Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages12>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cheesey  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 12:21:33 PM(UTC)
True, as far as security goes. But why worry about security at a football game, when there is a group that doesn’t give a damn about security for the country’s border?
Isn’t protecting Americans more important then security at a game?

As far as the actual game goes, I’m hoping for a Rams victory. But I have a suspicion that the refs won’t let that happen.
The Saints got screwed by the refs. So I don’t trust the officials very much.

Updated by moderator Wednesday, January 23, 2019 8:03:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 1:11:30 PM(UTC)
I'm sure it's the refs fault that the Saints won the coin toss in overtime?
I'm sure it's the refs fault that the Saints elected to receive the ball in overtime?
I'm sure it's the refs fault that the Saints threw an interception in overtime?

Yeah, the officials fucked up. Get over it.

/soapbox

The aspect I find interesting is if the officials call a sketchy play against the Rams, they'll be blasted for trying to make-up for the mistake in the Divisional round. Conversely, if the officials call something sketchy against the Patriots, we are actually going to hear people whine that the officials rigged the game for the Patriots.

Let's think about that ... yeah, pretty stupid isn't it?
Nonstopdrivel  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 2:03:12 PM(UTC)
Cheesey said: Go to Quoted Post

Uh, last I checked, there will be Americans attending the game. These goals aren't mutually exclusive.
Cheesey  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 4:58:53 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel said: Go to Quoted Post
Uh, last I checked, there will be Americans attending the game. These goals aren't mutually exclusive.

Uh, is THAT really your argument or point?
Making a big deal about security at a ONE DAY EVENT affecting less then 100 thousand people versus one that will affect millions of Americans over hundreds of years. Yeah.....they are the same, right? If those that hate the President would put their hate aside, the whole shutdown would have never gone on for more then a week.

And yes Zero, it’s not just the refs fault. But even THEY admitted they screwed up by not calling the OBVIOUS pass interference that would have ended the game. Tell me, did you not see that? Heck, Ray Charles would have seen that.
I think sometimes you just like to argue for the sake of argument.
Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 5:55:47 PM(UTC)
And yes Zero, it’s not just the refs fault. But even THEY admitted they screwed up by not calling the OBVIOUS pass interference that would have ended the game. Tell me, did you not see that? Heck, Ray Charles would have seen that.
Where did I say it wasn't a missed call? Oh yea, just adding more garbage to fit your moving target narrative, right? You take one horrible call and extrapolate that into something it's not because in your world, someone who is a professional is not allowed to make a mistake. You fail to comprehend that officials are just like you and I, they are HUMAN. They make mistakes.

You act like kickers have never missed a chip shot field goal before. Let me remind you.

So to say the refs gave the game to the Rams ... BULLSHIT. Was it a bad call? Yes. Is it absolutely shitty that we wont' ever know that maybe the Saints run it in for TD and the ball goes back to Rams who drive down for a TD? So many scenarios but we will never know because of a horrible missed called. What we do know, and follow along here. What we do know is the Saints won the toss, the Saints elected to receive the ball and the Saints threw an interception and the Rams kicked a 57 yard field goal with the Super Bowl as the prize for winning. Let me say that again so it sinks in. The Rams kicked a FIFTY-SEVEN yard field goal to win the game!

Why aren't you complaining about the calls against the Rams? You can see below two blatant facemasks and probably a delay of game.

So, now who is arguing for the sake of argument? Yeah, that's what I thought.

As far as the actual game goes, I’m hoping for a Rams victory. But I have a suspicion that the refs won’t let that happen.

Face Palm
I think sometimes you just like to argue for the sake of argument.

My point is this. The refs did not hand the game to the Saints. It was one (of several) bad calls, but no way, no how did that cost the Saints the game.

