gbguy20
6 years ago
If you expected Mike to run the ball you were an idiot from the start. He was passing 40 times with Hundley at the helm. He has literally never stuck with it.
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

If you expected Mike to run the ball you were an idiot from the start. He was passing 40 times with Hundley at the helm. He has literally never stuck with it.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I suppose I am an idiot. Although, I'm not sure I expected the ball to be run more, I was hoping we'd continue (what felt like) a more run balanced offense than what we saw today. After a few players or couple drives, it was obvious Panthers could just tee-off on the OL and that's what they did. It made Aaron throw the ball off balance instead of stepping into throws. And I think two interceptions were because of the Panthers in his face.

We won games 2010 because of a run game threat. 2011 Aaron just torched every one. Guess what, no more single high safety looks and the Packers don't have the depth at WR like they used to.

Need to have a more run balanced offense to help a shit OL.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
6 years ago

I suppose I am an idiot. Although, I'm not sure I expected the ball to be run more, I was hoping we'd continue (what felt like) a more run balanced offense than what we saw today. After a few players or couple drives, it was obvious Panthers could just tee-off on the OL and that's what they did. It made Aaron throw the ball off balance instead of stepping into throws. And I think two interceptions were because of the Panthers in his face.

We won games 2010 because of a run game threat. 2011 Aaron just torched every one. Guess what, no more single high safety looks and the Packers don't have the depth at WR like they used to.

Need to have a more run balanced offense to help a shit OL.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Lucky for us, our highly successful NFL coach is either too dumb or too stubborn to realize this.
nerdmann
6 years ago
When he does run it, he goes to Williams (10/30) rather than Jones (3/45) anyway.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
sschind
6 years ago

EXACTLY.

Why not let the PLAYERS determine the outcome? It is impacting the integrity of the game.

That score was the DIFFERENCE in this game, although I assume they'd have had a FG at any rate. We didn't deserve to win today. Then again when DO we? lol

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

so when all the Panthers players say it was a TD and all the Packers players say it wasn't what then. How are you going to let players determine something like that. I've watched it dozens of times and I'm fine with the call. You know damn well if it had been Davante Adams making that exact same play you would be calling it a catch and if you deny it I'll flat out call you a liar.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

When he does run it, he goes to Williams (10/30) rather than Jones (3/45) anyway.

Williams is the better overall player?
Williams is better at pass blocking?
Williams is a better receiver?

🤷
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
If you want a play to complain about, have to look no further than the Panthers first TD. Olson was clearly committing Offensive PI. The favoritism to offense is a joke. Things like this combined with the crap of instant replay is has made football, including packers games almost unwatchable. Just because they can stop frame and see both hands touching a ball does not mean they have it grasped at that moment. I would rather not have replay, except for looking at dirty hits for ejections.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Porforis
6 years ago

so when all the Panthers players say it was a TD and all the Packers players say it wasn't what then. How are you going to let players determine something like that. I've watched it dozens of times and I'm fine with the call. You know damn well if it had been Davante Adams making that exact same play you would be calling it a catch and if you deny it I'll flat out call you a liar.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I think what he means is "let the player's talent determine the outcome of the game" as a way of saying "DON'T LET REPLAY DETERMINE THE OUTCOME OF GAMES"... Which I'm sure wouldn't be the tune if that would have been called a TD, because he clearly feels extremely strongly that it wasn't.
nerdmann
6 years ago

If you want a play to complain about, have to look no further than the Panthers first TD. Olson was clearly committing Offensive PI. The favoritism to offense is a joke. Things like this combined with the crap of instant replay is has made football, including packers games almost unwatchable. Just because they can stop frame and see both hands touching a ball does not mean they have it grasped at that moment. I would rather not have replay, except for looking at dirty hits for ejections.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Our team probably benefits from the bullshit more often than not.

But that doesn’t mean it’s not bullshit.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

Our team probably benefits from the bullshit more often than not.

But that doesn’t mean it’s not bullshit.

I don't care what team is benefiting. The only reason I am watching any NFL football is because of the Packers, and I have even missed Packers games sitting in a tree hunting where I wouldn't have been in years past. The product they are putting out is not what it was. I don't want Nascar anymore because they flocked it up just like the NFL is doing.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!