Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 12:18:58 PM(UTC)
Mike won't do this, but it's something that needs to be done. He needs to sit Aaron's ass on the bench and play Kizer, as long as Kizer adheres to "the system."

I mean yeah, Aaron is a HoF'er for sure. But he's not currently playing like one. More importantly, he is putting HIMSELF before the team.

Maybe Aaron DOES know better than Mike what they should be doing. And heck, maybe Aaron WOULDN'T go sandlot and start heaving it deep all the time. MAYBE. But that is beside the point.

It is not Aaron's place to be undermining the HC. Aaron's place is to EXECUTE. When other players see Aaron bucking the system, they figure it is OK to buck the system. Yet Aaron talks about how he has to "trust" all these guys.

But it's not just a matter of hypocrisy. It is a matter of general principle. If the HC sucks, it is not Aaron's place to replace him. That is the GM's job. Aaron's job is to play football and exhibit leadership within the organization.

Unfortunately Mike doesn't seem willing to stand up to Aaron. That unwillingness might cost him his job here. Worse, if a new HC is hired, THAT person will then have to deal with Aaron. Dude's attitude needs to be addressed, sooner or later. Or he will continue to "do his own thing."

Fortunately in the past we've had a GM who was willing to stand up to his diva all star QB. Perhaps SOMEONE in the organization will again.
yooperfan  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 12:27:50 PM(UTC)
Too late, the Packers would look pretty silly benching the quarterback that they just handed the keys to Fort Knox two months ago.
They would be the laughing stock of the NFL.
They would be better off firing McCarthy right now today and hope McCarthy was the problem.
KRK  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 1:04:29 PM(UTC)
Seriously...Do you think 12 is the problem?

Here’s the problem...He has been operating at a stratospheric level for so long we have come to take it for granted.

He has covered up so many deficiencies on this roster for years that when he plays a less than spectacular those deficiencies are glaring

This roster needs a lot of work, but not at the quarterback position.
nerdmann  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 4:41:30 PM(UTC)
KRK said: Go to Quoted Post
Seriously...Do you think 12 is the problem?

Here’s the problem...He has been operating at a stratospheric level for so long we have come to take it for granted.

He has covered up so many deficiencies on this roster for years that when he plays a less than spectacular those deficiencies are glaring

This roster needs a lot of work, but not at the quarterback position.

He is A problem.

Another problem is, everyone thinks he is a great golden god and that he can do no wrong. Including Aaron himself.
KRK  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 5:30:48 PM(UTC)
Nerd, You have some of the most intelligent well thought out posts on the site, but you’re just wrong on this one. It is not a binary choice...have 12 be spectacular or sit him. He is a human. He is not perfect.

Can he play better, yes, should he be playing better, certainly. But In regard to the team, his contribution to the overall level of problems is relatively low.

If you want to sit him and tank the season, but certainly an option...But if we come back to reality it’s not going to happen.
Nonstopdrivel  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 5:57:54 PM(UTC)
I was lying in bed last night thinking about this. My take is that if the Packers fall another two games out of the lead in the NFC North, their season will effectively be over and they should bench Rodgers at that point. Not to send a message or bring him to heel, but to let him get fully healthy for next season, when this roster will presumably be revamped. The man is clearly not operating at full strength, and all the hits he's taking (23 sacks so far this season!) are only slowing down his healing process. I don't see what there is to be gained from letting him take a beating that might reduce his effectiveness in future years. Let DeShone Kizer take his lumps and hone his skills in real-game action. That will give the front office a better feel for what they have in their backup quarterback . . . and it might even improve Green Bay's chances of sneaking into the top ten in next year's draft.

Now if both the Vikings and Bears collapse over the next few weeks and the Packers somehow pull it together, all bets are off and you keep Rodgers in there, obviously.
beast  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 6:23:54 PM(UTC)
The problem is this system favors the team with the better depth and right now the Packers WRs depth is shity!
Mike McCarthy refuses to make adjustments to the scheme (I can't figure out why)...

But the Packers have Adams and since they cut Nelson lack a #2 WR! .... I mean give credit to MVS for fighting but their WR depth sucks!

If Kumerow gas talent, they needed him back last week, but they don't seem interested in bringing him back yet. And if Kumerow shows anything, I'm going to start thinking the Packers don't know what they're doing at WR, because they cut Nelson, kept Cobb and didn't bring Kumerow back as soon as possible.
nerdmann  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 6:30:30 PM(UTC)
KRK said: Go to Quoted Post
Nerd, You have some of the most intelligent well thought out posts on the site, but you’re just wrong on this one. It is not a binary choice...have 12 be spectacular or sit him. He is a human. He is not perfect.

