IronMan
15 years ago

Sorry Oskar....i disagree 100%.
Rodgers has done his job, and has been damn good at it.

You want the REAL reason we are 5-7 this year???

Our defense has ALREADY given up 4 more points then ALL OF LAST SEASON!
Favre wouldn't have done any better with the crappy way our D has played.
If our D played as well as last year, we'd be in alot better shape.
But those that want to blame Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy don't WANT to see this REAL reason.
It screws up their whole argument.

"Cheesey" wrote:

While I wanted Favre to come back; the decision to go with Rodgers was the right one. Aaron has done his part. He is not the reason we have struggled.

But Ted Thompson and McCarthy(poor off-season moves, bad coaching) are the reason we are 5-7.
Gravedigga
15 years ago

I think we lack Favrepower.

"gakko" wrote:

There, i fixed it for ya :thumbright:
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Gravedigga
15 years ago

Last year was an excellent year. That was last years team though. This is this years team. A team that has suffered several injuries. A team that is playing different football. A team that is going with a first year starter. You consider that currently the Packers are without Favre, Williams, Jenkins, and Barnett. Not to mention Bigby and Harris have missed time. Rodgers has had a bad shoulder for about half of the year. Grant and Hawk had injuries of their own.

I think this team has a case of bad luck with it's fair share of blend of poor coaching and management this year.

Not to mention the schedule

Teams we've loss to are

Dallas 8-4
Tampa Bay 9-3
Atlanta 8-4
Tennessee 11-1
Minnesota 7-5
New Orleans 6-6
Carolina 9-3

That's brutal.

"porky88" wrote:

Losing to Tampa, Atlanta, Minny & New Orleans isnt brutal. They are slightly above average teams.

I'm sorry but take a look at the guys career record. Mny of those seasons were with injuries and horrible defenses adn no running game. But my packers still managed to win. Whatever, 10 wins, 11 wins, 9 wins maybe unless he had a broken thumb or lost all his starting receivers and running backs to injuries and both his pro bowl lineman to a gm who wanted him out of town from day one. Bottom line is he is a difference maker. He inspires people. Gives you that confidence to know you're still in it. Even when you're tired and dont want to keep playing hard any more, you know you have a chance still so you push on. Thats what we're missing. I find Rodgers very un-inspiring. Just my opinion.

By this time last year, we had a first round bye almost wrapped up. Now this year, we're pretty much mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
longtimefan
15 years ago

Losing to Tampa, Atlanta, isnt brutal. They are slightly above average teams.

Wow, 4 games above 500 and they are slightly above average?

If Brett was still playing would the injuries on D have happened ( I am using your excuse that Brett had to play a injury riddled team... that is why we lost )

okay anyways

With Brett your saying people play better, and I get that and I believe that...

So let me ask you this...

How would have Brett made Justin Harrell play better? How would he have made Brady Pop play better? Aj Hawk? Special Teams?
Cheesey
15 years ago

But those that want to blame Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy don't WANT to see this REAL reason.

"IronMan" wrote:

While I wanted Favre to come back; the decision to go with Rodgers was the right one. Aaron has done his part. He is not the reason we have struggled.

But Ted Thompson and McCarthy(poor off-season moves, bad coaching) are the reason we are 5-7.

"Cheesey" wrote:

What poor off season moves?
I think injuries and bad play by the D and ST's is what has cost the most. You can only coach guys too tackle, but if they don't do it is that the coach's fault? The players not doing their jobs.....thats the problem. The last return Carolina had, the guy should have been tackled at their own 25. But grabbing at him didn't work. Unfortunately, they don't have anyone else to put in there. So what do you do then? Our D gets NO pressure on QB's. Thats what is costing us dearly. Special teams that consostantly give up huge yardage. Thats what is costing us dearly. Ted Thompson can't be held responsible for professionals not doing their jobs.
However, in the off season he may have something to say about whether or not they will have a job here next season.
It's too late to try to make major changes this season. THat is, until we are out of the playoffs for certain.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago
I had to sit here and actually started to laugh. This has to be a nightmare for Ted Thompson and MM. They wanted to have a great year so the offseason circus would be forgotten but with us sucking this year it is all going back to it. All the same arguments are coming back up that was made before the season we have come full circle. What will come this offseason to top last year maybe Ted Thompson releases Driver and Harris to let them find another team wouldn't that be something lol.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago

Ted Thompson releases Driver and Harris to let them find another team wouldn't that be something lol.

"dhazer" wrote:

now i am convinced you post on bretts board or at least lurk there

that is the only place where I have heard that sentence echoed..
IronMan
15 years ago

"Cheesey" wrote:

"IronMan" wrote:

What poor off season moves?

"Cheesey" wrote:

off season/in season moves
-Releasing John Ryan, who last year had the highest punting net average of any Packers punter in 38 years.

-Signing Derrick Frost, without even giving him a work out, a week before the season started.

-Keeping Derrick Frost for 12 weeks before replacing him.

-Not replacing Corey Williams

-Drafting Justin Harrell, when he had a history of injuries his whole playing career. He has proven to be soft and unreliable.

Bad coaching:
Penalties. Especially the mental errors, have been a big problem this year. Lack of growth from the offensive line, in year 3.
dfosterf
15 years ago

I had to sit here and actually started to laugh. This has to be a nightmare for Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy. They wanted to have a great year so the offseason circus would be forgotten but with us sucking this year it is all going back to it. All the same arguments are coming back up that was made before the season we have come full circle. What will come this offseason to top last year maybe Ted Thompson releases Driver and Harris to let them find another team wouldn't that be something lol.

"dhazer" wrote:

All the arguments in the offseason circus were about Brett Favre. David-- you, better than anyone, know this...you participated. All the rest of it is a continued agenda... and Oh, by the way, you were wrong about the argument, imo. Aaron Rodgers is a fine NFL quarterback, and he's 24. Brett is 39, and that math just cannot change, as much as most of us would like it to, especially those younger viewers that grew up during the Brett Favre emergence era. I understand this, totally. Cripes, I was still thinking Bart Starr should still be playing when I was about 30, also about 18 years too late, but who's counting when it comes to emotional attachment?
bozz_2006
15 years ago

I had to sit here and actually started to laugh. This has to be a nightmare for Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy. They wanted to have a great year so the offseason circus would be forgotten but with us sucking this year it is all going back to it. All the same arguments are coming back up that was made before the season we have come full circle. What will come this offseason to top last year maybe Ted Thompson releases Driver and Harris to let them find another team wouldn't that be something lol.

"dfosterf" wrote:

All the arguments in the offseason circus were about Brett Favre. David-- you, better than anyone, know this...you participated. All the rest of it is a continued agenda... and Oh, by the way, you were wrong about the argument, imo. Aaron Rodgers is a fine NFL quarterback, and he's 24. Brett is 39, and that math just cannot change, as much as most of us would like it to, especially those younger viewers that grew up during the Brett Favre emergence era. I understand this, totally. Cripes, I was still thinking Bart Starr should still be playing when I was about 30, also about 18 years too late, but who's counting when it comes to emotional attachment?

"dhazer" wrote:

as in David the pilot?
UserPostedImage