shield4life
6 years ago

When they hire Ball, I will be spot on that all they did is hide Ted and let him run things out of the public eye.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Ted won't be running things around, the only reason his staying put as an advisor is for his draft experience.

This is one sick blanking org. As usual, buddy club goes on...Ted isn't fired nor MM. That duo gets to continue wasting 12s career and I won't watch.

Rodgers career is not wasted just because his only one 1 SB. There have been a lot of QB's that have had amazing careers that haven't even won once the SB. I know it's annoying the fact that you've got one of the best QB to play the game and only managed to win one SB but by no means has he or the Packers wasted his career.

How anyone could support this pathetic group of people anymore is hard for me to understand. Mark Murphy is disgusting and vile.

I don't really understand what you mean? The only actual one that's sticking around that has an actual direct impact to the team is McCarthy & his a good coach so I don't really mind.

The big change is getting rid of some pitiful assistants that should've either never been here or were here way too long.

Yes, you're right these changes are big and depending on who comes we will notice some changes to the team.

Patriots, Saints, Jags, Bills, Chiefs...trying to decide who to spend my time on going forward if this proves true. I will hope 0-16 for the Green Bay Packers every year if they pull off this giant ruse on it's way too loyal and trusting fanbase. I've been a fool way too long accepting their shoot low mentality. Murphy closed in perfect pathetic Packer fashion....We need to get back to what our fans expect and that's having a chance at SBs. Doesn't speak of winning them...back to having a chance. Failures and losers there speaking in this spineless bean counting manner.

You think the Saints, Jags, Bills, Chiefs, Patriots have a better chance of winning then the Packers do? Regardless who's managing or coaching the team, I would never put my money against Rodgers & the Packers. That's fine ... I just don't understand why wait until the news is official cause clearly it don't seem your a person that sticks around when things get bad. Might as well jump ship from now before Rodgers retires if it'll make you feel better. We don't need fans like you around.

Spent years anxiously awaiting real change only to be lied to in the worst and sickest of ways only to have the same weirdo who is now unfit in charge. I can't enable it. There's not much choice if you want to maintain any dignity.

Sure because if we hire Wolf as our manager, all our problems are solved and we're winning the SB!!! 😂

I feel sorry for Packers fans everywhere. You really need to look at what this org is doing and decide if you want to be party to it with your time.

I feel sorry for you!

Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Not a person who doesn't stick around when things get bad? Now, that's some nice spin. It's not about the team being bad, it's about being lied to and someone trying to execute a con on you.

Not surprised you feeling sorry for me and are okay with what's taking place. It's your mentality that has caused a version of road rage for me. It's unhealthy for me watching a group of people content and supportive of things I find distasteful and disgraceful. The Koolaid is so so bitterly sour to me while the sweetest of the sweet to the base. I'm not that. I've tried to be it holding on for Ted and Mike to leave. They will eventually leave when 12 is a shadow of himself. Perhaps, I return to the team I followed when things were truly bad through the 80s but if it's Ball and the con is fully executed, I'm out. 100% done.

You can enjoy being the dupe. Shoot, nerd loves the idea of this. I can't relate to the mentality but realize it's necessary to enjoy following this team. It just brings me frustration. One man's trash truly is another man's treasure in this case. Enjoy.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Not a person who doesn't stick around when things get bad? Now, that's some nice spin. It's not about the team being bad, it's about being lied to and someone trying to execute a con on you.

Not surprised you feeling sorry for me and are okay with what's taking place. It's your mentality that has caused a version of road rage for me. It's unhealthy for me watching a group of people content and supportive of things I find distasteful and disgraceful. The Koolaid is so so bitterly sour to me while the sweetest of the sweet to the base. I'm not that. I've tried to be it holding on for Ted and Mike to leave. They will eventually leave when 12 is a shadow of himself. Perhaps, I return to the team I followed when things were truly bad through the 80s but if it's Ball and the con is fully executed, I'm out. 100% done.

You can enjoy being the dupe. Shoot, nerd loves the idea of this. I can't relate to the mentality but realize it's necessary to enjoy following this team. It just brings me frustration. One man's trash truly is another man's treasure in this case. Enjoy.

You are assuming you are being lied to and blowing a gasket on that assumption. I'm not saying we're being told 100% truth, I sure as hell hope not. The sick and vile entitlement of some fans to know everything is ignorant and moronic. We have no rights or entitlement to know everything. Getting all bent out of shape over things you don't even know to be accurate or not is a waste of emotion and angst.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Said like a supporter of the Packers, Kevin.

