beast
6 years ago

I expect context in your posts from now on.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

He calls it context when his favors his opinions and demands it, then it doesn't favor his opinion, he calls them excuses and homerism, wearing green and gold glasses... but really it's the same thing...
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
6 years ago

You can't stop everything... Capers just has to take the limited talent he has healthy and pick his poison...

He choose to try not to let the talented WR beat them deep, which opens up stuff underneath... congrats, Bucs took advantage of it. Packers defense gave up 20 points, but they also got 7, so a net of 13 points. That's not bad.

What's kind of scary is that that on the Packers touchdown drives, the WRs did NOT touch the ball even once... in fact only two passes were attempted, and the only one completed with to the RB.

It'll be interesting to see how Hundley does in Cleveland... if he does well in two road games, then maybe he just can't pass in Lambeau for some reason.

Originally Posted by: beast 

The Packers need him not to implode for one more game.
He is a game manager at best.

Anymore than that is a plus.

Mike got him into his comfort zone on the last drive of regular play into the overtime drive.

Hell if The Packers can control the clock by riding the backs of Williams and Jones Sunday, that would be perfect .

One more game!

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
uffda udfa
6 years ago

He calls it context when his favors his opinions and demands it, then it doesn't favor his opinion, he calls them excuses and homerism, wearing green and gold glasses... but really it's the same thing...

No. When someone goes on about the sacks we had yesterday doesn't that make you wonder...WHY? Perhaps, given we haven't gotten pressure all season, it might be a good idea to ask why all of a sudden we had all those sacks? Reminiscent of the Rams game at Lambeau a couple of years ago. We sacked Foles mercilessly. Meant nothing because their line was a sieve and we never saw anything like that again. Kind of like another team getting fired up beating us through the air, when we're among the dregs in the NFL at pass defense. You don't draw conclusions vs. OL's like Tampa's or secondaries like ours. The mirror is the BEST, not the bottom. That is why I talk about shoot low mentality here. Anyone excited about the sacks is using the wrong measuring stick...heck, they're not even using a stick...something else entirely.

My "context" is about best. It's what I want from this team and what I think is reasonable considering 12. He's not here right now, so expectations for O are down, but D is as bad as ever. Can't step up to help when 12 is gone...they're just a drain on this team UNLESS they're matched up with some horribly inferior grouping like our DL was vs. their OL. Yet, some want to get excited about that? Would you get excited if we threw for 400 yards on a secondary like ours with 12 back? I wouldn't...but you probably would because context is not a factor.

Had I not read the Vegas tweet, I would've used the context to say how remarkable it was to even hang with the Steelers. However, that tweet provided potential context to change things and I did so.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
6 years ago

Had I not read the Vegas tweet, I would've used the context to say how remarkable it was to even hang with the Steelers. However, that tweet provided potential context to change things and I did so.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

These contexts are just excuses... as they're the same thing... the differences is if you're for them (then they're context) or against it (then they're excuses), but the reality is that they're the same thing.

And you often find excuses (err "context") to doubt the Packers any and every way you can.

UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago

Eh, in the 3rd quarter the offense started with a 3 and out straight out of the half which didn't really hurt the defense because they hadn't been on the field since before the halftime break. Then the D gave up a 6 minute drive before the offense had one 3 and out then the defense gave up another 6 minute drive. That's 12 minutes TOP given up in 2 possessions, you can't blame the offense for that. The defense simply don't do a good enough job getting off the field regardless of what the offense does, they really don't deserve excuses.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

But they do deserve the truth instead of your misleading info trying to let the offense off the hook...

The offense had 6 straight freaking drives of 6 plays or less (7 if you count before the half)... if you don't think that wears a defense down, then you don't know football... the fact is the defense and Williams were the only reasons we were even in that game as the passing game was a horrible piece of shit...

Yet people want to always give the offense a pass and blame the defense... EVEN WHEN THEY WON THE FREAKING GAME... it's BULLSHIT!

The defense plays horrible, the defense gets most of the blame.
The offense plays horrible, the defense still gets most of the blame.
It makes no sense...
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Ain't BS. EVERYONE was praying our D didn't have to take the field in OT. BS to say otherwise. I was worried after we won the toss that they'd only need a Figgy to win.

The toss win won the game stopping our sieve from losing the game. If our D had a record, it'd be 3-13.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
6 years ago

Ain't BS. EVERYONE was praying our D didn't have to take the field in OT. BS to say otherwise. I was worried after we won the toss that they'd only need a Figgy to win.

