bozz_2006
15 years ago
I think it's a 'show no weakness' strategy.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

As a group, the statistics would show a drop-off in play. Ted Thompson wasn't willing to acknowledge that yet.

"Let's wait until the season is over to do that," he said. "We've still got four games to go. That's something you look at when the season is over."

That was taken from ground to bits story posted Zero. Why can't Ted Thompson just admit he screwed up and say he will fix it in the off season. After reading that i don't see him doing much in FA but he will draft more players

"dhazer" wrote:

Injuries occurring doesn't constitute screwing up. Did he miss the boat on Harrell? I think so, but it's not too late for Harrell to come into his own and make a positive difference.

We weren't gonna pay seven or eight million for a Corey Williams type of player. That would be over paying and who knows, his performance may have dropped or he could have gotten injured as well.

Ted isn't afraid to admit his mistakes. He was very open about his mistake about the OL when he first got here. He said he needs to do better at solidifying the OL and should have done better job with it.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago
I still say we draft the two premier guards. I say both make an immediate and dramatic improvement to our offensive line. Why guards and not tackles? Availability. They will both probably be there when we draft. Couple my proposed move with the aquisition of Hayensworth, coupled with the return of Cullen Jenkins... well, I would feel one heckuva lot better about both sides of the line of scrimmage. I don't understand why some seem to think we need to address both sides of the line of scrimmage through free agency. Get our o-linemen, whichever number and/or position (again, I say guard because of instant impact vs. tackle and availability) through the draft and get our d-linemen through FA.

Duke Robinson Oklahoma- until last night a complete fat ass loser according to Pro football Weekly (Everyone else, the best in the business)--- this morning, not so much (Pro football weekly is frigging HIGH) 6'5" 330 lbs

Herman Johnson LSU-- a friggin' monster-- 6'5" or 6"7" dependent upon who you ask, 370 lbs. or 390 lbs. dependent upon what was on the buffet that week.

Albert Hayensworth--- Football madman---Time to pull a trigger, failure to do so prior to this was understandable...now, not so much.

You guys are now free to get and/or argue about anyone else through the draft, free agency, aquisition from the street, prison, whatever-- we get these three, we have solved many, many troubles, imo, not the least of which would be the complete shit-canning of the ZBS and it's appurtenant continued aquisition of non-corn-fed offensive linemen. Let the lightweights go play for some high-speed-low-drag offense elsewhere. I want the Pack playing simple hat on hat offense.

There is a possibility Ted could actually trade back a little to get Duke in the 1st, although after last night, that might have changed...damn, why did he have to be so friggin' good in the national spotlight. That sucks, imo.
Packnic
15 years ago
first of all... who said Ted Thompson wasn't gonna go into free agency this year anyway. Maybe Ted wanted to get a good base with young guys and rebuild the depth of this team.... and then go into free agency when it was a good market and he had plenty of cap. just cause he hasnt... doesnt mean he didnt want to or will never do so.

secondly. I'd rather have Peppers than Haynesworth. Haynesworth just seems to me like hes been playing for a contract and with his previous attitudes... it just seems like more of a risk. you could say the same thing about Peppers, but anyone that watched him knew that his bad year last year had something besides laziness attached to it. He looks bigger and stronger and fast this year than ever and last year it was like he had Mono the whole year or something. I also think that Peppers makes the most sense on this team as its structured right now. We need Pass Rush, and peppers is going to give you that more so than Haynesworth. Haynesworth is a make everyone else better kind of guy. Pep is THE guy.

I like the idea of Peppers, Jenkins, Pickett, Kampman
better than Jenkins, Haynesworth, Pickett, Kampman.

we know Jenkins can get pressure from inside, and Pickett isnt letting anyone through. Peppers and Kampman coming off the ends and we have some serious ... serious Pass rush which will make our LB's and secondary look like gods.
blank
dfosterf
15 years ago

first of all... who said Ted Thompson wasn't gonna go into free agency this year anyway. Maybe Ted wanted to get a good base with young guys and rebuild the depth of this team.... and then go into free agency when it was a good market and he had plenty of cap. just cause he hasnt... doesnt mean he didnt want to or will never do so.

secondly. I'd rather have Peppers than Haynesworth. Haynesworth just seems to me like hes been playing for a contract and with his previous attitudes... it just seems like more of a risk. you could say the same thing about Peppers, but anyone that watched him knew that his bad year last year had something besides laziness attached to it. He looks bigger and stronger and fast this year than ever and last year it was like he had Mono the whole year or something. I also think that Peppers makes the most sense on this team as its structured right now. We need Pass Rush, and peppers is going to give you that more so than Haynesworth. Haynesworth is a make everyone else better kind of guy. Pep is THE guy.

we know Jenkins can get pressure from inside, and Pickett isnt letting anyone through. Peppers and Kampman coming off the ends and we have some serious ... serious Pass rush which will make our LB's and secondary look like gods.

"Packnic" wrote:

How 'bout both of them? :thumbleft:
Packnic
15 years ago

"dfosterf" wrote:

How 'bout both of them? :thumbleft:

"Packnic" wrote:

while completely implausible... I think that would rank among the all time greatest Dlines in football.

Peppers, Jenkins, Haynesworth, Kampman.
Thompson, Cole, Pickett, Hunter.

I could play cornerback with that bunch up front, much less Al Harris and Chuck.
blank
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
We don't really NEED both of them if we can get Peppers to come here, and get Jenkins to stay healthy.

Pickett is just as big and strong as Haynesworth he just gets double teamed every down because Kamp is the only other factor on that line.
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
15 years ago

We don't really NEED both of them if we can get Peppers to come here, and get Jenkins to stay healthy.

Pickett is just as big and strong as Haynesworth he just gets double teamed every down because Kamp is the only other factor on that line.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

I think not. No disrespect to mr Pickett but Haynesworth is an absolute monster. I dont think i've ever seen such a huge DT as active and intimidating as him. Peppers is kind of like a little better KGB but if we could line up Pickett & Haynesoworth side by side, nobody will run on this team. They will both require double teams and whoever the middle linebacker is back there would have a field day. They would collapse the pocket every play and make the other team one dimensional. Peppers can be taken out of the game easily. He can be run on because he's so small and agressive just like KGB.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
True, I guess we could take Peppers out and put in Jenkins on running downs, even passing downs at that....I like Jenkins as a player and I don't think he would get much time if we had Peppers in his spot.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (8h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.