Can he play better, yes, should he be playing better, certainly. But In regard to the team, his contribution to the overall level of problems is relatively low.

If you want to sit him and tank the season, but certainly an option...But if we come back to reality it’s not going to happen.

Thanks.

Check this out. We are 3-4-1 WITH AARON RODGERS. Know what I'm saying? Aaron is on pace to go 6-8-2. Is THAT what you want to risk?

FACT. This team has been preaching ACCOUNTABILITY. How does it make them look if they are not holding their star QB accountable? He is openly defying the HC and OC, and dragging this team down into the shitter in the process.

Hell, even if he was lighting it up, I would sit him down just out of general principle. There is a chain of command. Aaron Rodgers is NOT the GM. Aaron Rodgers is NOT the OC. He is also NOT the HC. Dude needs to accept his place. It also would not hurt him to shut his pie hole and focus on his own level of play.
beast  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 6:50:43 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
He is openly defying the HC and OC, and dragging this team down into the shitter in the process.

How he defying them? When has the HC ever held his own offense up to the standards?

The HC seems to be too busy bitching about the defense to notice he offense is a bigger pile of shit which is why he has failed to realize some adjustments are clearly needed...
go.pack.go.  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:23:32 PM(UTC)
Maybe some have forgotten, but Aaron has been playing on 1 leg all year. Behind an OLine that sometimes can’t block a man in a wheelchair. And with rookie receivers that, prior to this year, he has no experience with.

On top of that, the refs caused us to tie against Minnesota. And two fumbles the last two weeks have effectively eliminated us from games that we very well could’ve won, against two of the best teams in the NFL. So there are 3 games right there that could’ve easily been 3 W’s, which would put us at 6-2.

Aaron isn’t the problem. Without Aaron, we would probably be 1-7 right now, maybe 0-8.

And I also have not seen him “open his pie hole” and make unnecessary comments. He’s taken the blame as much or more than he’s put the blame on someone else. This has been pure speculation and “reports” that you’re speaking of.
nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:45:06 PM(UTC)
beast said: Go to Quoted Post
How he defying them? When has the HC ever held his own offense up to the standards?

The HC seems to be too busy bitching about the defense to notice he offense is a bigger pile of shit which is why he has failed to realize some adjustments are clearly needed...

I've been criticizing Mike longer than anyone. But the fact is, Aaron is not Mike's boss.

WHEN, not if, the new HC comes in next year, do you want that HC or OC to have to answer to Aaron? That sends a message to the rest of the team that insubordination is OK.

Aaron needs to play within the system, get the ball out. Hit the open guy. That's his job. Move the chains, dude.

Maybe our Oline would be a little healthier if they weren't having to run around in all that chaos for as n extra 5 seconds per play.
Porforis  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 9:14:41 PM(UTC)
Thanks.

Check this out. We are 3-4-1 WITH AARON RODGERS. Know what I'm saying? Aaron is on pace to go 6-8-2. Is THAT what you want to risk?

FACT. This team has been preaching ACCOUNTABILITY. How does it make them look if they are not holding their star QB accountable? He is openly defying the HC and OC, and dragging this team down into the shitter in the process.

Hell, even if he was lighting it up, I would sit him down just out of general principle. There is a chain of command. Aaron Rodgers is NOT the GM. Aaron Rodgers is NOT the OC. He is also NOT the HC. Dude needs to accept his place. It also would not hurt him to shut his pie hole and focus on his own level of play.

In that case we should bench literally everyone.

For whatever reason you have this idea in your head that everyone thinks that Aaron Rodgers is perfect and any offensive issues are 0% his fault. This is completely untrue and I would challenge you to point out a single person that doesn't criticize AR.

People saying that Mike McCarthy needs to go because of offensive issues aren't saying that Aaron Rodgers holds none of the blame

People getting pissed at Montgomery aren't saying that Rodgers holds no blame for the loss as if he was playing at a high level we would have been up enough that it wouldn't have been an issue.

You have this idea in your head and literally any positive comment about Rodgers is interpreted as hero worship and any negative comment about McCarthy, WRs, TEs, RBs, or the line is seen as trying to blame anyone but Rodgers.

I'm not saying that benching Rodgers is ludicrous. I'm saying that this idea that fans, especially on this site where we generally avoid being hysterical and complete and utter homers, blindly treat Rodgers like some sort of god is somewhere between completely incorrect and utterly offensive.
Nonstopdrivel  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 10:16:58 PM(UTC)
Porforis said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm saying that this idea that fans, especially on this site where we generally avoid being hysterical and complete and utter homers, blindly treat Rodgers like some sort of god is somewhere between completely incorrect and utterly offensive.

