uffda udfa
6 years ago
Loved the shot Highsmith took as he was leaving. Some think that was directed at Ted. I wonder if it was at Murphy?
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Barfarn
6 years ago

It's amazing how so many dismiss this because Bob wasn't the typical organizational cheerleader...

Would love to know the exact time they decided to extend MM. It wasn't prior to the season. The bumbling Murphy said it was "weeks ago". I'm guessing this happened right after Dorsey chose Cleveland. Did Dorsey spurn Murphy in favor of Cleveland?

I smile that Barfarn says everything is just as it should be at 1265. I think all of us know that not to be true. It doesn't smell right or feel right at all because it isn't. I hope Bob can add more to this story that is truly engrossing.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Just had a chance to read Bob McGinn's full article. It's incredible. Wow.

McGinn writes something; I unequivocally say it didn’t happen and an hour later Murphy says so in a PC. There’s yer sign 😂. Ya think rising star stud Tim McGarigle is getting a promo? Maybe all the way to DC? Well, he should be.

McGinn is dismissed because he’s is a big fat LIAR and a fool!

Of course you don’t articulate assclown Bob's McSpinns because you know it’ll get dismantled just like his lies about the Packers’ Board.

You refuse to understand this corporate structure thing! Murphy serves at the pleasure of a board consisting of business people, as a group, they like steady…they despise liability! Dorsey probably blew his chance to come back to GB, when he went all FA mental in KC; Murphy who serves at the pleasure of BUSINESS-PERSONS, is not going to go with a high risk/reward GM. Murphy will hire the very closest thing he can find to Ted. Dorsey’s KC firing was because something happened. Rumor on street is that after Ballard left and Dorsey was negotiating his contract so late in the year, Dorsey tried a financial shakedown w/ KC’s owner. If so, Dorsey overplayed his hand. BTW, don’t think you’ll find that one on the internet, ‘til now 😂. Whatever occurred, surely the GB BOD would not find it flattering.

If Murphy contacted Dorsey about the GM job; he’d be FIRED; he would NEVER have been authorized to do that by a corporate board. Take this crazy stuff and join a circus.

Why a search committee? This is what corporate Boards do! It assures a lack of bias in the process and Murphy undoubtedly has from working with some guys and not others. Murphy has biases from working in the industry that may cloud his ability to think outside the box and realize, EG, that Oprah will be the best GM.

And BTW, Ted is still GM, so all the talk about him being crazy, is certifiable 😂.

Every move so far makes perfect sense; this has all been planned out. And certainly most of the coaching changes don’t come as a complete surprise to MM, Ted and Murphy.

You’d see it too if you take facts, write them down on a piece of paper, and build theories and opinions from there. And dont fabricate batshit crazy stuff and parse facts thru the lens of the craziness. You also have to understand how a US corporate board works and how they’re likely to act. Fill in the gaps with reasonable reason. Don’t start by indulging your hate of Ted, or give too much credence to a stare and for god sake dont listen to Wilde, Cowherd, McGinn or imagine something about Dorsey after taking a hit of LSD.
Barfarn
6 years ago

Loved the shot Highsmith took as he was leaving. Some think that was directed at Ted. I wonder if it was at Murphy?

I was not happy that Alonzo left...But now I can see what a classless douchebag the guy is.

It is now understandable why this dork couldn't be trusted. What an unprofessional, emotional, classless child! Now off to Cleveland with ya!

See in the end, with all the info, the open-minded intellectual fan understands why things happen that at first seem puzzling.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I don't hate Ted. You have never understood. I feel for him. He's ill.

Why would you bring up facts? To you a fact is anything a person in power says? There are countless lies coming from 1265. Did you watch Murphy at the presser or just read edited quotes? That guy is fraudulent. Do you honestly think he's going to admit something that tells the world what a spineless puppet he really is. Obfuscation is the name of the game with his type.

Do you recognize the irony in your liability comment on what boards don't like? Think hard. Would having your franchise run by someone unfit be considered a liability?

I'm enraged at your insistence Ted is just fine. It's disgusting what you're doing. He hasn't been fine for a long time. I read some stuff on his being off that dates as far back as 2013. For you to feign that you didn't notice is bad...it's despicable you're claiming he's fine just to disparage McGinn.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
6 years ago

1- The Packers extended McCarthy during the season, and only for one season. Why only one season? Did they know Thompson was out after 2017?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

This one makes a lot of sense to me. For what ever reason, the NFL culture says head coaches with only a year left on their contract is a horrible sign, especially when you're trying to hire people (such as a defensive coordinator)... so adding the extra year gets rid of the horrible sign. While also putting as little money on the line in case the new GM says get rid of him in year 2.

5- Bob McGinn says board of directors directed Mark Murphy to make a GM change. One of the board told Aaron Nagler there was no direction made, and it was suggested.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Everyone else in the know, seems to be saying McGinn is mistaken (or worse). I'm guessing McGinn is just writing the most extreme version of what he's hearing to be different and differentiate from other writers, or that his sources are and he's just writing it.

UserPostedImage
rabidgopher04
6 years ago
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21946516/alonzo-highsmith-join-cleveland-browns-vice-president-football-operations 

"We discussed so many ideas and all kinds of stuff," Highsmith said in a phone interview from Cleveland. "I was exposed to so much stuff today. That's why I thought it was as great opportunity. It feels good to go somewhere that you feel like you're trusted."

