they have been getting, if that stays at this level.. the Jets will be one hard team to knock out of the playoffs.. Brett helps that offense by making the safeties respect the deep ball and opens the underneath routes... but make no mistake.. it is the offensive line play and defense that is making this team spin right now.

Remind you of another team last year getting hot... albeit the Jets might peak a little too early.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Roddyboy
15 years ago
Yes, of course it's not because of Brett Favre...it's the offensive and defensive line that's winning the game. Favre has nothing to do with it. A game manager like Difer could be doing the same thing.

I call this the "Brett Favre Syndrome". Anything that he does by some on here has to be attacked and discredited.

Now, if it was young buck AROD...you would be singing his praises to the rafters...

I know how it works....jeesh. Give it a break already!

:roll:
blank
Pack93z
15 years ago
LOL... Roddy... you have no idea how much of a Brett Favre fan I am; do you?

It is called reality.

Now.. that pass that Brett threw to Coles in the back of the end zone.. I can't think of one other QB other than Elway that could have thrown that ball like that. The way he was moving to his left, and just kind of flicked it across his body with the accuracy and zip that it had.

Again, Brett is helping that team by defenses respecting his arm and ability.. but maybe you missed that part. 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Roddyboy
15 years ago
I understand that Pack, but you have to understand that alot of people here and elsewhere will polarize the situation and use that kind of argument against Favre again and again and again...just out of pure hate, for some reason.

I always said that you need a team around you to help you win, but if you have a QB that is special, he can take you to places that other's simply can't. That's the difference. There were even some Jet fans who were saying that they should have kept Pennington instead of BF, and this guy keeps proving the doubters wrong. I love it. I'm sure there are many so called "fans" in Packerland that are wishing for him to fail. I don't know how many times I was told by certain people posting here that BF was "washed up", "sucked", and "should be traded" by people who post on this forum based on the 2005 year. To me, these people don't understand anything about organized football. Probably never played the game.

Anyway, I agree with you that the OL, and DL of the Jets are playing well and that is helping, but my point is that it's Favre who is putting them over the top right now and helping them beat teams like New England and Tennessee when most other QB's in the NFL couldn't.

That's all....
blank
gbpfan
15 years ago
I,m glad the Jets beat the Titans,and like some already stated the team, as a whole is doing great,I know Collinsworth last night felt Jets and Pats will be in the s.b.But I like our chances give Our Q.B. and our team for that matter some credit,the games we lost were close,we were without some key players and still came close,I think it great Brett has been playing well,it seems to me you don't care much for what our team does,and Brett can do know wrong,he did throw an interception yesterday,granted they did nothing with it,but I think we have a very good q.b who will come into his own,and wont have to worry about the retirement saga,this year media is already strating with it.
Pack93z
15 years ago
I also think Mangini and his staff, should send a thank you card directly to Mike McCarthy and the offensive playcalling staff here.. the was the second half 07' Packers offense that the Jets ran yesterday.. short quick rhythm throws and a pounding running game equating to a time of possession factor that the Titans couldn't overcome.

Take note MM... take note of how effective your offense was last season. Oh, and I know it is coming on this season... keep that hot iron on the oline with ya. 😉
longtimefan
15 years ago

Yes, of course it's not because of Brett Favre...it's the offensive and defensive line that's winning the game. Favre has nothing to do with it. A game manager like Difer could be doing the same thing.

I call this the "Brett Favre Syndrome". Anything that he does by some on here has to be attacked and discredited.

Now, if it was young buck AROD...you would be singing his praises to the rafters...

I know how it works....jeesh. Give it a break already!

:roll:

"Roddyboy" wrote:

of course brett has a lot to do with it...

Damn you JUST dont understand..
DarkaneRules
15 years ago
The only differece is we expect veteran QBs to mask a team's shortcomings. I think we have definitely learned our team (all around) isn't as good as we thought it was. The Jets 08 are better than the Packers in 08. That is just the way it is. 🙂
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
marstc09
15 years ago

I bet you'd argue that 8-3 isn't better than 5-5 too LT....

Right?

lol

"Roddyboy" wrote:

You mean 5-6.
UserPostedImage
PurplePride.org
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (9h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (11h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (12h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (15h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (16h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Around The NFL / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.