beast
6 years ago
DAMN, we have more positive Saints Taysom Hill threads than positive Packers threads after a Packers win and on a Packers site in the sub forum of Green Bay Packers Talk...

Should we rename this sub forum Taysom Hill Talk?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

DAMN, we have more positive Saints Taysom Hill threads than positive Packers threads after a Packers win and on a Packers site in the sub forum of Green Bay Packers Talk...

Should we rename Taysom Hill Talk?

Originally Posted by: beast 

Taysom Hill is the next best thing!!! Who cares about the Packers on a Packers website? It's better to covet thy neighbors wife than appreciate your own. We have things to be MILDLY excited about. The defense got 7 sacks today and special teams put points on the board. Guess who doesn't play on defense or special teams? Aaron Rodgers. Granted Buccaneers are only a 4 win team so it's not like we can buy Super Bowl tickets. It's fucking progress though!

If this team doesn't bite their own ass, they can be something. Which is completely amazing with dumb Dom Capers and dumber Ted Thompson on the regime.
UserPostedImage
6 years ago

Taysom Hill is the next best thing!!! Who cares about the Packers on a Packers website? It's better to covet thy neighbors wife than appreciate your own. We have things to be MILDLY excited about. The defense got 7 sacks today and special teams put points on the board. Guess who doesn't play on defense or special teams? Aaron Rodgers. Granted Buccaneers are only a 4 win team so it's not like we can buy Super Bowl tickets. It's fucking progress though!

If this team doesn't bite their own ass, they can be something. Which is completely amazing with dumb Dom Capers and dumber Ted Thompson on the regime.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

you forgot the other stooge. If it wasn't for the Bucs terrible qb with all his over thrown passes, the game would have never went to OT.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
You'd rather talk about a QB who threw for 84 yards and barely got us past TAMPA? It's a juxtaposition considering an old passion of mine. I was laughed at by many banging the drum for Hill. To hear he's Payton's guy to be his next franchise QB while we're left barely hanging on due to that decision is vital to discuss on a Packers board.

Our management made the decision to keep Lenzy Pipkins over Taysom Hill because of the need our management created at that position and it's inability to fix it in the off-season. So, what we did is exactly what we do when we draft...we go NEED over TALENT. This is what need over talent looks like. Lenzy Pipkins buried on the depth chart unlikely to ever be a player for us vs. Payton ecstatic over getting a franchise QB via our mistake.

Sorry, about the 4.4 thing... I couldn't recall if it was 4.4 or 4.3 but recall them saying on the broadcast that he runs faster than Michael Vick and I recall Vick as a 4.3 guy. Just checked...Vick was 4.25 and they said he was faster.

TALENT is what this team needs. It doesn't go for TALENT...it likes these plain Jane players...I don't get it. Michael Clark has TALENT...size, hands and wingspan. Use it. Janis has world class speed and strength wasting away on ST's. Can't find a package of plays to utilize him in over all these years? We like these try hard guys over these game breakers.

Hill will be on my mind as we go forward. Can't wait to see what he does with the Saints over the years. It should hopefully be just another thing looking back that says we were mismanaged.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
6 years ago
We shouldn't confuse physical ability as football talent.

Sean Payton using physically gifted player on special teams that can come in and play QB is very smart. Hill was thought to flip to Free Safety (I read it online, so must be true) so maybe he could play DB in a pinch too?

I'm with the group wanting to have kept Hill back then and hasn't changed. I just won't say he's the next franchise QB because he can run 4.4 speed.

Football. Player.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Did you notice the look on Payton's face at end? Would bet Mike McCarthy has never had that for Hundley.

I saw Hill live. He was fun to watch. Such a ceiling but we had to hold onto our investment.

I gotta believe we wouldn't have used Taysom's abilities anyway so he's in a much better place. Hundley can run but Mike McCarthy won't accentuate his only strength so why would he use Hill's advantage?
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
6 years ago

I gotta believe we wouldn't have used Taysom's abilities anyway

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

No I don't think Mike McCarthy would use a QB on STs...

But the video above reminds me of something I've said about Janis and might be said about Hill... if they're got that much speed and can tackle, then maybe think about working them into back-up FS some... while they might not have the instincts to play close Safety, if they do have great speed, and are a willing tackler, then they might be able to learn deep Safety as it's more wait until you see it and then react hard to it and their great speed can make up for a lack of instincts.

And who knows, maybe Janis and/or Hill would have the instincts for it as well.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
If we're going to do it with the great Herb Waters...

Use what you have where it helps you. Why sit on talent? Why?

It's unorthodox what Payton did but I love it just like I loved using 88 at RB. We only did it because we needed to. Necessity shouldn't be the mother of invention with an innovative intelligent HC. Have always felt Mike McCarthy is lacking in the mental category. Thought that was a Holmgren strength but not as strong as I'd like. Gotta have intelligence. 12 is brilliant. The matching is very inequitable.
UserPostedImage

DoddPower
6 years ago
I doubt Hill is going to amount to anything more than an average backup quarterback, at best. However, it's hard to imagine he could possibly be as bad as Hundley, especially with the Packers running game. Losing him was a mistake. But at least we got a bunch of bottom of the roster scrubs still.
dhazer
6 years ago

You'd rather talk about a QB who threw for 84 yards and barely got us past TAMPA? It's a juxtaposition considering an old passion of mine. I was laughed at by many banging the drum for Hill. To hear he's Payton's guy to be his next franchise QB while we're left barely hanging on due to that decision is vital to discuss on a Packers board.

Our management made the decision to keep Lenzy Pipkins over Taysom Hill because of the need our management created at that position and it's inability to fix it in the off-season. So, what we did is exactly what we do when we draft...we go NEED over TALENT. This is what need over talent looks like. Lenzy Pipkins buried on the depth chart unlikely to ever be a player for us vs. Payton ecstatic over getting a franchise QB via our mistake.

Sorry, about the 4.4 thing... I couldn't recall if it was 4.4 or 4.3 but recall them saying on the broadcast that he runs faster than Michael Vick and I recall Vick as a 4.3 guy. Just checked...Vick was 4.25 and they said he was faster.

TALENT is what this team needs. It doesn't go for TALENT...it likes these plain Jane players...I don't get it. Michael Clark has TALENT...size, hands and wingspan. Use it. Janis has world class speed and strength wasting away on ST's. Can't find a package of plays to utilize him in over all these years? We like these try hard guys over these game breakers.

Hill will be on my mind as we go forward. Can't wait to see what he does with the Saints over the years. It should hopefully be just another thing looking back that says we were mismanaged.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I like how hes the next franchise quarterback, do you mean the franchise like Ryan Leaf, or maybe jamarcus Russell. Oh wait maybe like Tim Couch yeah thats it lol. Oh wait you mean like RG3 or maybe even Colin Karedick. Nevermind your right they don't compare because they didn't get put on special teams lol. If you think of it we should have put Cobb as our franchise qb he played QB in college.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (14h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (15h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (18h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (21h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
39m / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.