Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
I disagree with the blowhards advocating the firing of Mike McCarthy. Everyone's always ready to can the coach when there's a bad season. But the coaches who get a few years without constantly looking over their shoulder (Cowher, Fisher) usually end up having success.

Bringing in a new coach next year wouldn't guarantee a winning season any more than blowing a wad on a bunch of high-profile free agents.
UserPostedImage
mxchamp004
15 years ago

So many idiots in this thread.

Thanks for the laugh though.

BTW about the punt block attempt, Panthers have had a lot of punts blocked this year, but who cares about facts. Stupid McCarthy!

LOL

I love you guys.

"djcubez" wrote:

Thread idiot count + 1. LOL.

Seriously though, firing McCarthy. Dumbest thing I've heard of. He's done well, he's just stubborn working with a young QB. Let this team mature a little bit.

"tromadz" wrote:

If you think i say we should fire Mike McCarthy your wrong! im just pointing out the stupid calls that were made this game..mccarthy has been a good coach.
UserPostedImage
blueleopard
15 years ago
Even with the crappy calls that were made, it's not like Aaron Rodgers doesn't have the ability to call audibles. Brett did it all the time just by giving Jennings and Driver certain signals, and they took advantage of every opportunity.

But this really isn't about McCarthy. It's about the defense forgetting they had a game to play. Whenever the defense gets a breather it's like they forget all their assignments. That was blown coverage by Woodson, but Delhomme still had time to throw. We provide no pass rush at all, and that's what'll make everything backfire.

The Special Teams was beyond atrocious as well. Look at all of our losses. The main reason we lose all those games is because opposing teams always start near mid-field. There's like no reason to even kick the ball off anymore.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Cheesey
15 years ago
Yup Blue.......might as well just kick it out of bounds and give them the ball at the 40! Our ST's can't stop anyone. They have cost this team WAY too much this season.
I KNEW when we only got a FG at the end that we were in trouble.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
15 years ago

AADP: I was going by my gut feeling...right when we decided to kick he fg i turned to my dad and told him we were going to lose this game....my gut is pretty smart lol

"mxchamp004" wrote:

mxc, I'd by lying if I said I didn't have the same feeling as you. It's seemed to happen too many times this year to not happen again in yet another close game.

Honestly, I wanted McCarthy to go for it. I was hoping that he'd just have A-Rod plunge it in, half yard out it should have been simple for Rodgers.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
millertime
15 years ago

I do agree that the call to rush 11 on the punt was an awful, awful decision. Will Blackmon is a dangerous returner, and they didn't want to put it in his hands. I doubt he is going to take 13 seconds to return it that far.

I wonder if that call was on Stock or McCarthy...

"RaiderPride" wrote:

The Panthers have already had THREE Blocked punts this year. That was factored in on the decision to put 11 on the line.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

But how many punts have we blocked thi year? None if I recall correctly. But I know we have returned two punts for TDs so far. So if we are basing our playcalls on patterns during this season, we have to return the punt.

I know hindsight is always 20-20. If we blocked that punt, Mike McCarthy is a genius. I'm just really sick of seeing this team blow close games.
millertime
15 years ago

I was hoping that he'd just have A-Rod plunge it in, half yard out it should have been simple for Rodgers.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

I agree. That or a FB dive. Jackson's not a powerback and I think Mike McCarthy put him in a position to fail with those playcalls with back up linemen in.
GOPACKGO1225
15 years ago

Honestly, I wanted McCarthy to go for it. I was hoping that he'd just have A-Rod plunge it in, half yard out it should have been simple for Rodgers.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I knew that when that FG was kicked, the game was over.
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
It doesn't take 11 players to block a punt; at least give your team a CHANCE to return it. Hell, with 10 men on the line going after the punter, that would have left a ton of guys downfield to block. Special teams has run at least two punts back to the house this season. Surely it was worth a try.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago

My thoughts exactly. I knew that when that FG was kicked, the game was over.

"GOPACKGO1225" wrote:

I couldn't agree more. Say what you want about taking a prudent three points, as far as I'm concerned, by going for the field goal, McCarthy was conceding the game. He even sent Rodgers on the field to go for it -- he should have followed his gut!

In my experience, whenever I go against my gut, I always fail.
UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    dfosterf (31m) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
    dfosterf (1h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
    dfosterf (16h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
    dfosterf (16h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
    beast (17h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
    dfosterf (17h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
    Zero2Cool (18h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
    Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
    Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
    Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
    Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
    Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
    Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
    beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
    Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
    dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
    Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
    Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
    Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
    dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
    dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
    Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
    Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
    Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
    beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
    beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
    Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
    buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
    Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
    Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
    Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
    Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.