bboystyle
5 years ago
Dont care about class. Hes gone and hes a horrible coach. Dont need to reserve judgement about a guy that had a horrible track record before being hired. Hes had the luxury of having two back to back HoF qbs. We've all seen how he coaches when theres no elite qb to bail him out.

The only thx i can give is not a good one. Thanks for ruining a prime rodgers with ur stale horrible offense.

Dont let the door hit u on the way out!
Smokey
5 years ago
Thanks to M. McCarthy for the good victories and keeping GB a yearly continder. I could see his leaving ahead of this event, but would not have said he would be leaving prior to the end of the season. That said, IMO this could serve GB best as it will give the whole team a period to function without Mike McCarthy for 4 reg. season games. It may just highlight more clearly the direction that the team needs to go without the fear of reprisals. I still expect that GB will wash their dirty laundry in-house and not in public. The next few weeks may just be one of the best things that to happen for the Packers in decades.

Best of luck to Coach McCarthy, but it was time for a change in GB.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

Dont care about class. Hes gone and hes a horrible coach. Dont need to reserve judgement about a guy that had a horrible track record before being hired. Hes had the luxury of having two back to back HoF qbs. We've all seen how he coaches when theres no elite qb to bail him out.

The only thx i can give is not a good one. Thanks for ruining a prime rodgers with ur stale horrible offense.

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

The hell is wrong with you? You're the fan that gives the rest of us a shitty name. You come off like Aaron Rodgers was some elite QB in spite of Mike McCarthy. Wrong. The QB school (think before the CBA neutered the time previously afforded for such training) is what Aaron himself credits the most for improvement.

All Mike McCarthy did was take a Jeff Tedford product and turn him into someone who's likely going to be in the Hall of Fame. Took an aging Brett Favre who threw interceptions like Oprah gives away cars and turned him into a more precise decision maker. Led the Packers to 125 wins (125-77-2), 4 NFC Championships, 1 Super Bowl win and 9 playoff appearances with only 3 losing seasons out of 13.

Fans like this are what make others think instead of Titletown, we're Entitledtown.

It was absolutely time for a Head Coaching change, no one is going to dispute that, but to dispel such vile absurd nonsense? You are embarrassment to the Green Bay Packers fan base.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
5 years ago
I thank Mike McCarthy for all the good seasons he has given the Green Bay Packers.
I always felt that he was coaching with one arm tied behind his back due to the poor personnel decisions made by Ted Thompson.
musccy
5 years ago

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

You couldn't write your post in one of the myriad other fire McCarthy posts?

Jason Spriggs is an example of the "top talent" he was handed these past few years to try to craft into a winner. The way Aaron's accuracy has waned this year, I wonder if he'll even be able to hit Aaron Jones on a handoff in 2019, but you overlook issues like this.

It may have been time, but the Packers enjoyed a lot of success the past 13 years, and Mike McCarthy undoubtedly had a lot to do with that.
nerdmann
5 years ago

This is the class I was referring to.

Also, Jay reported many NFL coaches called and texted him saying Packers should have waited until end of season.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Not only is it uncharacteristic for this franchise to fire a HC mid-season, but to do it the SAME NIGHT as a miserable loss like this? They didn't even wait until the next morning!?

That makes me suspect that strong words may have been exchanged.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DarkaneRules
5 years ago
Thank you Mike. I'm sure he'll land on his feet in no time.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
buckeyepackfan
5 years ago

The hell is wrong with you? You're the fan that gives the rest of us a shitty name. You come off like Aaron Rodgers was some elite QB in spite of Mike McCarthy. Wrong. The QB school (think before the CBA neutered the time previously afforded for such training) is what Aaron himself credits the most for improvement.

All Mike McCarthy did was take a Jeff Tedford product and turn him into someone who's likely going to be in the Hall of Fame. Took an aging Brett Favre who threw interceptions like Oprah gives away cars and turned him into a more precise decision maker. Led the Packers to 125 wins (125-77-2), 4 NFC Championships, 1 Super Bowl win and 9 playoff appearances with only 3 losing seasons out of 13.

Fans like this are what make others think instead of Titletown, we're Entitledtown.

It was absolutely time for a Head Coaching change, no one is going to dispute that, but to dispel such vile absurd nonsense? You are embarrassment to the Green Bay Packers fan base.

Thanks for stating the truth Z.
For some reason my applaud button is not working.
Depends on where I am at.
Take a look around The NFL, the teams that sustain winning do not make wholsale changes often.
Patriots,Steelers, Packers,Saints.........ect.

I truly hope Murphy hss a plan to move foward, not my favorite guy in charge right now.

Maybe s couple of :500 years will make some of these "entitled" fans realize this willy nilly changing of leadership is not the way to go.

I have made it perfectly clear Murphy should have cleaned house after last year.

He didn't and this is where The Packer nation sits.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
bboystyle
5 years ago

Lol stop. Mike McCarthy didnt teach rodgers shit. And its fans like u who make this fan base seem like cluless weak homers. Good riddance to a coach who couldnt coach worth a damn and will be more exposed on his new team.

And all those accomplishments were inspite of him trying to throw games away with his crappy calls.

We all seen how he is without an elite qb. Hes jeff fisher status. Belichick can go 14-6 with 3 different qbs not named brady. Mike McCarthy has some embarrassing losing record without favre or rodgers improvising his shitty game plans and calls.

Even favre himself said some of the calls were so bad that in the huddle he would say "fuck that, were not calling that play".

But yea lets be classy for a guy who was a cancer of this team.

Did u cry this much when amhad carrol got released? Or how about cledius hunt? I sure as hell didnt. I was rejoicing like i am now because they didnt contribute shit but mind boggling plays. The same as MM
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
I agree with the voices calling for a change. Notwithstanding the foregoing, I thank Mike McCarthy for his efforts and commitment. This is not the time to recap any perceived or actual deficiencies...that time has past. A little class in situations like this is something we should all strive for.

This change could be positive both for him and the organization....fresh starts can be very healthy. Doing it now, though painful, is better for him and the team.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (23h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (23h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (23h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.