Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stevegb  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2018 8:59:00 PM(UTC)
Rodgers is high as a kite in that post game interview, I would not be surprised if there is some sort of tear in his knee.
rabidgopher04  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2018 9:31:18 PM(UTC)
LCL sprain if I had to guess.
Cheesey  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2018 11:26:17 PM(UTC)
I hope he’s not hurt bad. Without him, our season is done.
I don’t understand why, before he was hurt, why didn’t the Packers protect Rodgers with the kind of plays they had in the 2nd half? He was getting killed.
blueleopard  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 2:13:57 AM(UTC)
They probably were -- it's just that the interior was garbage, and the Bears will make most teams pay for that. Rodgers getting hurt would probably be enough of a jolt for the O-Line coach to get on their asses.
buckeyepackfan  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 2:41:56 AM(UTC)
The coaches and players talked all week about the "Unknown "

New coaches in Chicago.
Mack joining them at the last second.

Don't forget The Bears players get paid to win also.
Nowhere is it posted that a team must lye down and let The Packers win.

The Bears threw everything they had at The Packers that 1st half.

Think about it , Rosgers doesn't go down the score is probably 10-0 at the half.

I love this unprepared shit

The Packers had a game plan, as did The Bears.

Just so happened that The Bears game plan worked better early.

The Packers made the adjustments necessary in the 2nd half to slow down The Bears defense and shut down their offense

Over analysis during the game really ruins it for me.
Just let the game play out and enjoy it.

Packers are 1-0.

Time to move on to The Vikings.
DarkaneRules  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 4:16:45 AM(UTC)
If anything I'm more concerned about Clay. Even on two legs, he seems ineffective in every capacity. Tough to see. Was so happy to see offensive line start to settle in and play well. That's a key to the game and, while it took longer than it should have to come together, they did what they had to do to help us win this game.
Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 4:37:28 AM(UTC)
stevegb said: Go to Quoted Post
Rodgers is high as a kite in that post game interview, I would not be surprised if there is some sort of tear in his knee.

After the game Aaron Rodgers was saying "oh, i am playing next week" and then in the press conference he said more tests need to be done and the "plan is to play next week".

I was thinking, okay, so coaches want to try and get some kind of advantage with the Vikings not knowing if Aaron is going to play. Here's a newsflash, no one is worried about DeShonne Kizer so Vikings won't spend a blink looking at Kizer tape no matter what.

Then I started thinking, what injury would cause you to grab the back of your knee? That makes me think something was pulled or strained.

Then I think back to earlier in the night and Mike McCarthy is normally quite jovial after a win, especially a win like that and he was downright bitter and pissy. To be fair, he's been like that the last couple seasons so I could be reading into it too much. Anyhow, I was thinking maybe he's pissed off because sure they won the game, but he's gonna be without QB1 for 2-4 weeks while he recovers from a ligament sprain?

DarkaneRules  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 4:54:26 AM(UTC)
In my opinion, and some of y'all are already on this, the McCarthy mystique, or whatever you want to call it, is taking multiple hits now. He can't seem to manufacture things even with a "new" playbook and the return of Joe Philbin, and it took his hall of fame QB playing on one leg to bail him out. I have to think, at some point, your pride takes a little bit of a hit. You even see it with Coach Belichick.
Dulak  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 2:34:46 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan said: Go to Quoted Post
The coaches and players talked all week about the "Unknown "

New coaches in Chicago.
Mack joining them at the last second.

Don't forget The Bears players get paid to win also.
Nowhere is it posted that a team must lye down and let The Packers win.

The Bears threw everything they had at The Packers that 1st half.

Think about it , Rosgers doesn't go down the score is probably 10-0 at the half.

I love this unprepared shit

The Packers had a game plan, as did The Bears.

Just so happened that The Bears game plan worked better early.

The Packers made the adjustments necessary in the 2nd half to slow down The Bears defense and shut down their offense

Over analysis during the game really ruins it for me.
Just let the game play out and enjoy it.

Packers are 1-0.

Time to move on to The Vikings.

I'm actually quite surprised Mike McCarthy pulled off what he did. Ya the 1st 1/2 is the usual Mike McCarthy not being able to compensate or hold down the peddle with a lead.

But he made adjustments and ya they totally worked; didnt hear macks or hicks name called once. Im pretty surprised. I had to keep looking if they were playing.

I almost give Mike McCarthy as much credit as rodgers.

Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 3:29:56 AM(UTC)
Dulak said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm actually quite surprised Mike McCarthy pulled off what he did. Ya the 1st 1/2 is the usual Mike McCarthy not being able to compensate or hold down the peddle with a lead.

But he made adjustments and ya they totally worked; didnt hear macks or hicks name called once. Im pretty surprised. I had to keep looking if they were playing.

I almost give Mike McCarthy as much credit as rodgers.

Can't do that. Can't give coach credit, that's not what the cool kids are doing.
Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 12:59:26 PM(UTC)
Aaron Rodgers called his injury a "sprained knee." He said he didn't take any pain medications on Sunday night because he doesn't like them. "There was a lot of adrenaline," he said, "and (it's) pretty sore the last three days." He said he feels "a little better every day." He said he did not practice at all today and stayed at the stadium for treatment.

Smokey  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:07:09 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Aaron Rodgers called his injury a "sprained knee." He said he didn't take any pain medications on Sunday night because he doesn't like them. "There was a lot of adrenaline," he said, "and (it's) pretty sore the last three days." He said he feels "a little better every day." He said he did not practice at all today and stayed at the stadium for treatment.

