nerdmann
5 years ago

The Packers’ top two options at right tackle both left practice with injuries on Friday. There’s good news and bad news for the Green Bay Packers  on Friday’s injury report as they prepare for a game against the San Francisco 49ers . On the positive front, the team had every member of the 53-man roster practice at least on a limited basis. That includes the two players who were non-participants in Thursday’s practice: tight end Jimmy Graham  and quarterback Aaron Rodgers .
However, the team saw a pair of players drop out of practice, a starter and backup at the same position: right tackle. The two are Bryan Bulaga , who was listed with a knee injury, and Jason Spriggs , who was reportedly carted off the field . Bulaga was not present during the portion of the practice where Packers media members were in attendance, but his listing as limited suggests that he started practice and was injured prior to the media portion.
Meanwhile, Spriggs’ injury is listed as an ankle. After practice offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said that it was “too early” to know the extent of either injury , but if neither player can suit up on Monday, that would put the Packers in a serious bind. In that case, Byron Bell would likely move out from right guard to right tackle, with Justin McCray — who was upgraded from limited on Thursday to full participation today — likely slotting back into the lineup at guard.
Keep a close eye on Saturday’s injury report for more updates on the Packers’ injured tackles.

Packers Friday Practice Report
Did Not Participate
None
Limited Participation

CB Jaire Alexander  (groin)
WR Geronimo Allison  (hamstring)
CB Bashaud Breeland  (hamstring)
S Kentrell Brice  (ankle)
OT Bryan Bulaga  (knee)
WR Randall Cobb  (hamstring)
OLB Nick Perry  (ankle)
OT Jason Spriggs  (ankle)
S Jermaine Whitehead  (back)

Full Participation

TE Jimmy Graham  (knee)
CB Kevin King  (chin)
G Justin McCray  (shoulder)
QB Aaron Rodgers  (knee)

[/URL]      

Continue Reading @ [url=https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2018/10/12/17971206/packers-49ers-friday-injury-report-ots-spriggs-bulaga-drop-out-listed-as-limited]Evan "Tex" Western 

Evan "Tex" Western wrote:

I mean, really?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
gbguy20
5 years ago
Come the fuck on breeland
DoddPower
5 years ago
Sounds serious for Spriggs.
TheKanataThrilla
5 years ago
Was going to suggest Ereck Flowers as a signing, but it appears he signed this afternoon with the Jags.
Cheesey
5 years ago
Gee....just what we need. More injuries which will give Aaron Rodgers even less protection.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago

Sounds serious for Spriggs.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

He already had an ankle, iirc. Pfobly just trying to push him back too soon. Hope he didn't re injure it.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago
Ereck Flowers is probably the last thing the Packers would have needed right now:

Flowers was cut by the New York Giants on Tuesday after four disappointing seasons. The 2015 No. 9 overall selection out of Miami was a turnstile for Big Blue in 48 career starts. Since entering the league, Flowers has allowed 180 total QB pressures, by far the most in the NFL over that span, per Pro Football Focus. After a move to right tackle this season, he was benched in favor of Chad Wheeler, then jettisoned.

Kevin Patra  wrote:

UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
5 years ago

Ereck Flowers is probably the last thing the Packers would have needed right now:

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

No doubt the guy was sucking ass in NY. That team is screaming dumpster fire at the moment. Maybe a change of scene and coaching philosophy helps him. Jags picked him up rather quick.

I would consider him over trying to have Bell at RT if neither Bulaga and Spriggs are available. There is not much in the way of linemen out there. If Spriggs goes to IR what do we do? Light? Bring in Jahri Evans and move McCray as the back-up RT?
hardrocker950
5 years ago

Gee....just what we need. More injuries which will give Aaron Rodgers even less protection.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Maybe he won't hold onto the ball for an eternity...
Fan Shout
dhazer (27m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.