Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages12>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nonstopdrivel  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 10:14:06 PM(UTC)
I like the idea of Pete Carmichael. Rock On
DoddPower  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 11:03:51 PM(UTC)
Josh McDaniels. Or Belichick if McDaniels takes over. Would be a nice closing to both Rodgers and Belichicks final years.
Nonstopdrivel  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 11:15:40 PM(UTC)
Wrong thread
beast  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 11:24:09 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel said: Go to Quoted Post
I like the idea of Pete Carmichael. Rock On

For interview, absolutely.

Also the Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy and as a surprise, their GREAT ST coach Dave Toub, who was also Lovie Smith's ST coach that always did great. And Ravens head coach proved a ST coach can also be a Superbowl winning head coach.

But I think we need to find some non-playoffs team options.

The Bucs have a hell of an offense so maybe their offensive coordinator Todd Monken... of course they also put a lot of draft capital into offense too and signed Desean Jackson.

And none of these guys are the top offensive guy for their organization which is why some have mentioned Titans offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur... who has worked a ton with Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay.

If they're interested in keeping Pettine around... he has worked with the Seahawks offensive coordinator for years (while both were with the Jets) and he hired the Vikings offensive coordinator when he was head coach of the Browns.

The best option (as an organization leaders) might be Stanford head coach who Pettine worked with when both were part of the Ravens ... but it sounds like you'll have to over pay him to get him to leave where he is very happy and comfortable.

KRK  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 3:50:02 AM(UTC)
Pettine
McDaniels
Pete Carmichael (Saints)
Arians
Harbaugh
someone who:
1. has worked sucessfully with elite QBs
2. keep Pettine around, and
3. can tell 12 to do something and not be afraid to piss him off,
4. yet have a reasonable probability of commanding his respect.

NOT
any young college coach, including Riley, Kingsbury, et al

Updated by user Monday, December 3, 2018 8:21:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: additional name

gbguy20  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 6:21:41 AM(UTC)
Saints or chiefs oc I like
Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 6:31:00 AM(UTC)
Mike Holmgren, previous job was 49ers OC
Mike McCarthy, previous job was 49ers OC

49ers don't have an OC so ... I have no freaking idea!
Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 11:38:13 AM(UTC)
I doubt it!
Cheesey  
#9 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 12:11:42 PM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
Saints or chiefs oc I like

Is GBGUY20 actually “YODA”???LOL
Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 2:37:41 PM(UTC)
My four names would be.

Darren Rizzi
Keith Armstrong
Brant Boyer
Bubba Ventrone
gbguy20  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 6:29:13 PM(UTC)
Now tell me who they are
KRK  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 6:31:27 PM(UTC)
They are special teams guys who dont have a chance in hell of being hired.
Rockmolder  
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 6:02:56 AM(UTC)
Normally I'd like to go with a coach on the defensive side of the ball, but I don't know how that'd work if we keep Pettine. Especially not with the coaches out there. But I like the way a guy like Belichick isn't directly involved with the offense, which creates some distance to Tom Brady.

Next to that, it's easier to get our defense from a 5 to a 8 if you have a guy who knows what to work on, rather than our offense from a 7 to a 9.

A guy like Burke interests me because of his background, but his defense hasn't been all that great this year and he's more comfortable with a 4-3. Joe Woods really turned that Broncos defense around and was a pretty hyped up candidate last year. He could be an interesting hire.

I guess McDaniels could be ok as long as he isn't tasked with personnel decisions. He's a great X's and O's guy. I always have to think about this article when he gets brought up for a head coaching job, though...
beast  
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 9:21:26 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
My four names would be.

Darren Rizzi
Keith Armstrong
Brant Boyer
Bubba Ventrone

Why isn't Dave Toub included?

At one point I was wanting Toub as head coach with Kingsbury and Pettine as Coordinators... but since Kingsbury signed with USC, that plan is out the window.
nerdmann  
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 10:58:37 AM(UTC)
It's gonna be Pettine with Philbin as OC. Learning a new system will take time. Aaron needs to take this shot now.
Cheesey  
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 12:09:49 PM(UTC)
Now tell me who they are

Gbguy! You were SUPPOSED to say :”who they are, you will tell me”!!!LOL
I keep hearing it in Yoda’s voice now!
LOL LOL
I think you should use your “Jedi mind control” to get the Packers to win this Sunday! Or at least to get Aaron Rodgers to stop throwing at the receivers ankles!LOL

gbguy20  
#17 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 1:53:18 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
It's gonna be Pettine with Philbin as OC. Learning a new system will take time. Aaron needs to take this shot now.

Want this, I do not.
KRK  
#18 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 3:59:10 PM(UTC)
Frankly, I want to see the next 4 games before I would be averse to this.

Just to opine. When someone has the experience in a position, and gets canned, as has happened both to Philbin and Pettine, one learns alot. Retrospectively, you examine an number of items:
- what made me good at my job?
- what did I do poorly?
- What did I like?
- What didn't I like?
- Could I supplement my strengths/weaknesses and likes/dislikes and still do that particular job?

I know Pettine is AWESOME at his DC job. I don't know whether Philbin is a great OC. I would simple assert that one should keep an open mind and look at the relative production the last 4 games vis a vis the first 12 in order to make that assesment.
nerdmann  
#19 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:28:24 PM(UTC)
KRK said: Go to Quoted Post
Frankly, I want to see the next 4 games before I would be averse to this.

Just to opine. When someone has the experience in a position, and gets canned, as has happened both to Philbin and Pettine, one learns alot. Retrospectively, you examine an number of items:
- what made me good at my job?
- what did I do poorly?
- What did I like?
- What didn't I like?
- Could I supplement my strengths/weaknesses and likes/dislikes and still do that particular job?

I know Pettine is AWESOME at his DC job. I don't know whether Philbin is a great OC. I would simple assert that one should keep an open mind and look at the relative production the last 4 games vis a vis the first 12 in order to make that assesment.

Aaron would be calling the plays and presumably developing the offensive game plan.
Cheesey  
#20 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 5:39:47 PM(UTC)
Want this, I do not.

You got me laughing!!!
LOL LOL LOL
Rss Feed