Discussion Board
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
2019-10-31T20:32:10Z
Any interest? I say yes...if very cheap, incentive laden, and short term.
earthquake
2019-10-31T22:54:01Z
If they put in a claim on him, they would pick up his current contract, no? Or has he already passed waivers?
buckeyepackfan
2019-10-31T23:28:45Z
Pretty sure he is a vested veteran.
With all his suspensions, he may not be.
Anyway if he is vested, he does not have to clear waivers.
He is a FA and can sign with anyone.
His old contract is void.
What was his injury?
I really don't see him fitting in Green Bay.
yooperfan
2019-10-31T23:37:28Z
go.pack.go.
2019-11-01T01:15:59Z
He has to pass waivers before becoming a free agent. If picked up off of waivers, his current contract will still be in place.
earthquake
2019-11-01T01:26:45Z
Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Pretty sure he is a vested veteran.
With all his suspensions, he may not be.
Anyway if he is vested, he does not have to clear waivers.
He is a FA and can sign with anyone.
His old contract is void.
What was his injury?
I really don't see him fitting in Green Bay.

My understanding was that since he's missed so much time due to suspensions etc, that he isn't vested. Or at least he wasn't fairly recently. It's possible that he is now though.

The way this is written on PFT suggests that he's only a free agent if no team claims him: https://profootballtalk....-indeed-waived-thursday/ 

I think there may be some obscure post trade deadline rule at play here too.
beast
2019-11-01T02:10:31Z
Originally Posted by: earthquake 

My understanding was that since he's missed so much time due to suspensions etc, that he isn't vested. Or at least he wasn't fairly recently. It's possible that he is now though.

The way this is written on PFT suggests that he's only a free agent if no team claims him: https://profootballtalk....-indeed-waived-thursday/ 

I think there may be some obscure post trade deadline rule at play here too.

Very Correct! (As far as I think)

1) I believe anyone release after the trade deadline goes on waivers... even the veterans.

2) You need four years of 6 games or more played (or being in the IR for that time) to be Considered a veteran.

NFL.com says he's in his 4 year now (and he played 6 games, so next time his contract is up, he'll be a veteran FA... but he wasn't going I to this season.

Also he has two different years of only 5 games with the Browns... which kinda killed (severely delayed) his veteran status.
gbguy20
2019-11-01T02:49:03Z
As said earlier, post trade deadline everyone has to pass through waivers, even vested veterans. We won't be getting him.
Zero2Cool
2019-11-01T11:41:01Z
I would welcome Josh Gordon. He is very talented.

Update: Talk in New England that Josh Gordon’s work ethic was a concern
buckeyepackfan
2019-11-01T13:27:57Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I would welcome Josh Gordon. He is very talented.

Update: Talk in New England that Josh Gordon’s work ethic was a concern

That has always been his problem, along with the drugs and alcohol.

He has come to the point where his god given talent isn't enough anymore to stay elite and it seems he doesn't want to do the work.

How many chances can a player get?

