Zero2Cool
5 years ago

Your response looks like it got eaten. Unless you just quoted me for the sake of quoting me.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

Originally, my reply was something like 'fuck off'. I figure that's not the best way to handle someone misrepresenting and attacking you. So, I edited it out, saved it so I had time to actually respond properly.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
5 years ago

Originally, my reply was something like 'fuck off'. I figure that's not the best way to handle someone misrepresenting and attacking you. So, I edited it out, saved it so I had time to actually respond properly.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Fair enough. I just edited my previous post with a response to your edited post. As I said there too, I'm not trying to be a dick and I'm sorry if I put words in your mouth or assumed things. I can definitely be abrasive at times, and that's my deal.
Zero2Cool
5 years ago
Actually, what I said verbatim is "Aaron needs to be a better leader. Players are playing too tight and that's on him. WR need to earn his trust. WR get shit reactions from him."

I think you're taking things way too personally here. If I fucked up and assume things, it's because I fucked up and assumed things, not because I think you're a jerk or I'm trying to be a jerk or anything to do with you.

You said, verbatim:

If what you meant by that was not "Aaron locks in on guys that he trusts, and this is a thing that not literally every other quarterback does" and/or "You get ignored until you earn Aaron's trust", then please explain what you meant. I'm sorry if I was assuming things here, but it is an extremely, extremely common narrative by about a dozen people on this forum, in the media, and widespread among the fanbase that Aaron forces the balls to his favorite players and ignores people that are wide open until he "builds trust with that receiver". If I inaccurately pinned these views on you, that's my bad. But it's really hard to tell exactly what you meant from six words of explanation. And I'd like to know what you meant.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

I do not think Aaron Rodgers is (my god I wish we had a podcast for this crap) forcing the ball to his favorites.

I do think Aaron Rodgers makes his WR feel they need to earn his trust to get more snaps and ultimately more looks. Consequently, this makes them play tight and in fear of losing said trust.

I do think the fact (I'm going to say fact because Aaron has said it and WR's say it all the time) that Aaron requires WR to earn his trust adds unneeded pressure to the WR that is counter productive.

I do think Aaron could be a better leader. Some players like to be ripped into, some players don't. But when I see a WR fail to toe tap and I see the reaction from the QB like the one he did. It pisses me off because I know that it is wrong. If it was Davante Adams, sure, give him that disappointed look like he fucked up. A young guy though, no, you get up in his face, smile and say 'hey we will get it next time, keep alert I am still looking for you'. Something like that. That to me is GOOD leadership that lets players know their QB has their back and that there makes you work harder.

I do think Aaron misses (maybe misses is the wrong word) open guys because they are too easy and he wants a challenging throw. That's being crude about it. I do believe his ego warrants his name on SportsCenter type shows and being talked about with amazing throws. Do I feel he's going OMG 88 is open on 3rd down with an easy first down, screw it, I want ESPN baby I'm going deep!! No, I do not think those thoughts are racing through his mind. I do think his EGO makes that decision for him.

I probably made things more confusing than they are. Just understand when I fault a QB on missing a target, its done so with a billion factors that come to mind. Especially a QB who demands (speculation on my end) his WR earn his trust and then is having several bad misses a game? And gives other WR shitty looks for a mistake? How many times have we seen Aaron make a bad throw and then point to himself saying "that's on me, my bad" or anything like that? It's as if he's without flaw. I dunno. But I do know I don't think he's locking onto a guy because of trust. I think the whole trust thing is a leadership problem, not a targeting problem.

I still love ya Craig. We good.
UserPostedImage
sschind
5 years ago

Don't wanna sound like I'm attacking either of you, because I definitely respect both Zero and Nerd, but people really gotta stop overreacting this early in the season...

Do the Packers look great right now? No. However, you can make an argument that every game they've lost or tied is the Packers fault, not the other team totally over matching them.

Tie against the Vikings - Obviously the bullshit roughing the passer call cost the game, yet they still had an opportunity to win at the end with a missed field goal at the end of regulation... Packers should've won

Loss against the Redskins - Randall Cobb single handedly ended four drives. Dropped pass on third down, dropped pass on 4th down, ran the wrong route on third down, and lost a fumble... Packers should've won

Loss against the Lions - Obviously Mason Crosby's 4 missed field goals and 1 missed extra point. Add in two Rodgers fumbles and a bullshit punt call that gave the Lions three short fields to score... Packers could've won.

