Discussion Board
nerdmann
I heard Jimmy and Jmon were having a lot of drops. Not good for Jmon.

Also heard coaches were giving lots of individual instruction to MVS on his releases.

EQ has had some circus catches.

Savage got beat deep. But he's lined up with the starters, iirc.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
gbguy20
Jimmy had a lot more drops last season than his official number show, not surprised he hasn't figured it out. Something about old dogs, etc. Jmon put in a lot of work this offseason, hopefully he didn't forget about catching...
buckeyepackfan
Rumor has it Trevor Davis making plays at wr.

Long way to go to get this all sorted out.

No pads until July.

Thats when things will start to shake out .
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
KRK
I have never been a Graham fan. I think it was a mistake to sign him, and again to keep. Having said that, I hope he has a great year and proves me wrong. Perhaps the broken thumb from last year may still be causing issues.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem
KRK
beast
Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Rumor has it Trevor Davis making plays at wr.

Long way to go to get this all sorted out.

No pads until July.

Thats when things will start to shake out .

Every single OTAs, Trevor Davis makes a ton of plays ... then the pads go on and he disappears as a WR.

America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
nerdmann
So to maximize the number of snaps, MLF has had the 90 man roster split into varsity and jv, scrimmage on opposite ends of the Hudson Center. Fackrell is on the B team, whereas Reggie Gilbert was with the starters.

Word is, Kizer started out ok but has looked AWFUL since. They're saying he's just thinking too much due to the new playbook. Manny Wilkinscis backing up B team.

I've heard Aaron is throwing it great, but he's reverting a bit to his sandlot propensities. Had a sandlot TD to Kumerow, but Imig said he would have been sacked on the play without the red jersey.

Matt has been on the guys a bit, but it's mainly because defense is (predictably) way ahead of the offense.

I heard Tony Brown was starting at CB on the outside.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
KRK
Nerd, these observations are great...IMO high value add
Quote:

So to maximize the number of snaps, MLF has had the 90 man roster split into varsity and jv, scrimmage on opposite ends of the Hudson Center. Fackrell is on the B team, whereas Reggie Gilbert was with the starters.

Word is, Kizer started out ok but has looked AWFUL since. They're saying he's just thinking too much due to the new playbook. Manny Wilkins is backing up B team.

I've heard Aaron is throwing it great, but he's reverting a bit to his sandlot propensities. Had a sandlot TD to Kumerow, but Imig said he would have been sacked on the play without the red jersey.

Matt has been on the guys a bit, but it's mainly because defense is (predictably) way ahead of the offense.

Thoughts:
  • Fackrell should be the worst OLB/Edge on a good team
  • Kizer sucking is not good. If he continues to do so, don't be surprised if they cut their losses and upgrade before going into the season
  • Sandlot is fine if noone was open
  • My guess is that with the upgrade in talent and with an unchanged system, D will be way ahead this year
  • I think Tony Brown is a potentially awesome cover corner. The man has wheels, and with an improve pass rush could really shine this year

In Luce tua Videmus Lucem
KRK
gbguy20
Thanks for the info. Not surprised 12 is still playing sandlot football. He has spent the larger part of 4 years not giving a shit about playing within rhythm, it's going to take him a while to learn how to do it again.
Zero2Cool
Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Word is, Kizer started out ok but has looked AWFUL since. They're saying he's just thinking too much due to the new playbook. Manny Wilkinscis backing up B team.

I've been hearing that Hollman (sp?) rookie CB is been doing good things

Live, Love, and Laugh -- never, NEVER, get mad on the internet.
UserPostedImage
Comments are said as a fan of the Green Bay Packers, nothing more, nothing less. Thank you for reading!
nerdmann
Originally Posted by: KRK 

Nerd, these observations are great...IMO high value add
Thoughts:

• Fackrell should be the worst OLB/Edge on a good team
  • Kizer sucking is not good. If he continues to do so, don't be surprised if they cut their losses and upgrade before going into the season
  • Sandlot is fine if noone was open
  • My guess is that with the upgrade in talent and with an unchanged system, D will be way ahead this year
  • I think Tony Brown is a potentially awesome cover corner. The man has wheels, and with an improve pass rush could really shine this year

Still not writing Kizer off, but I like Manny Wilkins too. He's like the EQ or Dexter Williams of QBs. For various reasons, production was lower than ability. Dude can play, has the potential to get it done.
Nonstopdrivel
In college, Wilkins ran the ball 39 times for 1,035 yards (27 avg.) and 20 TDs. Think Green Bay might give him a look at fullback?
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

In college, Wilkins ran the ball 39 times for 1,035 yards (27 avg.) and 20 TDs. Think Green Bay might give him a look at fullback?

4.7 40. Be sweet to see what MLF could do with an option pass. Remember Bubba Franks and Ahman Green were both left handed. Always came as a surprise.

A QB would never have an element of surprise, but the D would have to honor the potential to throw.