beast
4 years ago

Not yet....Gutey is 3/4 with FA picks...Ted, not so much.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Woodson, Pickett and Howard Greene, FAs that helped win a Superbowl... add marquel and manual and that's 3/4 too.

Also whom are you counting as Gute miss... Graham or Turner?
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
Gramm. Turner is an unknown.

Also, Gutey has been at the job two years? If the cupboard weren’t so bear, he wouldn’t have to have signed so many.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
I’m less interested in comparing Gary with Fackrell...both players rush the passer. I’m more interested in rushing the passer and stopping the run.

Coaches and GM’s nuance things and put their limitations on players, but first round draft choices, particularly those selected so early, should be contributing in a more meaningful way.

Good coaches find a way to use good players
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
yooperfan
4 years ago
I've said it before and I'll say it again.
I'm a Michigan fan who watches and reads all things Michigan.
Over the course of Gary's career at Michigan, in my wildest dreams, I never even remotely considered that Gary would ever be picked in the first round of the draft.
When the Packers picked him at the 12 spot I was in total shock and had to check his college highlights to see what I had missed during his Wolverine career.
I found that his highlight reel was very short, not anything that would indicate that this kid would be a first rounder.
Now we have a high first rounder that barely sees the field and when he does he just doesn't produce like a top draft pick is expected to.
It's too early to consider Gary a bust but from what I have seen of him through his college career and his rookie season in Green Bay I'm not expecting a lot of production from him.
gbguy20
4 years ago

I’m less interested in comparing Gary with Fackrell...both players rush the passer. I’m more interested in rushing the passer and stopping the run.

Coaches and GM’s nuance things and put their limitations on players, but first round draft choices, particularly those selected so early, should be contributing in a more meaningful way.

That last part. Not sure about you guys but I'm still waiting for Pettine to prove he's a good coach. He's got this reputation that I would really like to see him live up to soon. Preferably starting now. The last 6 weeks or so, I'm beginning to doubt it.
beast
4 years ago

1) Gary isn't a good player yet... that's this point, he's a developmental player at best... Gute drafts for long term potential, not right away potential...

2) They should be contributing in a meaningful way, but maybe not as rookies... some guys suck as rookies and become better players later.... Gary clearly needed development, he was not a ready to go pro player, yet some are trying to evaluate him as such. You got a problem more with Gute evaluation methods (and maybe for good reasons), but your not complaining about Gute (yet).

Also Gary is coming from a simply scheme to a more complex one, and doesn't he have a learning disability? Might take him a little longer to learn the scheme. While you got guys that know it and more ready and more versatile playing.

3) Gary and Fackrell you left out pass coverage... Gary is more of a first line front physical guy only good at being physical right now... Fackrell is more a second line versatile guy, that's closer to a jack of all trades.

UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
4 years ago

Gramm. Turner is an unknown.

Also, Gutey has been at the job two years? If the cupboard weren’t so bear, he wouldn’t have to have signed so many.

Ted took over in 2005 signed Manual in 2005,
Woodson and Pickett in 2006.
Howard Greene was a waiver pick up in 2010.

Back to topic

Someone Explain to me how you can call Gary a bust after 12 games, when he has been backing up the 2 high paid FA's

You would rather play Gary and sit one of the Smiths?

This is the same bullshit that has been going on for years

Player gets drafted by Green Bay
Player is expected to be the best at his position by the time the season starts or he is labeled a bust.

But hey, the Packershome experts have called him a bust
They are never wrong.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
I'm a Michigan fan who watches and reads all things Michigan.
Over the course of Gary's career at Michigan, in my wildest dreams, I never even remotely considered that Gary would ever be picked in the first round of the draft.
When the Packers picked him at the 12 spot I was in total shock and had to check his college highlights to see what I had missed during his Wolverine career.
I found that his highlight reel was very short, not anything that would indicate that this kid would be a first rounder.
Now we have a high first rounder that barely sees the field and when he does he just doesn't produce like a top draft pick is expected to.
It's too early to consider Gary a bust but from what I have seen of him through his college career and his rookie season in Green Bay I'm not expecting a lot of production from him.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

I'm more interested in evaluating players that are in their third season than players who haven't even finished their rookie season. I agree, way too early to label any rookie a bust. It takes three seasons to evaluate a player with some accuracy. Unfortunately, fan bases all over can tend to be quick on jumping the "bust" train or even quick to say "Hall of Fame".

I'm not worried about Gary. He gets to learn behind the two Smith's. That has to help.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
4 years ago

Wouldn't mind seeing more of this alignment! 👍
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (44m) : No.
Mucky Tundra (2h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (3h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (6h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (7h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (17h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.