gbguy20
  • gbguy20
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
5 years ago

Injuries, Usage, Formations/Personnel

DNP: Trevor Davis (hamstring); Randall Cobb (ankle), Kevin King (shoulder), Jaire Alexander (groin), Devante Mays (hamstring), Aaron Jones (hamstring), Joe Kerridge (shoulder), David Bakhtiari (ankle), Mike Daniels (quad), Jimmy Graham (knee), Muhammad Wilkerson (groin)  Cohen

Jimmy Graham is dealing with a knee injury. Not anything serious, but Packers held him out today…. Nagler

Aaron Jones doing some cutting and catching. Perry working some pass-rush moves.  Huber

Jake Kumerow could very easily be WR4 when the Packers open against the Bears next month.  Kruse

Rodgers called the WR effort during the scout team period "piss poor."  Huber

AR: I think Yancey has really progressed, G-Mo, obviously 16 (Jake Kumerow.  But everybody else was kind of piss poor.  Cohen

WR Equanimeous St. Brown grabbed his left shoulder after landing hard  but he has remained in practice.  Wood

With Cobb out again, Yancey is running with the 1s in the slot. Nagler

Aaron Jones doing some cutting and catching. Perry working some pass-rush moves.  Huber

Equanimeous St. Brown has shown what kind of weapon he could be, especially on the boundary. He seems to run the out route well.  Hodkiewicz

Equanimeous St. Brown is starting to flash. He’s catching everything and really using his length around the sideline. Rodgers seems more willing to throw to him.  Silverstein

It's fun to think about, but I'd be shocked. They're trying to sign Rodgers to a mega deal, then they're going to turn around and deal a bevy of valuable picks for a guy who also wants a new (big) deal? Can't see it (trading for Mack).  Nagler

Front Office-Speak, Coach-Speak:

Gutekunst asked about pass rusher Khalil Mack. Says he would call GM Reggie McKenzie regardless of whether Mack is available — because they're friends — and then reiterates he's open to conversations with teams. Doesn't say anything about Mack specifically. Cohen

Key for young players is progress, Gutekunst says. Need to see a steady, upward trajectory.  Huber

Gutekunst says right now he has no concern about the offensive tackle position, even with injuries to Bakhtiari and Bulaga. But he says that could change depending on how the exhibition games play out.  Cohen

Gutekunst said he feels really good about depth in the secondary. Said they still have to get through the preseason games but feels like they have the ability to have depth.  Gutekunst on JK Scott: His consistency through high school and college has been remarkable. It was a chance to upgrade our team.  Silverstein

"Slim pickings" in the free-agent market, Gutekunst says. NO update on Madison.  Huber

OL James Campen said T Jason Spriggs is still getting used to the 20 pounds he put on during the off-season and that it is affecting the way he's moving around. He said after a week and a half, Spriggs should start catching up with the added weight and play better.  Silverstein

Campen said Murphy could still play some guard, but right now the need is at tackle. Campen likes Murphy's versatility on the line.  Wood.

of busted coverages in camp: "Probably the norm, maybe a little less. We're very vertical conscious." Said If it's going to happen they're going to make sure it happens underneath and not over the top.  Silverstein

Pettine says Montravius Adams reminds him of a young Muhammad Wilkerson, who he said had “special traits” in size and speed but needed more consistency.  Wood

RB Coach Ben Sirmans said RB Devante Mays was making big strides prior to the hamstring injury in training camp. "When he's on, he's explosive through the holes, has great cutting ability with good balance."  Cohen

McCarthy said Nick Perry is getting close to being brought off PUP. Did not say exactly when.  Silverstein

Actual Plays: WRs/Pass Defense/QBs/RBs

Another excellent play from Kumerow, leaping over Quinten Rollins to catch a high pass in back of end zone during red-zone one-on-ones. All he’s done is impress. Wood

Rookie CB Josh Jackson got three reps against Davante Adams in 1-on-1s. Did a pretty good job. Only one completed. Adams had a slight edge on a deep ball but it was overthrown.  Silverstein Adams said that Jackson has really improved.

