bboystyle
5 years ago

I NEVER thought I would say this......BRING BACK THE REPLACEMENT REFS!!!!!

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Sadly that doesnt fix this team. We should be 2-1 but are 1-1-1 and dont look any improved from prior years. 1 step forward 2 steps back with this team. Rodgers is not good with one leg and staying in the pocket while passing. There were several times he had the quick pass but instead held on for the big play and got sacked or threw it away. Rodgers and Mike McCarthy need to develop a true west coast offense because with his leg, he cant buy time and run around looking for a home run every passing down.
nerdmann
5 years ago

I was at this game, and I lost my voice on the roughing call against Clay.

Also on the AP “touchdown”. The side judge (this play happened right in front of where I was sitting) was clearly saying that he was down short of the goal line. Some random ref runs in there 20 seconds after the play is over and calls it a TD. When he sees the said random ref put his arms up for TD, the side judge literally made the expression that obviously meant “what are you talking about?”. Then I guess the replay didn’t show enough evidence.

I was at this game with a Redskins fan buddy of mine, and even he agreed that this game was terribly officiated.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

We could have overcome the Skins AND the officiating, which is why I am not bitching about it TOO much.

Illuminati rigging of games actually favors us in the long run, because we are a "storied" franchise that oozes with traditional wholesome values. Remember the SB? Big Ben had a sex scandal, that favored us heavily.

The bullshit QB protection rules also help us in the long run, because we have a top 5 all time QB.

I just dont like it, because its dishonest. Doesn't matter if it works FOR or AGAINST my team.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

I NEVER thought I would say this......BRING BACK THE REPLACEMENT REFS!!!!!

If I remember right, you are also the one who has a boner for Dom Capers, and won't even give the new guy a half season before over reacting. So, you wanting replacement refs, very believable.

The officials aren't the problem. It's the NFL and their rule book. I've hated it before and hate more now. And I don't use the word hate frequently.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago

If I remember right, you are also the one who has a boner for Dom Capers, and won't even give the new guy a half season before over reacting. So, you wanting replacement refs, very believable.

The officials aren't the problem. It's the NFL and their rule book. I've hated it before and hate more now. And I don't use the word hate frequently.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Wow Zero....I was trying to be funny. I don’t really want the fake refs back. Was just trying to make a point on how bad theses new rules are.
Wow. Guess I need to put the sarcasm alert from now on so you don’t lose what little mind you have left!😂
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

Wow Zero....I was trying to be funny. I don’t really want the fake refs back. Was just trying to make a point on how bad theses new rules are.
Wow. Guess I need to put the sarcasm alert from now on so you don’t lose what little mind you have left!😂

Sorry, Alan. Just exhausting reading all the deep end comments. It's been three games and people jumping ship. No one wins Super Bowl in September. Yet, we're ready to crown certain teams and ready to discard certain teams?

Patriots use first four games of season try different things out. I suspect more teams do same thing especially teams that don't play starters much during preseason.

In other words, we all need to calm our titties.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
It’s all good Kevin!
With me, you NEVER have to worry about me jumping ship. Remember, I was a loyal Packer fan through the 1970s and 1980s. If my fandom survived through that, it will survive through anything!
I get ticked off when I see lousy calls, or lousy play, but as long as I’m alive I will remain a Packer fan.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
5 years ago
Yes the dropped passes hurt the Packers vs the Redskins, but a larger issue needs to be addressed. The Packers began this season with a win, followed by a tie, and then a loss. GB appears to be progressing in the wrong direction. I would normally not allow this to bother me, but their next opponent just embarrassed what was generally considered to be one of the league's best teams.

UserPostedImage
bboystyle
5 years ago

Sorry, Alan. Just exhausting reading all the deep end comments. It's been three games and people jumping ship. No one wins Super Bowl in September. Yet, we're ready to crown certain teams and ready to discard certain teams?

Patriots use first four games of season try different things out. I suspect more teams do same thing especially teams that don't play starters much during preseason.

In other words, we all need to calm our titties.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

No one should crown any teams in september. With that said, how can any long term packers fan think this years team is any different then the crap we have seen since 2011? I mean defense still is crappy, Mike McCarthy doesnt utilize the run game properly, Mike McCarthy has ZERO game plan awareness or adjustments, Rodgers looks for a home run instead of taking what the D gives him, WRs still dropping easy balls, ect.

Its the same shit different year. Oh did i mention our LBs and pass rush still suck? Not to mention our safety spot as well now.

bboystyle
5 years ago
Btw, since when does criticizing the team for the same constant issues means your jumping ship? If anything, it shows your true fandom and youre not some blind homer who cheers just to cheer.

Can we make the playoffs? Sure, but does that even matter when our team looks like another one and done? Nope. Making the playoffs means more money for the BOD which in return means Mike McCarthy stays longer as well as the other jags of this staff.
Porforis
5 years ago

Btw, since when does criticizing the team for the same constant issues means your jumping ship? If anything, it shows your true fandom and youre not some blind homer who cheers just to cheer.

Can we make the playoffs? Sure, but does that even matter when our team looks like another one and done? Nope. Making the playoffs means more money for the BOD which in return means Mike McCarthy stays longer as well as the other jags of this staff.

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

While I 95% agree with you, I don't think getting into the playoffs with a 7-8-1 record just because the other divisional teams suck more would do a ton for McCarthy's job security. He'd probably not lose his job, but he'd be on his last legs. Then again I thought Capers had one last year to last and was wrong about that.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (12h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (13h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
18m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.