Discussion Board
buckeyepackfan
2019-01-13T03:34:03Z
Originally Posted by: KRK 

Reading these threads, you would think that other than Ron Zook and Dom Capers, every other coach we had was Head Coaching Material, and Every Front Office guy was the next GM.. That our players are highly sought after by numerous other teams....its laughable.

What's laughable is expecting an all pro level player at every position and that every player drafted by The Packers, no matter what round, will be able to reach that all pro level within a year or two or they are labled a bust.

What's laughable is someone not realizing that the players who did reach FA the past 10 years were some of the most sought after players in the league.

What's laughable is someone not realizing that the coaches that have been dismissed the past few days are already interviewing for other teams.

2019 will be here soon.
The Packers will field a team.

You can lament all you want about the past.
Guess what, it won't change anything.
NOW THAT'S LAUGHABLE!
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2019-01-13T21:23:03Z
I merely point out the chasm between the praise level of our coaching and front office staffs and our performance.

And who said All Pro at every position? Red Herring there.

I’d settle for average at most positions with above average for some and great at a few. We are not there.

As Bum Phillips brilliantly observed, to get better ‘you need to get better players or get the players you have play better.’ For the last few years, with a few exceptions, I haven’t seen much of either.
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (18h) : Bucs go to more readable jersey numbers and Falcons go opposite.
Zero2Cool (18h) : Bucs improved. Rams logo stinks. Falcons uniforms step back.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : Anyone see the Falcons new uniforms? Look terrible
Mucky Tundra (6-Apr) : I get the feeling Browns fans are sayign the same thing
Zero2Cool (6-Apr) : @RossTuckerNFL Texans fans praying Bill O'Brien puts auto-draft on.
Zero2Cool (6-Apr) : I wouldn't user internet. I would have everyone join a conference bridge so communication is steady.
Mucky Tundra (6-Apr) : tbh, I can't wait for a dropped call/someones internet going out and it holding up the whole draft
Mucky Tundra (6-Apr) : Oh, I was trying to be comically serious but I guess I didn't write it out well
Zero2Cool (6-Apr) : Unless I won, then you all will hear about it for YEARS!! muwahahaha
Zero2Cool (6-Apr) : They have a ton of skin in the game. And everyone will care what happened. Fantasy Football, no one cares about previous season.
Zero2Cool (6-Apr) : Not really.
Mucky Tundra (6-Apr) : NFL draft to be online and from GMs homes and offices; line between real life and fantasy football just got really blurry
buckeyepackfan (6-Apr) : Prerecorded 3 weeks ago. Their training center is in Florida
buckeyepackfan (6-Apr) : Gronk hosted Wrestlemainia. The whole thing was pre-r
KRK (6-Apr) : anyone know where to buy a Packers face mask?
Cheesey (4-Apr) : Da Bares still SUCK!😁
Nonstopdrivel (4-Apr) : On my Google news feed are references to a video on a German sports site claiming that Gronk was going to Tampa Bay, but it seems to have been taken down.
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : bears stinks
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Pass YPG, Pass Yds/Att, Pass TD/Game, TD-INT ratio, Passer Rating. Okay, not all the major categories but some pretty big ones
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Saw a tweet that Bears QBs rank dead last in every major passing category in the Super Bowl era
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : I am so thankful we have the Bears. Comical.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : @ChicagoBears "With the addition of Nick Foles it’s exactly what we talked about from the start – we want to create competition. We've talked to both players and it’s an open competition."
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : oops
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : @StaceyDales . @ChicagoBears Conference Calls Today: Starting with Head Coach Matt Nagy and General Ryan Pace, right now. Nick Foles & Robert Quinn to come later in the day.
Zero2Cool (2-Apr) : oops, the part about him being clean and totally different person is the really good news.
Zero2Cool (2-Apr) : that is really good news! happy to hear that
Mucky Tundra (2-Apr) : According to Jay Glazer, Smith is totally clean and sober, totally different person who was suspended years ago
Mucky Tundra (2-Apr) : He hasn't had any incidents since the Raiders cut him loose two years ago
Mucky Tundra (2-Apr) : After reading up on him, it appears he was suspended indefinately and there's a chance that he won't be reinstated by the NFL so he can play for the Cowboys
Zero2Cool (2-Apr) : Cowboys sign Aldon Smith. I didn't even know he was eligible to be signed. Thought he was banned for life.
Cheesey (2-Apr) : But seriously, I myself am NOT in any hurry to see Rodgers go!
Cheesey (2-Apr) : Zero! Don’t SUGGEST THAT! It could scar a person for life! (Look what it did to me!)🤪
Zero2Cool (2-Apr) : Who knows. Just know wanting Rodgers gone ...careful what you ask for. Watch the Packers 70s-80s videos.
Cheesey (2-Apr) : Maybe Blair Witch?🤪
Zero2Cool (1-Apr) : You want Blair Kiel, don't you?
dhazer (1-Apr) : I don't see him in GB for his full career or should say I hope not
Cheesey (1-Apr) : I hope he can add at least one more SB win to that legacy
Zero2Cool (1-Apr) : "My thing is, legacy is really important," Rodgers continued. "Having an opportunity to do it all in Green Bay would mean a lot to me."
Nonstopdrivel (31-Mar) : How did I not realize that J'Mon Moore was waived before last season even began??
Nonstopdrivel (31-Mar) : That team is going to have such a huge advantage.
wpr (31-Mar) : I'd rather have 16 teams than 14. Hate 1 team getting a bye.
Zero2Cool (31-Mar) : Not a fan
Zero2Cool (31-Mar) : 𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚: NFL owners approve expanding postseason to 14 teams beginning in 2020 (via @RapSheet
Mucky Tundra (31-Mar) : hmm appears there's a time limit to edit posts
Mucky Tundra (31-Mar) : Weird, wasn't popping up for me when I clicked "..." on one of my posts
Mucky Tundra (31-Mar) : Did the edit button disappear or am I missing something?
Cheesey (30-Mar) : Would have made more sense had Geronimo went to the Washington Redskins......think about it....😂
Zero2Cool (29-Mar) : Geronimo!!
wpr (29-Mar) : Right beast. I posted the tweet on the JG thread.
beast (28-Mar) : In context, JG said the Bears were going to use him right, and TJ respond with that...
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2019 Packers Schedule
Thursday, Sep 5 @ 7:20 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
BRONCOS
Thursday, Sep 26 @ 7:20 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Cowboys
Monday, Oct 14 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
RAIDERS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 7:20 PM
Chiefs
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
Chargers
Sunday, Nov 10 @ 3:25 PM
PANTHERS
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Dec 1 @ 12:00 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 8 @ 12:00 PM
REDSKINS
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 12:00 PM
BEARS
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

6-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

5-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

3-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

3-Apr / Around The NFL / Cheesey

2-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

31-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

31-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

31-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

30-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2020 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.