This statement practically gave me a boner. I couldn't have said it any better myself.

That being said, this site used to be oppressively homerish. Even the slightest criticism of the team was met with howls of protest. That was a big reason why I left for awhile. Things are a lot better now, partly because the most egregious homers have moved on, partly because Aaron Rodgers has never been been the object of blind worship that Brett Favre was.
Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 11:38:12 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel said: Go to Quoted Post
This statement practically gave me a boner. I couldn't have said it any better myself.

That being said, this site used to be oppressively homerish. Even the slightest criticism of the team was met with howls of protest. That was a big reason why I left for awhile. Things are a lot better now, partly because the most egregious homers have moved on, partly because Aaron Rodgers has never been been the object of blind worship that Brett Favre was.

Must be referring to a time before I was here.
bboystyle  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 10:03:25 AM(UTC)
The whole team is not good atm including rodgers. I dont think benching him will change that and im 100% sure kizer wont make this team better as well.
yooperfan  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 10:41:06 AM(UTC)
The only good thing that could come from benching Rodgers in favor of Kizer would be that we would improve our draft position.
If that was done the Green Bay Packers would be the laughing stock of the NFL.
Don't bench Rodgers, fire McCarthy now and see what can happen in the bottom end of the season.
As it stands,Rodgers,McCarthy and our offense is a hot mess right now.
As it stands Rodgers is on track to have his lowest competition percentage rating since 2008.
I think it's time to fire the play caller now and see how the balance of the season shakes out.
As things stand the Green Bay Packers aren't going anywhere anyway.
Nonstopdrivel  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 10:55:29 AM(UTC)
bboystyle said: Go to Quoted Post
im 100% sure kizer wont make this team better as well.

Who said it would? I specifically said it would help the Packers get a feel for what they have in Kizer, not that it would make the product on the field better. I don't think anyone on the face of this planet thinks Kizer would make this team better. But improving the offense's production in the short term by keeping Rodgers in harm's way this year represents a pyrrhic victory if it means he is still hobbled going into next year.
Porforis  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 11:09:41 AM(UTC)
I think Nerd's point wasn't so much that Kizer should start because he'll play better, but because Nerd's of the opinion that Aaron is willfully not executing the offense because of his ego and therefore he needs to be sat down and brought back into line. Thus starting Kizer in his place. And by Aaron learning to execute the offense, it will help the team in the long run.

I don't agree with this assessment of Rodgers - I mean yes, he has an ego and on occasion it gets him into trouble but I don't think it's remotely close to this severe. But if this were the case, I would agree that his ass should ride the bench.
Yerko  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 11:38:23 AM(UTC)
They should let him sit and rest. He probably has severe back issues with how many times he has to carry this team and the awful HC....

Jokes aside, yes...Rodgers has been somewhat underwhelming this season. Missing throws he used to make with his eyes closed, throwing the ball away constantly and throwing the ball at the ground. I just don't understand the concept of sitting your best player though. He has held himself accountable after this last game and called out his own mistakes, basically putting the entire loss to New England on his own play. I am confused as to where we get this idea that he is sitting here pointing fingers at everyone but himself. Is there evidence of this?

The entire offensive unit is under-performing. This includes the head of it all, Mike McCarthy. His playbook is dry and predictable. Remember when he brought Philbin back and said they were cleaning up the playbook? I remember. Yet, they run the same bs that they did last year. It is legit the same exact playbook...
The team refuses to use the weapons they have properly. It doesn't help that our offensive line play, particularly the guards, have been playing absolutely awful football. Listen to BB mic'd up on the sidelines! They were targeting the guards the entire game.

Does Rodgers deserve blame? Absolutely. But you're not going to convince me to bench our best player when the division is still up in the air.
beast  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2018 12:22:38 PM(UTC)
I've been criticizing Mike longer than anyone. But the fact is, Aaron is not Mike's boss.

WHEN, not if, the new HC comes in next year, do you want that HC or OC to have to answer to Aaron? That sends a message to the rest of the team that insubordination is OK.

Aaron needs to play within the system, get the ball out. Hit the open guy. That's his job. Move the chains, dude.

Maybe our Oline would be a little healthier if they weren't having to run around in all that chaos for as n extra 5 seconds per play.

All that is great... but you completely and totally avoided my questions....

You claim Rodgers is openly defying the coaches....

I asked for your proof... and all you got is that he doesn't play within the system... which is absolutely nothing as far as proof of openly defying....

Do we even have the basic open proof of Mike McCarthy asking Rodgers to do what you want? I don't think we do...

So this is Rodgers openly defying YOU... not the coaches... UNLESS... are you one of the Packers coaches?
Rss Feed