Are the Packers as good as I hoped? No. However, they're nowhere as bad as people are making them out to be... The Packers have the talent to be a contender, it's just a lack of execution that lost us these games.

The fact that it's the Packers miscues that are costing us games should be at least a little encouraging. (Yes I'm a glass half full fan) Only because not one team has legitimately outplayed the Packers this year. That should at least give us fans some hope that we have not seen the best that the Packers have to offer yet...

I'm not gonna jump off the bandwagon just yet... I still have hope... It hasn't even been half the season yet

Originally Posted by: Bigbyfan 

Yup, Just like every loss. The Packers shooting themselves in the foot against some high school level competition. The other team never beats us we always beat ourselves. We really are a great team...no really...we are. šŸ™„
sschind
5 years ago

For me, there also is the fact that Rodgers just signed a huge contract extension. I am not really happy that management did that without seeing how he was able to play after the collar bone injury. Dude immediately almost gets another season ending injury with his knee. Some people say that the team has only Aaron and then a bunch of journeymen. I don't really agree with that but, if that is the case, it is a shitty self fulfilling prophecy that the new GM (and Aaron) should be partially blamed for. Also, screw TT.

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

I understand why people wanted to see how the collarbone healed before the big contract but the knee injury has nothing to do with either (the collarbone or the contract)

I just listened to the entire song three time and I didn't hear the line about the kneebone being connected to the collarbone. šŸ˜ šŸ˜

OK, I didn't listen to the song but I didn't have to. I am 100% certain that the kneebone is not connected to the collarbone. I don't remember much from my college days but a few thing from my anatomy classes stuck with me.

Sorry, not trying to be a jerk. Just making a little joke. Like I said I understand the collarbone/contract issue and while I wasn't concerned myself I can see where some people might be.
sschind
5 years ago

I do not think Aaron Rodgers is (my god I wish we had a podcast for this crap) forcing the ball to his favorites.

I do think Aaron Rodgers makes his WR feel they need to earn his trust to get more snaps and ultimately more looks. Consequently, this makes them play tight and in fear of losing said trust.

I do think the fact (I'm going to say fact because Aaron has said it and WR's say it all the time) that Aaron requires WR to earn his trust adds unneeded pressure to the WR that is counter productive.

I do think Aaron could be a better leader. Some players like to be ripped into, some players don't. But when I see a WR fail to toe tap and I see the reaction from the QB like the one he did. It pisses me off because I know that it is wrong. If it was Davante Adams, sure, give him that disappointed look like he fucked up. A young guy though, no, you get up in his face, smile and say 'hey we will get it next time, keep alert I am still looking for you'. Something like that. That to me is GOOD leadership that lets players know their QB has their back and that there makes you work harder.

I do think Aaron misses (maybe misses is the wrong word) open guys because they are too easy and he wants a challenging throw. That's being crude about it. I do believe his ego warrants his name on SportsCenter type shows and being talked about with amazing throws. Do I feel he's going OMG 88 is open on 3rd down with an easy first down, screw it, I want ESPN baby I'm going deep!! No, I do not think those thoughts are racing through his mind. I do think his EGO makes that decision for him.

I probably made things more confusing than they are. Just understand when I fault a QB on missing a target, its done so with a billion factors that come to mind. Especially a QB who demands (speculation on my end) his WR earn his trust and then is having several bad misses a game? And gives other WR shitty looks for a mistake? How many times have we seen Aaron make a bad throw and then point to himself saying "that's on me, my bad" or anything like that? It's as if he's without flaw. I dunno. But I do know I don't think he's locking onto a guy because of trust. I think the whole trust thing is a leadership problem, not a targeting problem.

I still love ya Craig. We good.

I was going to ask how Aaron Rodgers causes other players to play tight (one of your earlier posts) but you did explain it and I see it now.

As far as the first bold paragraph above I agree for the most part. As the saying goes you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar and I am a big advocate of positive reinforcement. The problem is that with someone like Rodgers I don't know if he has it in him. Its just the way he is and I don't see him changing any time soon. On the bright side, as was said, I do think the whole "if you don't catch it I won't throw to you any more" thing is a bit overblown.