"It was a great 19 years," Highsmith said. "I hope I did my part for the Packers to make them better. Now I'm gone and you know what, I won't be the last guy."

Eyebrow raising for sure. What is going on inside 1265? Sounds like a shakeup. Hopefully we get quality guys to come in a replace the ones we are losing.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
beast
6 years ago
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21946516/alonzo-highsmith-join-cleveland-browns-vice-president-football-operations 

Eyebrow raising for sure. What is going on inside 1265? Sounds like a shakeup. Hopefully we get quality guys to come in a replace the ones we are losing.

This is interesting

Didn't Eliot Wolf and Brian Gutekunst both pass Highsmith on their way up the ladder? So they probably were going to have a greater shot at the GM role.

Also I remember a quote, I believe from Highsmith, talking about how Thompson plays things very close to the vest (sorta sounded negative as Thompson wasn't sharing enough) and then he added, and that's a very good thing, because we can't accidentally say what we don't know (which seemed like trying to turn it into a joke)... but that not feeling trusted implied is in both places.

And as the article said, it would not be surprising if some of the Packers guys went elsewhere after not getting the GM job. People feelings get hurt and they're going to get other job offers, maybe some team might even offer a GM role to them.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
6 years ago
I'll say this.
The board of Directors have no reason to be telling anybody anything when it comes to who or how The Packers are built .
That would mean they are listening to the fans.
When that happens , nothing but disaster.

If the plan is to Blow this whole thing up, pretty sure it's going to be awhile before we see winning football in Green Bay.

Of course that is what some have been calling for.
Get ready, it could be coming!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Barfarn
6 years ago

I don't hate Ted.

I'm enraged...

You’re enraged! FINALLY, you are becoming self aware. I agree! [Step 1]

Step 2: Its RAGE that has you ranting about Ted’s mental condition without providing 1 single solitary example or fact. NOT ONE!

Step 3: Admit you cant provide 1 single example of Ted’s diminished mental capacity. You can’t because you are a lying about it just like your raging buddy McSpinnster.

This one makes a lot of sense to me. For what ever reason, the NFL culture says head coaches with only a year left on their contract is a horrible sign, especially when you're trying to hire people (such as a defensive coordinator)... so adding the extra year gets rid of the horrible sign. While also putting as little money on the line in case the new GM says get rid of him in year 2.

Originally Posted by: beast 

The one year extension was done for the players not coaching hires. Players live in fear every moment that they’ll lose their job [this is lost on the fan]. They know when the coach goes their odds of being gone increases. They think more about their resume, which is the tape, and have a greater tendency to play for their stats over the team's. Realize if a bunch of idiot fans scream for a coach to be gone and it gets traction in the press and blogs…THE TEAM COULD SUFFER. Fans can harm the product on the field.

A DC will not come to GB because Mike has 2 years instead of 1. With 6 coaching jobs open, we’re presumably going to get the 7th best DC, assuming he AND HIS FAMILY want to come to northeast Wisconsin. Brown County’s provincial Republitardism, its lack of diversity, travel difficulty, 3 seasons [July, August and winter], etc, repels coaches just like FAs. This is not a good situation, but its why Capers wasn’t replaced earlier. Kinda dumb to fire a guy unless you are sure you can get someone better, right?

Our best hope is that a top DC, who knows and/or respects the chess game he's played with Mike, is comfy that if Mike gets fired after 1 year, he’ll go with Mike. And he doesn’t care that his family moves 2x in 2 years.

I'll say this.
The board of Directors have no reason to be telling anybody anything when it comes to who or how The Packers are built .
That would mean they are listening to the fans.
When that happens , nothing but disaster.

If the plan is to Blow this whole thing up, pretty sure it's going to be awhile before we see winning football in Green Bay.

Of course that is what some have been calling for.
Get ready, it could be coming!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Would you think negative of the Boards of Walmart or McDonalds for listening to their customers?

Fans yelling “fire McCarthy” is like someone telling Walmart how they should organize their distribution infrastructure.

But, make no mistake about it, the 1265 Board is about corporate profit. Profit is about marketing the team for its consumers. If consumers/fans double their consumption when Rodgers plays Tackle, Rodgers will be playing Tackle in 2018. Fans affect the play on the field.

No shake-up; just a consequence of unparalleled front office success. GB had tons of guys capable of running teams, some left, more would have left if Ted was 45. Those that stayed to get the GM job will leave when they dont get it. Ted left and came back. Wolf could very well be back as GM if Ball does't work out and Wolf will be better for having worked elsewhere.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
In Bob's piece he doesn't say the board forced Mark to act. I think that is what PFT said he said. The article said the board suggested Ted be removed and that fits with Nagler's tweet from the board member.

One thing I think is clear from all this. Ted created a laissez faire atmosphere that trickled on down to MM, staff and players. Everyone was stagnant and complacent. It's little wonder now that the guy making it all cushy is gone people are panicked and jumping ship. They had no accountability for years. Now, there's a heavy dose. Things are being scrutinized. This is a GREAT thing

We will find out very soon how much 12 really carries things.

Our org has needed to become a real organization. Having a weirdo like Ted created a bizarro world. Having him coming from a base of aloofness and deteriorating had to really make for a truly bizarre culture.
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (9h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (12h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (15h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (16h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders