gbguy20
  • gbguy20
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
5 years ago

Injuries, Usage, Formations/Personnel

CBs Jaire Alexander missed practice with a groin injury and Kevin King had a shoulder (not surgical one).  Silverstein

DNP: Trevor Davis (hamstring), Kevin King (shoulder, not the one he had surgery on), Jaire Alexander (groin), Devante Mays (hamstring), Aaron Jones (hamstring), Nick Perry (PUP), David Bakhtiari (ankle), Mike Daniels (quad) Cohen

Kentrell Brice (ankle) was in pads early but finished as a spectator.  Demovsky  Brice did do a couple team snaps and then left. Silverstein

Fullback Joe Kerridge dropped out of practice at some point. He had missed some time with a shoulder injury.  Silverstein

Ty Montgomery, Marquez Valdes-Scantling are returning kickoffs. Trevor Davis (hamstring) still not practicing.  Wilde

Perry might be getting closer. Doing some work with a trainer on the side to simulate football movements.  Huber

Davante Adams said of MVS and his speed that "he's like he got shot out of a cannon every single play."  Spofford

JK Scott alternating with Mason Crosby on kickoffs. Doubt he’ll overtake Crosby, but Scott isn’t new to kickoffs.  Wood

Quinten Rollins getting some reps at safety in team drills. Cohen

I still feel like this move reeks of desperation to try and find a spot that works before cutting [Rollins], if Rollins can show versatility & special teams’ ability he would have a lot of value on the roster.  Herman

Ahmad Thomas and Greer Martini both lining up with first team on kick return. Both need to excel on special teams in bids for roster spots. Nagler

Kyle Murphy to fill in for injured left tackle David Bakhtiari. Silverstein

Packers make Jake Ryan (OLB CJ Johnons) to IR official. Nagler Cap Churn

Mike McCarthy on run game: You're better served working on pass game in OTAs. We're better off in pass rush in camp than we have been in past years. But I"m happy with the way we're running the ball. Maybe the D is behind a little bit in the run game.  Silverstein

I believe Jake Kumerow barely has 1 year of practice squad eligibility left. The rules are a bit crazy, but I’m pretty sure he has 1 season left.  Trevor Davis, Yancey, & the rookie wrs would all be eligible.  Herman

McCarthy says Jason Spriggs, like all players who go through major injuries, is dealing with the associated challenges of his dislocated kneecap from December. It takes the better part of a year to get back to 100 percent.  Cohen

McCarthy says Mike Pettine prefers to coach from the box.  Nagler

Actual Plays: WRs/Pass Defense/QBs/RBs

Jimmy Graham is back. Just beat Jermaine Whitehead with an inside move, easy catch from Aaron Rodgers.  Wood Graham had gotten up slowly 10 minutes earlier in practice.

Josh Jones was in coverage and landed on him. Practice went dead quiet for a few seconds. Graham walked to sideline slowly after.  Nagler Graham and Jones have had a tussle in prior practices.

Josh Jones with really tight coverage on Jimmy Graham.  Wood

Tom Boyle challenges CB Lenzy Pipkins three times to the corner of the EZ to Equanimeous St. Brown and can’t connect in 2-minute. Silverstein

Kumerow got behind Williams and Clinton-Dix but Rodgers misses him deep during Pass Under Pressure drill.  Nagler

Jake Kumerow’s first catch of the day.  Hodkiewicz

Kumerow bears Williams on a deep In and Rodgers finds him over the middle during Pass Under Pressure. Kid is not going away.  Nagler

WR Randall Cobb has returned and is practicing. Just caught a pass from Rodgers. Silverstein

Valdes-Scantling with a nice play deep, wrestling ball away from Goodson in the air on a shot from Kizer. Nagler  

Cobb not running routes with the receivers. He was here earlier but apparently went back inside.  Silverstein

Valdes-Scantling with an excellent snag over the middle on a heater from Rodgers. Plucked it with his hands and never broke stride. Nagler

Demetri Goodson ends Kizer’s 2-minutewith an INT. Ball glanced off TE Robert Tonyan’s hands.

Josh Jackson getting work with the No. 1 nickel. Blanketed Davante Adams on deep ball down the sideline. Silverstein

The absence of King and Alexander is really noticeable today. The likes of House and Goodson getting beat regularly.  Nagler

Special Teams

Mason Crosby and the FG unit with their first perfect day of camp. Made all 8 field goals — from a PAT all the way to 50. Now 27-of-32 on camp kicks. Demovsky

Crosby hit from 33, 35, 40, 42, 44, 47, 49, 50.  Silverstein

JK Scott — 5.03 on a 63-yard punt from his own 30. Averaged 4.76 seconds and 54.5 yards on six reps. Demovsky

51, 4.62; 49, 4.80; 55, 4.62; 58, 4.93; 54, 4.78; 63, 5.22 (Yeah, this one was nutty. His best of camp so far.) Avg: 55, 4.82  Wood

OL/DL:

Reggie Gilbert is winning a lot in teams today, but always has to let up once he makes his initial move and he has a QB in a red shirt in his sights.  Nagler
Filed Under:[URL=/blog/category/cheesehead-tv/packers-news" typeof="skos:Concept" property="rdfs:label skos:prefLabel" datatype="]Packers News[/URL][URL=/blog/category/featured" typeof="skos:Concept" property="rdfs:label skos:prefLabel" datatype="]Featured[/URL]NFL Categories:[URL=/taxonomy/term/12336" typeof="skos:Concept" property="rdfs:label skos:prefLabel" datatype="]Green Bay Packers[/URL]Tags:[URL=/tag/packers" typeof="skos:Concept" property="rdfs:label skos:prefLabel" datatype="]packers[/URL][URL=/tag/practice" typeof="skos:Concept" property="rdfs:label skos:prefLabel" datatype="]practice[/URL][URL=/tag/training-camp" typeof="skos:Concept" property="rdfs:label skos:prefLabel" datatype="]Training Camp[/URL]

Like Like

0 points

[/URL]

Continue Reading @ [url=http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/CheeseheadTv/~3/Uv-B-ESC_Zw/practice-round-up-day-9-august-6-2018-123]CheeseheadTV 

CheeseheadTV wrote:

I like what I'm hearing about our young receivers
nerdmann
5 years ago
Me too, Jmon and EQ looked good on Family Night.

Nice to hear Josh Jones had good coverage on a play.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago

Packers make Jake Ryan (OLB CJ Johnons) to IR official.

I'm not sure what exactly this means. Is Nagler saying that Johnson was signed to the 90-man roster in Ryan's place?

Edit: No, that isn't right, because Johnson was also placed on IR Monday . What a strange choice of notation.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (14h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (15h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (15h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (21h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (21h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (21h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (21h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (21h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (21h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (21h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (21h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (22h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (22h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.