The second bold paragraph all I can say is God I hope not. That would pretty much be the definition of selfishness. Passing up what is good for the team for personal glory. No matter if he is making the decision himself or his ego is making it for him is a huge flaw and certainly helps make your point that he needs to be a better leader.

How many times have we seen Aaron make a bad throw and then point to himself saying "that's on me, my bad" or anything like that?

Neil O'Donnell was a consultant on "the longest yard" (The Sandler remake, not the good one) and after Sandler threw a bad pass he said exactly what you just said and O'donnell said something to the effect of "you are the leader, you never take the blame" I'd kinda like to see it every now and then though. To be fair Rodgers has on occasion included himself when dressing down the team in press conferences and interviews.
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

Neil O'Donnell was a consultant on "the longest yard" (The Sandler remake, not the good one) and after Sandler threw a bad pass he said exactly what you just said and O'donnell said something to the effect of "you are the leader, you never take the blame" I'd kinda like to see it every now and then though. To be fair Rodgers has on occasion included himself when dressing down the team in press conferences and interviews.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

The leader should always pass the credit and take the blame. That's ... that's just ... asinine, sorry, that's not good leadership advice at all. Humility is absolutely a good character trait and people respond to it positively.

Yes, Aaron Rodgers occasionally includes himself, just like ketchup is included on a hamburger. I'm probably harder on Aaron because I know how smart he is and I know he's aware of the media and how well things are covered. He damn well knows if he repeatedly says that was my fault, that was on me, etc ... that the media will come to his defense.

You're right, Aaron will not change. Not because he's stubborn or doesn't see possible improvement, but more so because he believes he is a good leader. I feel the same way, just feel he could smooth over some rough edges that would take little effort and have great positive impact.

I don't want to Aaron to change everything. I would just like more humility and to loosen up a little. Again, just my opinion, I don't have any film to support this, its just my thoughts based on obsessively reading his comments, listening to his radio interviews, articles, watching conferences and what have you.
UserPostedImage
sschind
5 years ago

The leader should always pass the credit and take the blame. That's ... that's just ... asinine, sorry, that's not good leadership advice at all. Humility is absolutely a good character trait and people respond to it positively.

Yes, Aaron Rodgers occasionally includes himself, just like ketchup is included on a hamburger. I'm probably harder on Aaron because I know how smart he is and I know he's aware of the media and how well things are covered. He damn well knows if he repeatedly says that was my fault, that was on me, etc ... that the media will come to his defense.

You're right, Aaron will not change. Not because he's stubborn or doesn't see possible improvement, but more so because he believes he is a good leader. I feel the same way, just feel he could smooth over some rough edges that would take little effort and have great positive impact.

I don't want to Aaron to change everything. I would just like more humility and to loosen up a little. Again, just my opinion, I don't have any film to support this, its just my thoughts based on obsessively reading his comments, listening to his radio interviews, articles, watching conferences and what have you.

Agree on all points. I should have pointed out that I always thought Neil O'Donnell was kind of an ass.

dyeah_gb
5 years ago

I understand why people wanted to see how the collarbone healed before the big contract but the knee injury has nothing to do with either (the collarbone or the contract)

I just listened to the entire song three time and I didn't hear the line about the kneebone being connected to the collarbone. šŸ˜ šŸ˜

OK, I didn't listen to the song but I didn't have to. I am 100% certain that the kneebone is not connected to the collarbone. I don't remember much from my college days but a few thing from my anatomy classes stuck with me.

Sorry, not trying to be a jerk. Just making a little joke. Like I said I understand the collarbone/contract issue and while I wasn't concerned myself I can see where some people might be.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I just listened to the song. "The collarbone is connected to the brain bone and the brain bone is connected to the knee bone. The stat whore holds on to the ball too long and misses the easy first down so the knee bone is connected to the collarbone. Let's call the whole thing off" šŸ™‚
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
sschind
5 years ago

I just listened to the song. "The collarbone is connected to the brain bone and the brain bone is connected to the knee bone. The stat whore holds on to the ball too long and misses the easy first down so the knee bone is connected to the collarbone. Let's call the whole thing off" :)

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

That might explain all the knee jerk reactions on the forums and the game chats.

Fan Shout
dhazer (17m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? šŸ„ŗ I think that means you missed more than half of them šŸ˜¢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead šŸ¤Ŗ
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.