The Patriots didn't want to kerp him is a big enough red flag for me.
rabidgopher04
2019-11-01T15:56:32Z
warhawk
2019-11-01T16:15:55Z
He has to go thru waivers to become a FA unless the article I found is just wrong.
He had a golden ticket in NE and blew it after several previous opportunities to get his act together.
Hope he finds his way....somewhere else!
If Adams wasn't on the verge I would maybe say maybe.
go.pack.go.
2019-11-01T21:16:18Z
gbguy20
2019-11-01T21:28:44Z
1 spot away from us. Can't believe he made it that far.
Cheesey
2019-11-02T01:40:28Z
Has talent.... but another head case.
Probably would have been more trouble then help.
Nonstopdrivel
2019-11-02T03:57:35Z
Over/under on the number of days he remains on the Seahawks roster? I'm starting it at 17.5.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
2019-11-02T10:40:37Z
I will take the over for 5 bucks.
dhazer
2019-11-03T19:16:40Z
Ill take the under, hes in Washington where Pot is legal and we know how much Gordon likes his weed
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Cheesey (2h) : The irony is, you don’t get the irony. (Just kidding!)🤪
Nonstopdrivel (7h) : I must have missed the joke. What is the irony?
Cheesey (25-May) : I think I’ll “irony” my laundry...🤪
Zero2Cool (25-May) : The irony lol....
Nonstopdrivel (23-May) : Agreed. I love doing research. I submitted a paper to a journal a couple of days ago. Fingers crossed that it gets accepted.
Zero2Cool (20-May) : Research projects can be tons of fun!
Nonstopdrivel (20-May) : I don't have any hospital responsibilities, just the endless onboarding process. I'm working on some research projects too.
TheKanataThrilla (18-May) : Is it vacation now NSD or do you still have hospital responsibilities?
Nonstopdrivel (16-May) : I'll be moving to Myrtle Beach in June.
TheKanataThrilla (16-May) : Congrats NSD. When are you moving?
Nonstopdrivel (15-May) : And thank you, everyone. Your kind words are much appreciated. It's been a long, long, long time in coming.
Nonstopdrivel (15-May) : Except that I'll be getting me Lombardi Trophy in the mail in a few weeks (Delayed by the idiotic coronavirus pan(Dem)ic, of course.
Cheesey (15-May) : Congrats NSD! I’m sorry u had to watch from home. Must feel like having a ticket to the super bowl, and watching on TV instead
yooperfan (14-May) : Congratulations NSD!
KRK (14-May) : Now you are truly Dr. NSD. Bravissimo
wpr (14-May) : Congratulations NSD. It's an honor in whatever form.
Nonstopdrivel (14-May) : my*
Nonstopdrivel (14-May) : Watching my medical school commencement from by living room. 😂
Cheesey (14-May) : My favorite position on the Packers is the PUNter!😝
Cheesey (14-May) : Does that mean I should be PUNished?🤪
Nonstopdrivel (12-May) : I'd say most of your puns recently have been more of a stretch than string cheese, but Nostridamus was a masterpiece. I wouldn't nominate it for a Pullitzer anyway.
Cheesey (12-May) : LOL Wayne! I appreciate your comment. You and Non made me feel my “cheesiness” is still worth something here.
wpr (12-May) : I will apologize Cheesey. I saw it and considered it to be the typical cheese spread. I failed to recognize the masterpiece of pun it truly is. mea culpa
Cheesey (12-May) : Nonstop, I honestly wondered if anyone would get it! And you probably were the only one! Good job!🤪
Nonstopdrivel (11-May) : "Nostridamus" -- that might be your best pun yet, not least because it took me almost an entire day to get it.
Cheesey (11-May) : Wayne...is she gonna keep YOU?😂
Cheesey (11-May) : Nostridamis told me that Booger was being released....from the end of my finger!😁
wpr (10-May) : last December. I think I'll keep her.
wpr (10-May) : Today's Mother's Day. My wife can watch whatever she wants. What was on our tv? Pride and Prejudice? Sense and Sensibility? Something on Hallmark Chanel? Nope. Star Trek, Dr Who and now Packers-Bears
Zero2Cool (10-May) : Both guys on MNF are replaced.
KRK (10-May) : Seriously, IMO he was excellent in the role he was in the previous year
KRK (10-May) : To be fair to the guy it snot all his fault.
Cheesey (10-May) : No “Booger?” I heard he was hand picked!😂
Nonstopdrivel (10-May) : Booger McFarland won't be back in the MNF booth this year. And there is much rejoicing.
Nonstopdrivel (10-May) : Happy Mothers Day to our resident Kevins: Zero2Cool and KRK.
Nonstopdrivel (10-May) : Nah, my record is squeaky clean. It's just a reminder of better times and bad mistakes.
KRK (10-May) : NSD, when you have a history of crime, it can't be easy :-)
beast (9-May) : A link to it on twitter
Nonstopdrivel (9-May) : Filling out background check applications is so fucking depressing.
KRK (9-May) : Beast, where did you see that...re Watson/Bears.
beast (9-May) : And PFT pulls back information from before his draft (including his own words), to suggest Watson might currently be mistaken.
beast (9-May) : Deshaun Watson tweets "The bears NEVER ONCE talked to me.." when aruging against the Bears evaluating him... on a discussion about teams choicing QB based on race.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Yup. Make it like week 11 or something. Have some Hall of Fame induction thing or something.
Nonstopdrivel (8-May) : I would rather the entire league took off the same week.
Cheesey (8-May) : I don’t like it either, Zero. But there’s not much we can do about it.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : It'd be more important if the BYE was later. I don't like how the NFL does their BYE weeks.
Smokey (8-May) : Week 5 Bye as important as a game !
Zero2Cool (7-May) : And now it's being said Vikings week 1 vs Packers.
buckeyepackfan (7-May) : @Colts wk1 @Saints wk3 @49r's wk5 Yikes! 😁
buckeyepackfan (7-May) : @Colts-wk1 @Saints wam
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2020 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 27 @ 7:20 PM
Saints
Monday, Oct 5 @ 7:15 PM
FALCONS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 PM
Texans
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Thursday, Nov 5 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
JAGUARS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 12:00 PM
Colts
Sunday, Nov 29 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 6 @ 3:25 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 12:00 PM
PANTHERS
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 7:20 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

8h / Random Babble / Cheesey

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / KRK

22h / Random Babble / TheKanataThrilla

26-May / Around The NFL / Cheesey

25-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

24-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23-May / Random Babble / KRK

22-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / all_about_da_packers

22-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

21-May / Random Babble / KRK

21-May / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / gbguy20

19-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

18-May / Random Babble / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2020 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.