Barfarn
6 years ago

For you, musccy...Does it sound like they had a plan? Yeah, WHEN Ted was gone they'd come up with one. This is from July 2017:

From Rob Demovsky ESPN.com:

"As long as he wants to continue to work and he's still doing a good job -- and I think he still does a great job for us -- I want him to continue to be our general manager," Murphy said of Thompson.

As Murphy said after the season, he does not have a hand-picked successor in mind.

Since then, however, a potential top candidate became available when the Kansas City Chiefs last month parted ways with general manager John Dorsey, who was a longtime Packers scout. Murphy wouldn't say whether the Packers planned to bring back Dorsey in any capacity; that would fall under Thompson's purview. But Dorsey is part of a lengthy list of potential replacements for Thompson, who is under contract through at least the 2018 season and possibly through the 2019 draft, although Murphy hasn't clarified that.

"I can't tell you now who we would hire because you don't know when that would be," Murphy said. "But we would have a process in place when that would happen."

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

If GB had their successor in place; THEY'D BE VIOLATING THE ROONEY RULE!

Murphy's saying they had the frame work for the transition in place to pick a new GM; what is the problem with this?

LOOK OUT! There's an alien jumping into the Corn Flakes!
Barfarn
6 years ago

Bob isn't lying about every single thing. Does he take something small and stretch it? Sure, that's what a lot of journalists do. Hell, its often times encouraged by their editors. This is why I do not like the media, nor trust them much and prefer to read transcripts for my information or watch the press conferences in full.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Very very true and very wise.

But, this article is WAYYYYY beyond annoying deceptions that have destroyed the journalistic profession.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
The Rooney Rule...LOL! Yeah, that NEVER gets violated. Look at the Gruden situation. Rumor must be false because ...The Rooney Rule! The Rooney Rule. LOL.

The problem? Did Mark Murphy look and sound like a man with a plan yesterday? Honestly? Did he? He was as underwhelming as he could possibly be. There's no aura about him at all. Not a single thing should make any Packers fan feel confident we're in good hands. Nothing. The guy made jokes about how little Ted actually did. Think about that. He's a total buffoon.

Tell me you think Murphy came off well yesterday? Anyone?

EDIT: I want someone to tell me what was "defamatory" in Bob's piece. Anyone?
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Barfarn
6 years ago

No mental health professional is going to speak to someone's situation they haven't personally diagnosed and you know that, B. No doctor will make a diagnosis on someone's potential blown ACL, either.

People knew. Bill Huber and I had a nice back and forth. Go look it up. He said he didn't have enough sources to write a story like that. He did not ever say there was no story...just that he couldn't write it.

I asked why he couldn't have spoken to what he personally witnessed? No answer. Previously, he admitted to me that there was something wrong, that everyone knew about it, but nobody would talk about it. Those who are denying this stuff McGinn is saying are really burying their heads in the sand. There is no other conclusion. None.

WRONG:
Wash Post Sep 22, 2017 - “Mr. Trump's sociopathic characteristics are undeniable,” retired Harvard psychiatry professor Lance Dodes concludes. There's a thousand more examples.

McGinn may not get one to diagnose Ted so definitively; but if he brought a cogent set of facts and maybe, EG, videos of Ted staring off into space; mental health pros would line up to talk about possibilities. Just like med doctors do with injuries.

Again is Huber mentally retarded because of the way he stammers, stutters and lisps? Of course not. Huber's observations dont support a finding of diminished mental capacity or he'd write the story.

And here's the thing, you opine that NOBODY WOULD TALK ABOUT IT. But McGinn got someone to talk about Ted being unaware of his own presence during a BOD meeting.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I understand the sensitive nature of this story. I do. However, there is nothing wrong with asking questions. Questions should've been asked. This is a PUBLICLY held franchise. There is absolutely no reason to not trying to determine the fitness of the person in charge of it. You don't do that and you're done. You have to.

Bob did exactly as he should've. This story has been corroborated through Nagler that the board did suggest to Murphy that Ted be removed. I'm sure Murphy is playing semantics and am reminded of...it depends on what the definition of is, is. Murphy is the liar. How you don't see that? How?

So, what is your contention? Nobody on the board suggested Ted be removed? Do I have this correct? Am I to understand Ted left of his own accord? Why would Ted leave of his own accord? Do you have any explanation? All you've done is rip Bob McGinn and the notion that the truth is false. What is your truth? You seem to know exactly what is false, so tell us what is true.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

uffda udfa
6 years ago
Kevin.,.. How was anyone able to talk about Aaron's collarbone for weeks? That's about another man's health. This is as or more worthy of discussion than Aaron's clavicle. What is the real agenda here? It isn't not talking about another man's health or the McGinn piece wouldn't have been posted in the first place because that's exactly what that piece does.
UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Kevin.,.. How was anyone able to talk about Aaron's collarbone for weeks? That's about another man's health. This is as or more worthy of discussion than Aaron's clavicle. What is the real agenda here? It isn't not talking about another man's health or the McGinn piece wouldn't have been posted in the first place because that's exactly what that piece does.

A broken collarbone for an athlete who publicly spoke about it is the same as discussing someones mental health and cognitive well-being of someone who's intensely private? Why is it so hard for you to respect others? You've said your piece 100 times, its stale, move the hell on.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Respect who? Ted? A public employee? You do understand you and others speculated on Aaron long before his instagram post? He was silent for some time before that IG. Did the same thing the last time he broke his collarbone and he was silent for weeks after that one.

What is disrespectful that I'm doing? You're saying I'm not being respectful but you haven't said how other than Ted is intensely private so I shouldn't say anything due to his desire for privacy after you posted the McGinn piece that Barfarn thinks is actionable?

UserPostedImage

nerdmann
6 years ago
I’ll take the guy who found Aaron Jones in the fifth round over the dude who thinks Janis is better than Davante, any day.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
6 years ago
We have nerd down for Eliot Wolf as next GM.
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (8m) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (8m) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (7h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (7h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (7h) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (10h) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (11h) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.