Cheesey  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 6:46:09 PM(UTC)
Now you know why I haven’t posted here in the last month. Everyone else in here can be snotty and act like ass hats, and no one calls anyone else out but me. I seem to have a bullseye on me for bully’s to take pot shots at.
This place used to be fun to come to, where people treated you with respect even if they disagreed with you.
Those days are gone. That’s why so many great people left this place.
It’s a real shame.
Even you, Kevin, have changed.
When I brought up something that bothered me, you blew me off.
It’s your site, so of course it’s your right to do it as you like. Thanks for the good years I had here. Many good fun times. That’s what I will try to remember.
beast  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 7:22:55 PM(UTC)
Now you know why I haven’t posted here in the last month. Everyone else in here can be snotty and act like ass hats, and no one calls anyone else out but me. I seem to have a bullseye on me for bully’s to take pot shots at.
And you're not being snotty and acting like an ass hat by making clearly biased non-NFL political statements in a section of the site that is dedicated to 'Around the NFL'?

I'm not meaning to bully you... just noting that making clearly biased political statements sure is NOT the best way to avoid being called out or bullied... in fact, I might say it's the best way to get called out and bullied on the entire internet...
If those that hate the President would put their hate aside, the whole shutdown would have never gone on for more then a week.
And yeah in my opinion, that's a clearly biased political statement.
gbguy20  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 7:31:41 PM(UTC)
hi cheesey, i missed you. hope life is going well.

https://mashable.com/201...oul-online/#gEFPfOlKTuqA
KRK  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 7:54:35 PM(UTC)
One man’s thoughts.

Like you cheesy, I come to this site for release. Some of the posters have incredibly insightful information about football and I really enjoy reading of their opinions, especially those that disagree with mine that are well thought out, researched, presented.

You have the right to post whatever you’d like. Let me say this as a extremely conservative person religiously and politically, I think Trump is absolutely right to hold out for border security and a while.

But let me also say I really don’t want to read about it on this site, and particularly on this thread or any other football related thread. And I would guess neither do most other contributors. Also, on this particular thread, you were the one who brought it up and injected political controversy into the thread...so you might be justifiably accused of tweaking peoples noses.

There of been very thoughtful political opinions voiced on this site, but not under the Super Bowl or Packers topics. They are generally under Random Babble. So in my opinion, it would probably be more appropriate to post political opinions there, in not on a football related thread.

I always enjoy reading your opinions especially the Cornier ones.
Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 7:58:39 PM(UTC)
This place used to be fun to come to, where people treated you with respect even if they disagreed with you.
Those days are gone. That’s why so many great people left this place.
It’s a real shame.
Even you, Kevin, have changed.
When I brought up something that bothered me, you blew me off.
It’s your site, so of course it’s your right to do it as you like. Thanks for the good years I had here. Many good fun times. That’s what I will try to remember.

I haven't changed bud. You've grown more cynical. It's a product of everything you've been through. You stated your thoughts, I stated my thoughts. That's what happens on a discussion board.

You often times try to toss in things that have no merit whatsoever to the topic, just like your attempt to bring politics into this one. Who wants to open a thread about a football game and read someone injecting politics? Not me. I want them titled appropriately so I can stay FAR CLEAR from them. It would be splendid if people would respect that.

As for blowing you off? When was this? What was it about? Was it something that perhaps you should have blown off? Please, bring it up again.

Also, please try to understand that this website is a hobby of mine, it is not my life. I cannot read every post. I cannot be everything, everywhere. I have a family. I have a job. I have daughters. I have brothers, a sister, a girlfriend, her kids, a grandkid ... I have a lot going on and shit load of stress to deal with. This website starts to become a stress, I will shut it down. This is also why I urge the community to police themselves and be adults. That means, don't fling shit at someone and cry when it gets flung back at you. (not saying you do that, but others have and I won't waste my time with it)

When I see (I repeat, when I see) certain things, I chime in and try to correct it. If that isn't good enough for you, I am sorry, but I have my priorities straight and babysitting online folks is not one of them.
Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 8:03:31 PM(UTC)
Split this because it's WAY off-topic lol
Cheesey  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 8:58:21 PM(UTC)
Never mind. Not worth explaining.
Smokey  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 10:22:17 PM(UTC)
On the issue of NFL Officiating, I believe that I may have a good idea. Instead of 2 Challenge Flags per team, provide each team with 3 Challenge Flags. With that, make Defensive and Offensive Pass Interference reviewable. Losing the Challenge would still cost the Challenger a time out. In addition, a Supervising Official with access to all of the video angles would have the authority to supersede all of the game officials. The decision of the Supervising Official would be final. Excessive protesting or celebrating by any player or coach would result in an Unsportsmanlike Conduct Penalty.