If you want to support them should they do it have at it. I will stop caring the moment I hear Ball announced.

I have no respect for the homer who won't think and question and seek truth. Is it a coincidence Bob McGinn is the only one who told the truth? What do you think that creates? A media who looks the other way and a fanbase believing if it ain't at Packers.com it must be false.

This is a con run on the fanbase. If you are okay cool. I think it's sad when you call me the moron for seeking truth and putting the pieces together. Realize I was giddy a few days ago. However, now that I see what is happening I feel the reverse because I think and don't accept. Don't ever call someone a moron for not wanting to be duped like you seem to be okay with. You should feel thankful for a guy like McGinn who exposed the truth. We need more of that not less. More thinking less not just going along for the ride. The moron here isn't the thinker.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Why does the GM have to be a great scout?

Does the head of a hospital need to be a great surgeon?

Back in the day, the coach was one of the better players on the team; guys went both ways. Now we’re smarter.

Great players never make great coaches because their personal experiences bias their ability to objectively direct other players effectively. I’m sure there are times when Ted’s brilliance in talent evaluation biased/handicapped his ability to see certain things in certain players and maybe he didn’t listen to other scouts with a mind as wide open as it should have been.

Ball not being a superscout requires him to rely on the scouting opinions of others with less bias.

I want a robot GM like Ted that has a plan and sticks to it come hell or high water. Flamboyant degenerate gamblers, like Schnieder, never succeed. I want a GM that is the smartest guy in any room in which he walks; a guy that is a true leader of men; a guy expert in delegation and skilled at surrounding himself with the best of the best of the best. That’s Ball.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

This is what I like about you Barny. You don't even recognize when you are completely wrong.

John Schneider as GM in Seattle:
10 7-9 won the division. Their defeat over heavily favored New Orleans helped GB win the SB.
11 7-9
12 11-5 Wild card team. Won first round game on the road. Almost beat #1 seed Atlanta on road.
13 13-3 Division winner. #1 seed. SB winner.
14 12-4 Division winner. # 1 seed. SB runner up.
15 10-6 Wild card. Won first round game. Once again nearly beat #1 seed.
16 10-5-1 Division winner #3 seed. won wild card game.
17 9-7

record 79-48-1 .621
almost every franchise except New England would take this from their "loser" GM.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

UserPostedImage
musccy
6 years ago
I have and still disagree with a lot Uffda is saying, but the tea leaves do appear to be pointing towards the Murphy/Ball/Ted triad simply reshuffling. Nothing new aside from us losing the top end of our personnel tree so we can hire an accountant.

There is a lot I liked about Ted including the mute button he had on 1265. However, the devotion to the defense with pitiful results still falls at his feet, and if it ends up being Ballnit seems like Ted will still have a huge say in what happens with FA/drafting.

Someone made a reference to the hospital being run by a surgeon... The GM has to "perform surgery." I want a superior talent evaluator running the show, someone who could do this on his own, this is a big part of their job. Wolf could. Ted could until recent years (IMO). What evidence do we have that Ball has any background in this?
uffda udfa
6 years ago
As Eliot interviews, here's the headline from Tom Silverstein:. Packers' Russ Ball a man of immense influence and intrigue

Do you get it? Do you see it now? There's zero journalism. It's about mutual benefit for Tom and the org.

@rapsheet is out there promoting and defending Russ Ball...did you notice him do that for Wolf or Gutekunst? Ian gets Packers scoops. He's playing the game painting the org in a positive light so his info out of 1265 keeps flowing.

I promise you this is what's happening. I saw it and worked in it for years. This is how it works and why most fans are completely unaware of anything remotely close to the real full story.
UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
6 years ago

UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/silverstein/2018/01/03/silverstein-russ-ball-good-bet-next-packers-gm/1000141001/

--just freaking great. Goodbye Packers. We had a heckuva run, if true...

There is no need for the melodramatic Brett Favre style drama... I'm gonna stay or I'm gonna go... Just freaking pick one already. If you don't pick one, then like Favre I'm betting your gonna stay and keep up the melodramatic BS.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (50m) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (51m) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (3h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (4h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (7h) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (8h) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (13h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (13h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (20h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (20h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (20h) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23h) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Random Babble / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.