Rockmolder
5 years ago

I tried a slightly different strategy in this draft, which netted a decent trawl of picks:

I'd say I pretty much robbed the rest of the league.

I'm sitting here trying to imagine what it would be like as a fan to watch a draft unfold like this -- what it would be like from the standpoint of a television-viewing experience, I mean.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Total confusion and excitement.

Then, probably a lot of angry fans because you'll be cutting 75% of your draft picks.
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

Guess you didn't see my 2nd draft.
😁😁😁

Your score is: 30780 (GRADE: A+)

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

2nd Go ... way better than yours. 😲
Your score is: 30725 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 16 (WASH): Allen, Josh, OLB, Kentucky (A+)
Round 1 Pick 32: Jones, DreMont, DT, Ohio State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 14: Sweat, Montez, DE, Mississippi State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 16 (WASH): Allen, Zach, DE, Boston College (A)
Round 3 Pick 13: Jenkins, Elgton, C/OT, Mississippi State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 14: Rapp, Taylor, SS, Washington (A+)
Round 4 Pick 16: Breeland, Jake, TE, Oregon (A+)
Round 5 Pick 14: Jackson, Tyree, QB, Buffalo (A+)
Round 6 Pick 14: Renfrow, Hunter, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 6 Pick 22: Homer, Travis, RB, Miami (FL) (A+)
Round 7 Pick 14: Joseph, Kendall, ILB, Clemson (A+)
UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago

I am not very big on the whole "this is a good year for XXX position" There are excellent players at every position every year.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

True, but when a draft is deeper at a particular position, it's a higher probably that the talented ones will fall to you and be among the most talented... where when weaker at a particular position, the talented ones are less likely to drop to you.

3. ILB (why did Burks only get 3 snaps last game...very troubling)
4. S (unless you think Jackson is more of a safety)

Gute seemed to try to draft the highest physical potential, but sometimes that means the least ready to play right now. CB Jackson and ILB Burk have huge physical potential but neither we're going to be that good as rookies... they need to grow, either mentally (Jackson needs to learn man coverage) or physically (Burks needs to add muscle and be physical).

The 2nd ILBers are getting less playing time because the Safeties are taking their playing time in the dime packages most of the time. And this is why I disagree with ILB being such a huge need, because you can simply put Josh Jones in the dime S/ILB role which I think is his best position and that he's better than Burks there (at least until Burks gets stronger and adjust to the NFL)...

Also I'm hoping they can resign ILB Ryan for cheap... at least if they stayed in Pettine's defense, as I think Ryan could be a great inside blitzer.

UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
Beast Said

Gute seemed to try to draft the highest physical potential, but sometimes that means the least ready to play right now.

That is a good observation, and I am not asserting that you agree with it...but meanwhile Rodgers is a year older...

Nevertheless, a 3rd rounder should be getting the reps when we are out of it, whether or not he has to put on more weight....besides, right now, isnt he is more of the hybrid position you are discussing. Our vanilla LB's cant cover guys out of the backfield well at all.

Beast also said

And this is why I disagree with ILB being such a huge need, because you can simply put Josh Jones in the dime S/ILB role which I think is his best position and that he's better than Burks there

And meanwhile, we continue to fill the wrong holes in short yardage and when we do fill them, we don't seem to have the body mass to stop them. Perhaps, I just don't care for Morrison....I don't know...

I guess I am tired of seeing rookies be immediately productive on other teams.

Agree wholeheartedly on Ryan
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Rockmolder
5 years ago

Beast Said That is a good observation, and I am not asserting that you agree with it...but meanwhile Rodgers is a year older...

Nevertheless, a 3rd rounder should be getting the reps when we are out of it, whether or not he has to put on more weight....besides, right now, isnt he is more of the hybrid position you are discussing. Our vanilla LB's cant cover guys out of the backfield well at all.

I agree. I remember one of the knocks on him coming out of college was that he didn't have familiarity at any position and would most likely have to learn on the go. Pettine even mentioned so in one of his TC interviews after Ryan went down.