Two Cents
beast  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 11:11:35 PM(UTC)
Speaking of the crappy officiating in the Saints game and politics...

Cedric Richmond, a U.S. Congressman from New Orleans and member of the Judiciary Antitrust Subcommittee, is "inviting NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to answer some important questions to the subcommittee, about the unfair call against the Saints" and to have "this issue addressed so that it does not happen again".

profootballtalk said:
As legalized gambling begins to proliferate, the NFL should be concerned that any given controversy could be the controversy that prompts Congress to conclude that the NFL isn’t capable of taking care of its own business — and that Congress should do it for the NFL.

More specifically, the league should fear the possible creation of a federal agency that would oversee the NFL, and possibly other pro sports. That’s the last thing the league would want, since it would remove from the league the exclusive authority to determine the league’s business, subject to the authority of no one.

Zero2Cool  
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 5:50:53 AM(UTC)
Never mind. Not worth explaining.

Alan, I didn't blow you off. I checked, I did respond. The response wasn't to your liking.

Something I try (and my goodness do I fail a lot) to remind myself of this quote.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey  
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 9:23:40 AM(UTC)
I apologize. I made the mistake of letting a poster here get under my skin.
Won’t happen again.
And gbguy, thank you for asking about how I am doing.
Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 10:59:19 AM(UTC)
I apologize. I made the mistake of letting a poster here get under my skin.
Won’t happen again.
And gbguy, thank you for asking about how I am doing.

Letting someone get under skin isn't necessarily something that merits an apology. It just shows that you care about what others think. The solution is understand some people are assholes.
Smokey  
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 11:01:38 AM(UTC)
True, as far as security goes. But why worry about security at a football game, when there is a group that doesn’t give a damn about security for the country’s border?

It's ok for you to have opinions and for you to post about it. However my point was that funding for security at the SB may suffer while the government remains shutdown. It does imply support for or against any political side. Just that funding to pay for the necessary security may need to be supported by the NFL this year. It would be terrible to have some violent incident occur that better security could have prevented. After all 99.99% of those attending the SB will be Americans.

Your welcome to start up a thread to express your political views, but don't get angry if it ends up in the "Back Alley". There you can post as you like and not impose your politics upon those that come here to escape such things. As for those that left this forum or were banned, you can most likely find them posting on other sites.

No one is attacking you Cheesey, nor do any wished to be attacked either. I'll look forward to reading your post on the NFL, the Packers, other sports, travel, cooking, medical issues, etc.
Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 11:49:44 AM(UTC)
Smokey said: Go to Quoted Post
It's ok for you to have opinions and for you to post about it.

Your welcome to start up a thread to express your political views, but don't get angry if it ends up in the "Back Alley". There you can post as you like and not impose your politics upon those that come here to escape such things. As for those that left this forum or were banned, you can most likely find them posting on other sites.

The tone here comes as if you are a moderator or admin of the site. Obviously, you are not. Rather than coming off like you're holier than thou and run the show, how about leading by example instead? Thank you for your understanding.

Smokey said: Go to Quoted Post
No one is attacking you Cheesey, nor do any wished to be attacked either. I'll look forward to reading your post on the NFL, the Packers, other sports, travel, cooking, medical issues, etc.

I 100% agree!!
KRK  
#20 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 12:49:34 PM(UTC)
Beast posted from a news article:
Quote:
Cedric Richmond, a U.S. Congressman from New Orleans and member of the Judiciary Antitrust Subcommittee, is "inviting NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to answer some important questions to the subcommittee, about the unfair call against the Saints" and to have "this issue addressed so that it does not happen again".

The last people I want involved in the NFL is the US goverment, particularly Congress. They should keep their arrogant noses out of it, and get a handle on the things under their purview.

Generally “We must not look to government to solve our problems. Government is the problem.
Rss Feed