Barfarn
5 years ago
[Face Palm]

Did any of you actually read what mike said? It wasn’t even a full moon when Mike howled this nonsense.

Mike said he wants the D better and it’s NOT about “hitting,” the “stats” or the “bullshit.” He’s saying the hitting is OKAY, the level of play is OKAY and incidentally, so is the bullshit. Seems to me if there was bullshit, that’s what you want to stop. Or is bullshit converting in its meaning like “bad” once meant bad; but now “baaad” means good. Maybe he said “boooooooolshit,” which is good stuff now [rolling eyes].

Remember Aaron’s pick 6 in AZ in OT in 2009, when Mike just dropped to his knees? McCarthy repeatedly said he was embarrassed by this “drama.”

NOW THINK: why is this Christian family man, who prides himself on being an example for his kids being so “dramatic” using such language like that in an offseason public interview? It not like it was a post game PC after the D just hung a 50 burger. This outburst is patently disproportionate and shows a level of drama Mike deems embarrassing. It shows he’s conflicted and boiling inside; but constrained from explaining the truth about the D. This behavior shows he’s terrified of the D he expects to have this coming season.

I guess I’d be barking at the clouds too, if saw my O got worse from a $7-8M per overpay to a soft, lazy TE in exchange for Jody; when he $$$$ should have been invested in the D.
Cheesey
5 years ago
Being a “Christian family man” doesn’t mean he is perfect. NO ONE (including me...or even you) are perfect.
To use McCarthy using bad language as a reason to rip on him is lame.
I’m a Christian too, and I sin all the time. I’m not bragging. But I know it’s true. Judge yourself with the same level you judge others.
Being a pro coach of any sport takes a big time toll on a person. And I’m sure Mike McCarthy is feeling the heat over his past failures. If anyone knows he’s under the gun to produce, he knows.
He had an attitude the year they won SB45, and I’m hoping that’s what he will have this year.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago

First, anyone who calls players, coaches, ect. silly names lose all credibility to me,
We are better than that here on packershome.
Want to use stupid names, go to FB and post with the rest of the clowns who don't know a damn thing and only post to complain.

Of course Mike is riled up.
He has sat back and watched while the new GM has put HIS stamp on the team by overpaying for a Hybrid TE/WR while kicking QB 1's favorite receiver to the curb saying he just wasn't worth the money.

Releasing Jordy wasn't a huge surprise, but offering him Vet. mimimum with no signing bonus or guaranteed money was just a slap in the face to Jordy.
Players notice how things are handled.

Mike has sat back and watched as the new GM let The Packers if not their best, their most knowledgable DB and their best Special teams player go without even an offer.
Players notice how things are handled.

I wonder if Mike is riled up because here it is , less then a month away from the draft, 2 months from OTA's and there has been no news on getting a deal done with Aaron Rodgers.

This new GM going to try and low-ball Aaron also?

The writing is on the wall, this is Mike's last year in Green Bay.

I would be riled up to.

Mike has nothing to worry about, he will be coaching The Browns come 2019.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

To me, it's Mike and Aaron who have been crying that Ted hasn't been active enough, hasn't been no steak, all sizzle. Now they're getting what they want.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dhazer
5 years ago
I personally think he is afraid for his job because he can't use Capers as a scapegoat anymore.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
5 years ago
Mike has nothing to be afraid of.
He's been around long enough to know how things work.
Every GM wants to make it HIS team, with HIS players and HIS Head Coach.
Ted did it.
He kept Sherman around 1 year as he jettisoned the guys he didn't want, then brought in Mike and rebuilt the team .
The only thing different here is if This Packer team doesn't get decimated by injuries and catch a couple breaks along the way, has a chance to go all the way.

Whatever happens, this is Mike's last year in Green Bay.

The same thing is happening right now in Cleveland, only they are completely cleaning house and acquiring talent to once again be relevant.
They are just biding their time until the inevitable happens and Mike becomes available.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Cheesey
5 years ago
IF(and it’s a BIG if) Mike McCarthy wins the super bowl this year, it’s no way his last year here.
But no SB win, and then I think he’s gone too.
And I think Capers was no way his scape goat. Although Capers was kept too long. He should have been gone earlier, as it was clear he wasn’t getting it done.
That DOES fall right on Mike McCarthy for not doing what was necessary earlier.
Although MAYBE Mike realized that it wouldn’t matter until Ted was gone and there would be a GM in power that would get him the players he would need to “get it done”.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
5 years ago
Unless Cleveland finds a QB this year Mike will not be heading there next year. Mike will go somewhere with a young QB who is established but hasn't gotten to the point where he is 100% the guy. Mike will want to prove his QB guru reputation by making a guy a star. Right now he is just the guy who made a name for himself riding the backs of 2 all time greats.
buckeyepackfan
5 years ago

Unless Cleveland finds a QB this year Mike will not be heading there next year. Mike will go somewhere with a young QB who is established but hasn't gotten to the point where he is 100% the guy. Mike will want to prove his QB guru reputation by making a guy a star. Right now he is just the guy who made a name for himself riding the backs of 2 all time greats.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I kind of remember Brett agreeing to try it Mikes way in 2007 and having one of his best years of his career.
You are delusional if you think Aaron walked off The Cal field onto Lambeau Field as the player he has become.
Coaching matters.
I just wonder if Aaron will sign an extension now or decide to move on .
A lot of fans wanted changes, well for better or worse they are happening.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

I kind of remember Brett agreeing to try it Mikes way in 2007 and having one of his best years of his career.
You are delusional if you think Aaron walked off The Cal field onto Lambeau Field as the player he has become.
Coaching matters.
I just wonder if Aaron will sign an extension now or decide to move on .
A lot of fans wanted changes, well for better or worse they are happening.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Easy on the personal aimed remarks, please.

I must have missed something because I'm completely optimistic about this upcoming season and it seems like folks around here all melancholy and the end is near. What the hell? We got ourselves a vertical threat at TE and a monster (when motivated) defensive lineman. Are we that butt-hurt over Jordy Nelson? I thought Aaron Rodgers was so great, hid so many flaws, etc ... if so, why are we worried about WR's then?

The Packers tried to improve their defense, but they have this nagging thing call Salary Cap that slows that down. That's why we ended up with Tramon Williams, who btw ProFootballFocus had rated as 9th best CB last season. He'll be a good veteran for the youngsters.

I dunno -- reading McCarthy (regarding what was opened up with in this topic) I find encouraging. It almost feels like a new coach. Maybe he's fighting for his job, good, I hope he is, I hope EVERYONE at 1265 is fighting like they could lose their job tomorrow.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
True. There can’t be much more of a motivating thing then the thought of losing your job if you don’t perform.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (3h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (3h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (6h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (7h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (17h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.