If that's the case, these are the games you want him in and getting some reps to get up to speed some more as a 3-4 ILB. More so than Josh Jones, who I imagine we want as a full time safety on 1st and 2nd down, at least, and want to get some reps back there and more so than Morrison, who's a stop-gap player only here out of pure necessity.

Maybe he's so far behind the curve that they're feeling they're getting a big downgrade when putting Burks at ILB, which would be somewhat worrying, as well. I know we drafted him on potential, but those physical attributes alone should propel him ahead of the rest of the guys at that position, imo.

Maybe it just starts to click after his rookie year. It happens, I guess. It's just that I had hoped he'd be able to break into the starting line-up at this point of the season at a very weak position.

Beast also said And meanwhile, we continue to fill the wrong holes in short yardage and when we do fill them, we don't seem to have the body mass to stop them. Perhaps, I just don't care for Morrison....I don't know...

I don't mind rookies not being productive immediately. That usually happens on bad teams or with early picks. I mean, from the 2018 draft for the Saints, there's not a single guy who's produced at a high level. Even our 5th rounder in MVS is outproducing their 3rd round receiver in Tre'Quan Smith.

Of the 9 picks the Pats made, only Sony Michel has done anything, with the rest mostly not even getting on the field this year.

I think we're getting some good production out of Jaire and I'm decently happy with what MVS is doing as a late 5th rounder.

Normally I wouldn't even expect Burks to get on the field. It's just that with our abysmal LB-group, injuries et cetera, I would've liked for him to be able to get on the field.
beast
5 years ago

Shouldn't the best players be getting the reps, no matter where they were drafted? Unless you mean less meaningful snaps now that they are out of the playoffs.

But yup, Burks is supposed to be a hybird type... but honestly he kinda looks like a weak tackler no matter what defensive position you compare him to, and I don't think that is gonna change until he gets more muscle, but live reps might help too.

But other than Martinez, none of the ILBers are getting many defensive snaps, Burks got 3 and Morrison got 13

Perhaps, I just don't care for Morrison....I don't know...

Agree wholeheartedly on Ryan

I'm not big on Morrison either... I see him more as a temporary guy.

Yeah it really stinks to see other teams have more productive guys. Especially some very later round or UDFA guys.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
Yes, I should’ve said meaningful snaps know that they’re out of the playoffs.

To me, it seems like Burks is a washout. So much for my personnel evaluation skills as I thought he would’ve been the steal of the draft… Alas.

In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
beast
5 years ago

Yes, I should’ve said meaningful snaps know that they’re out of the playoffs.

To me, it seems like Burks is a washout. So much for my personnel evaluation skills as I thought he would’ve been the steal of the draft… Alas.

I don't know if Burks will ever fully developed, and I didn't have him that high, but he CLEARLY was a long term project, and I wouldn't put squat on only his rookie year.

But I do know Rodgers, Collins, Nelson, Driver, Harris, Tramon, Fackrell and probably many more, didn't really break out until their 3rd year.

And with how raw both CB Jackson and LB Burks are, I didn't expect nothing out of them as rookies, and while I expected some signs of being average next year, I don't think it will be until their 3rd year until they break out big (that's if they develop). But this is the risk you take when going after top physical potential that is less ready to go right now.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
5 years ago
Here is my "Trade for Nick Bosa" draft.
The game doesn't think he is worth 2-1's in 2019 and a 1 in 2020.
😁😁😁😁

Your score is: 27736 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 2 (S.F.): Bosa, Nick, DE, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 27 (N.E.): Adams, Trey, OT, Washington (A)
Round 2 Pick 29 (N.E.): Jennings, Anfernee, OLB, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 5 (N.E.): Metcalf, DK, WR, Mississippi (A+)
Round 4 Pick 16: Wilson, Caleb, TE, UCLA (A+)
Round 5 Pick 14: Weber, Mike, RB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 14: Russell, Dontavius, DT, Auburn (A+)
Round 6 Pick 22: McKinney, Prentice, FS, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 7 Pick 14: Browning, Jake, QB, Washington (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
gbguy20
5 years ago
We didn't even trade that for mack
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (13h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (14h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (14h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (17h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (20h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (20h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (20h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (20h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (20h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (20h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (20h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (20h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (20h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (21h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (21h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.