Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 4:59:34 AM(UTC)
Even when Aaron doesn't say something, people still find something to say about him.
Josh Alper said:
One of the running storylines of the offseason has been the construction of the relationship between new Packers head coach Matt LaFleur and quarterback Aaron Rodgers. LaFleur brings a new offense that will ask Rodgers to do things in a different way than he's grown accustomed to doing them for more than a decade. It [more]

Continue Reading @ Josh Alper
Rockmolder  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 5:07:15 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Even when Aaron doesn't say something, people still find something to say about him.

It takes a special kind of talent to turn nothing into five paragraphs of nothing and get paid handsomely for it.
KRK  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 5:10:20 AM(UTC)
If they are not looking at Windows, do you think they will use IOS or Linux? Maybe Android? I thought the NFL had a license with Microsoft?
Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 6:39:20 AM(UTC)
KRK said: Go to Quoted Post
If they are not looking at Windows, do you think they will use IOS or Linux? Maybe Android? I thought the NFL had a license with Microsoft?

Can't design a play like this with a Mac!
Cheesey  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 7:36:45 AM(UTC)
If Rodgers says nothing, they will just make up whatever they want to believe to fill the space they have to fill each week.
I never take ANYTHING they say seriously. I don’t even bother to read that stuff unless it’s posted on this site.
dyeah_gb  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 7:50:02 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Can't design a play like this with a Mac!

Man coverage and the middle field opens up with the HB moving to the right. Pretty cool. Either that or the Texans coverage broke down due to miscommunication.
gbguy20  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 8:14:51 AM(UTC)

i think redhat would be the best choice for them.
earthquake  
#8 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 6:53:47 PM(UTC)

Unix.
KRK  
#9 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 12:06:43 AM(UTC)
Our former IT manager wasn't very bright. He said he wouldn't consider Unix because he didn't want to cut his balls off.
PackerTraxx  
#10 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 8:03:32 AM(UTC)
My guess is there is not suppose to be 2 defender moving to cover the HB which leaves the TE wide open.
Porforis  
#11 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2019 3:48:09 PM(UTC)
Our former IT manager wasn't very bright. He said he wouldn't consider Unix because he didn't want to cut his balls off.

*daditjokegroan*
KRK  
#12 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 12:55:34 AM(UTC)
Porforis pointed out:
Quote:

Porforis said: *daditjokegroan*
I am so old I had to look that up. Your are correct and fair.

Updated by user Monday, July 1, 2019 4:15:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: lack of accurate attestation

Porforis  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 4:26:56 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder said: Go to Quoted Post
It takes a special kind of talent to turn nothing into five paragraphs of nothing and get paid handsomely for it.

It's more or less the new requirement for journalism in any form. Reality is boring and complicated compared to sensationalism that preys on confirmation bias and outrage.
KRK  
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 4:15:20 AM(UTC)
Porforis properly proffered:
Quote:
It's more or less the new requirement for journalism in any form. Reality is boring and complicated compared to sensationalism that preys on confirmation bias and outrage.
And driving sensationalism leads to the creation of Pseudo-Events.

The concept of a pseudo-event was first discussed in Daniel Boorstin’s 1961 book, “The Image: A Guide to Pseudo-Events in America.” Boorstin was a historian at the University of Chicago and headed up the Library of Congress.

Journalists did not used to come up with content. In modern times, however, Boorstin says that responsibility for making the world interesting shifted on to journalists, who resorted to making up news through “pseudo-events.” Boredom does not sell papers, or websites, ergo the need for something to report upon. Pseudo-events are the stories generated from speculation, allegations, questions, and non-sequiturs that saturate the media market these days. IMO, they are typically set up with the dual goal of having something as click bait, and to set-up a discussion to push an agenda.

‘Pseudo’ comes from the Greek word meaning ‘false’ or ‘intended to deceive.’ Boorstin explained that with the advent of round-the-clock media, the news gap soon became so narrow that in order to have additional news, so-called, for each new edition of each new broadcast, it was necessary to plan in advance the stages by which any available news would be unveiled.

With more space to fill, the newsman had to fill it ever more quickly. News-gathering turned into news-making. They leak a story, or quote an un-named source, they write about it....the story itself becomes the event worthy of reporting.

Journalists creating pseudo-events and pushing agendas are why the press is viewed with a jaundiced eye...whether they are in Green Bay or Washington....and why free thinking websites, like this one, are so great.
Cheesey  
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 8:25:59 AM(UTC)
The press used to be to inform the people. It was the only way for people to find out what is going on in their area and the world.
With computers now, it’s a rush to be the first one with the “scoop”, and fact checking comes way after (if at all) the “big story” is out there.
And with the short attention span of people today, even if a story is wrong, it’s onto the next big story.
That’s why I take everything I read with a BIG grain of salt.
Rss Feed