The Packers (McCarthy/ Rodgers) once again present the public their version of the classic shell game. The hidden item is, will Rodgers play against the Vikings on Sunday? They keep the audience fascinated with their vague and incomplete picture of the true extent of the injury with their right hand as the left hand is busy getting Kizer prepared to start against the Vikings.

The trick is that Minnesota, not knowing the full truth, must prepare to face both QBs. They, like me, believe that they will face Kizer. However there is still a chance that Rodgers will start too. As a result, the Vikings are forced to play the shell game and the Packers (Kizer) benefit as the dealer in the game.

It does not ensure that a Kier lead Packer's gain a winning edge with this ploy, but they will need all the advantages they can muster before they compete with this good Vikings team this Sunday.

Shrug

earthquake  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 8:37:14 PM(UTC)
Theoretically the Packers could gain some sort of advantage if the Vikings commit any time to preparing for anyone but Rodgers. In reality, I don't think the Vikings would benefit much from preparing for Kizer, because he isn't the sort of QB you need to game plan for. It's not like the Packer's backup is a Foles or Fitzpatrick type, borderline starters in their own right. With the relatively limited practice time teams have these days, it would be asinine to put significant effort into accounting for Kizer.

If anything, to prep for Kizer the Vikings DBs will spend some extra time with the juggs machine to make sure they don't drop the easy interception(s) Kizer will inevitably throw if he starts. Maybe practice strip-sack and fumble recovery drills.
Smokey  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 11:03:36 PM(UTC)
Posting in this forum, unless your 100% Packer positive, is like trying to argue with a 5 year old child.

Johnny, your wrong about that.

Am not, you are.

No Johnny, you really are wrong.

Am not and you can't make me say so.

My point, I post what I believe is a serious, unbiased opinion/observation that is based upon the best facts that I read/observe. The Vikings may not need to spend practice time preparing for Kizer, but you can damn well bet they are watching film on him and listing his strengths as well as his weaknesses.

While Kizer will never be an Aaron Rodgers, pouring negativity on him because the best defensive player in the NFL (Mack) made him look bad is not fair, after all he did the same thing to Rodgers as well.

Success is not like instant pudding, it's more like an Electrician or a Plumber or a Carpenter that must work for a few years to gain the skills that will help them to succeed. Even many of the great QBs had rookie and sophomore seasons where they were picked a lot and ate a lot of dirt. Payton Manning, Drew Brees, and Ben Roethlisberger come to mind.

I am a Packer fan, but I've never allowed that loyalty to color my objectivity about the team. It is rare that I find another member with the same quality.
Bigbyfan  
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:25:10 AM(UTC)
Think you're being a little sensitive bud... Earthquake wasn't arguing with you. He was clearly just stating his point of view about the subject.
Smokey  
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:56:58 AM(UTC)
Bigbyfan said: Go to Quoted Post
Think you're being a little sensitive bud... Earthquake wasn't arguing with you. He was clearly just stating his point of view about the subject.

I clearly stated a rebuttal to his point of view. The rest is a general statement. If some of it hits home with even a few members, then I clearly stated my point of view.
gbguy20  
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 2:54:49 AM(UTC)
Making an Ass of yourself 101
nerdmann  
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 4:03:56 AM(UTC)
Smokey said: Go to Quoted Post
Posting in this forum, unless your 100% Packer positive, is like trying to argue with a 5 year old child.

Johnny, your wrong about that.

Am not, you are.

No Johnny, you really are wrong.

Am not and you can't make me say so.

My point, I post what I believe is a serious, unbiased opinion/observation that is based upon the best facts that I read/observe. The Vikings may not need to spend practice time preparing for Kizer, but you can damn well bet they are watching film on him and listing his strengths as well as his weaknesses.

While Kizer will never be an Aaron Rodgers, pouring negativity on him because the best defensive player in the NFL (Mack) made him look bad is not fair, after all he did the same thing to Rodgers as well.

Success is not like instant pudding, it's more like an Electrician or a Plumber or a Carpenter that must work for a few years to gain the skills that will help them to succeed. Even many of the great QBs had rookie and sophomore seasons where they were picked a lot and ate a lot of dirt. Payton Manning, Drew Brees, and Ben Roethlisberger come to mind.

I am a Packer fan, but I've never allowed that loyalty to color my objectivity about the team. It is rare that I find another member with the same quality.

Kizer moved the ball well, he just had a couple of "Blooper Reel" takes. Dude isn't gonna go sandlot on us. He just needs to work on his consistency.

Kizer stagnated in the end zone last year, but this year, he's got Graham and a bunch of other 6` 3" to 6` 6" guys as targets. We're gonna get Aaron Jones back too. This team hasn't hit its stride yet.
Cheesey  
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 7:36:49 AM(UTC)
Smokey said: Go to Quoted Post
I clearly stated a rebuttal to his point of view. The rest is a general statement. If some of it hits home with even a few members, then I clearly stated my point of view.

Is your “point of view” somehow more valid then earthquakes point of view?
Why do you have to belittle anyone that doesn’t nod their heads in agreement with every word out of your mouth?
Why you would attack people for having a difference of opinion is beyond me.
Hey....you got my thread about the “snooze game” removed, so you must have some kind of pull here.
I guess my long time here doesn’t matter.
They will probably remove this post of mine too.
After all, I disagreed with YOU.
Zero2Cool  
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 7:41:49 AM(UTC)
One of the things that's great about discussion boards is everyone gets to share their point of view and opinion. And we all can hold a value of worth to said point of view and opinion. The underlying non-negotiable approach is we must respect that the person next to us, person posting after us, etc ... have different opinions and different beliefs.

And my personal belief is Aaron Charles Rodgers is gonna show the Vikings what domination really is!!

GO PACK GO!!
Rss Feed