Geronimo Allison consistently catches ball away from body. With his arms, difficult for DB to breakup; -Kumerow made tip-toe TD in red zone from Hundley. Loud ovation.  Drill ended with Rodgers hitting Adams on double-move.  Hodkiewicz

TE Lance Kendricks with a drop in Move the Ball. It’s still an issue for him.  Silverstein

Good coverage by Josh Jones on Marcedes Lewis over the middle. Lewis wanted a flag but Jones did a good job just not giving up position while Lewis tried to cross through him.  Nagler

MVS just dropped a TD from Aaron Rodgers in red zone. That was his knock entering draft.  Wood

CB Davon House has looked pretty good in camp, consistently repoing with first-team defense. He just intercepted an Aaron Rodgers pass to the flat.  Wood

CB Davon House jumps a Rodgers pass in the flat and grabs what would have been a 98-yard TD.  Silverstein

Five two-point plays.  Defense stops four. Huber

Brice stops Kendricks on a two-point catch.  Huber

In red zone Valdez-Scantling gets open on post then drops perfect throw from Rodgers. Few plays later good pitch and catch with Kizer, who zipped him a 5-yard TD. Typical of the rookie’s camp.  Douherty

No. 1 defense gets the stop in two minute. Drive stalls at the 12. Three (or 4) straight passes through back of end zone to end the drill.  Hodkiewicz

Really nice pop pass over the middle off play action from Hundley to Valdes-Scantling. Good read of the pressure by the rookie WR and being ready for the ball.  Nagler

Tonyan having a nice day. Went up for catch in end zone earlier (over Pipkens) and now Rodgers finds him in space against No. 1 defense. Hodkiewicz

Boyle should send Tonyan a gift basket for turning what should have been a bad pick into a touchdown when he skied over Pipkins in the corner of the endzone.  Nagler Same play as above

TE Tonyan for big play on busted coverage by No. 1 D.  Dougherty

EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN with the nice adjustment on this TD catch.  PirateLife Football

After what looked like a blown protection, Rodgers fires the ball into the ground and practice ends.  Huber

Instead working 1s v 1s and 2s v 2s, etc., all practice, lot of snaps for Rodgers against No. 1 D.  Dougherty

Special Teams

None.

OL/DL:

Mbu deflects a ball at line of scrimmage.  Hodkiewicz

Looney beat Lucas Patrick twice and Kofi Amichia once.  Wood

Good battles between Dean Lowry and Justin McCray, and Corey Linsley and Kenny Clark.  Hodkiewicz

Marcedes Lewis vs Kyler Fackrell is this year's best comedy. It looked like a Dad holding off his kid in a pickup game at a family picnic.  Nagler

We had a double-team block in Family Night and I literally just took a step and he just threw a guy right across my face. I didn’t have to do too much work." Byron Bell on Marcedes Lewis.  Herman

Rodgers says with the changes to the offensive playbook & scheme, Corey Linsley has a lot more responsibility in protection calls and adjustments at the line of scrimmage. Says Linsley is having a great camp. Nagler  

Filed Under:[URL=/blog/category/cheesehead-tv/packers-news" typeof="skos:Concept" property="rdfs:label skos:prefLabel" datatype="]Packers News[/URL][URL=/blog/category/featured" typeof="skos:Concept" property="rdfs:label skos:prefLabel" datatype="]Featured[/URL]NFL Categories:[URL=/taxonomy/term/12336" typeof="skos:Concept" property="rdfs:label skos:prefLabel" datatype="]Green Bay Packers[/URL]Tags:[URL=/tag/packers" typeof="skos:Concept" property="rdfs:label skos:prefLabel" datatype="]packers[/URL][URL=/tag/practice" typeof="skos:Concept" property="rdfs:label skos:prefLabel" datatype="]practice[/URL][URL=/tag/training-camp" typeof="skos:Concept" property="rdfs:label skos:prefLabel" datatype="]Training Camp[/URL]

Like Like

0 points

[/URL]

Continue Reading @ [url=http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/CheeseheadTv/~3/YM83l_GoxnQ/practice-round-up-day-10-august-7-2018-222]CheeseheadTV 

CheeseheadTV wrote:

If you read all the way down there is some fun things about marcedes Lewis
gbguy20
  • gbguy20
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
5 years ago
Sorry didn't see other thread on this
beast
5 years ago

If you read all the way down there is some fun things about marcedes Lewis

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

😂 Yeah that was the best, I can almost picture it. Lewis sounds like a beast in the run blocking game (pun of my username wasn't meant).

Lots of talk about G-Mo (Allison) and Kumerow and how they could be #3 and #4 WRs going into the season. And I liked reading about Looney beating some of the better back-up OGs that the Packers have.

Also the Link  wasn't working for me at the top so I made this Link .
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (15h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (15h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (17h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (18h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (21h) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (22h) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
30m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.