The toss win won the game stopping our sieve from losing the game. If our D had a record, it'd be 3-13.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

SO you're actually rooting for the Packers to win now? ... that's a first, as you admitted to rooting for the other teams in the past trying to get a change in management.

You demanded context early when it fit your agenda, now you're rejecting it when it goes against your agenda.

The defense gave up a first scripted touchdown drive (like the always do)... but after that, they only gave up points after multiple failed Packers offensive drives that were keeping them on the field all damn game.

The Bucs 2nd quarter FG was after 3 Packers drives where they had 6 plays or less and after Lowry's return for a touchdown. The Bucs 2nd half points were during/after 3 Packers drives where they had 4 plays or less. The Bucs points came directly after the Packers offense screwed up on multiple (normally 3 straight) drives keeping the Packers defense on the damn field.

With the exception of the first drive, and after the 3 consecutive failed offensive drives of 6 plays or less, the defense played well... this game, there is a direct correlation to the failure of the offense. AND YET THE DEFENSE IS GETTING MORE OF THE BLAME!

Defense deserves a lot of the blame most games, but they sure don't blame all the blame, especially when they were CLEARLY the best unit on the field... with the exception of that first drive, the defense held up whenever the offense could not completely fail on multiple drives of quick 6 plays and out.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
6 years ago

I expect context in your posts from now on.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Damn, good to know after 10 years of posting, I have been doing it wrong
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

How in the hell did this forum ever survive?

Context:

Mike is the Head Coach-FACT
Dom is the Defensive Co-ordinator-FACT

Neither are going anywhere until after this season, if at all.-FACT

I would rather watch The Packers every week rooting for them to win so if the cards fall right, they will once again be playing in January.

Instead of hoping they fail.

Losing in the playoffs is tough.
But much better than not having a chance to lose in The playoffs.

Sorry got off topic.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
uffda udfa
6 years ago
beast... This D is terrible. Has been for many years. If you want to prop them up for some odd reason, go ahead. We all know they're detrimental to team success.

Context: D has been bad for years. Not all of a sudden better because they beat a downtrodden Bucs offense. Peyton Barber, the legend, went for over a 100. 4 bills on this game winning praise worthy D? No.

Wouldn't be sure no change is coming. Ted is in poor health and I doubt his return next season. That opens possibility to a new HC. If Dom returns there better be a riot.

More context: Management has held this team back for years and needs replaced but enabling fans too drunk on playoff success guaranteed by having GOAT at QB in weak division to notice or care.
UserPostedImage

steveishere
6 years ago

SO you're actually rooting for the Packers to win now? ... that's a first, as you admitted to rooting for the other teams in the past trying to get a change in management.

You demanded context early when it fit your agenda, now you're rejecting it when it goes against your agenda.

The defense gave up a first scripted touchdown drive (like the always do)... but after that, they only gave up points after multiple failed Packers offensive drives that were keeping them on the field all damn game.

The Bucs 2nd quarter FG was after 3 Packers drives where they had 6 plays or less and after Lowry's return for a touchdown. The Bucs 2nd half points were during/after 3 Packers drives where they had 4 plays or less. The Bucs points came directly after the Packers offense screwed up on multiple (normally 3 straight) drives keeping the Packers defense on the damn field.

With the exception of the first drive, and after the 3 consecutive failed offensive drives of 6 plays or less, the defense played well... this game, there is a direct correlation to the failure of the offense. AND YET THE DEFENSE IS GETTING MORE OF THE BLAME!

Defense deserves a lot of the blame most games, but they sure don't blame all the blame, especially when they were CLEARLY the best unit on the field... with the exception of that first drive, the defense held up whenever the offense could not completely fail on multiple drives of quick 6 plays and out.

Meh, the D is more responsible for getting themselves off the field than the O is for them being on it so long. The 1st 3 and out came straight out of the half so that didn't effect how "tired" the D would be since after the punt it was their 1st time on the field since the halftime break.

So after the 1st time taking the field in the 2nd half the D started with a 10 play 6 minute drive then a 3 and out then they allowed a 13 play 6 minute drive for a FG then a 3 and out then the D gave up a 12 play 7 minute drive for a TD. I think with this information we can safely say the defense sucked at getting themselves off the field separate from any responsibility the offense had in "giving them a break".

This defense doesn't suck at stopping 1st downs because they get tired its because they just suck at it regardless of the situation.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (21m) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (1h) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (1h) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (1h) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (1h) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.