Zero2Cool
4 years ago
The groupings were of what I've read here, Twitter, Facebook, and hear on the radio. Let's be clear on that. Having it bubble into the chat made it impossible to enjoy the game. I tried to fill it out, but it was just relentless and I let it effect me -- which is why I bolted.

Sorry we upset you Zero. But Rodgers was off yesterday, and he absolutely admitted it, and the stats agree. I didn't think it was a big deal that a WR dropped a tough pass that was too off target, just stating that it happened in my opinion.

Originally Posted by: beast 

He absolutely was off yesterday. The reason others are noticing it is because he threw the ball 55 times. Normally he's around low to mid 30's on pass attempts. The pass that 83 dropped was not tough to catch. It was tough to catch AND run with, but absolutely not a tough catch to make. The ball hit him square in the hands.

I can't find the play, but found this one from the first matchup. You'll notice 83 has to check up to catch the ball. If he is lead, this is a huge TD. This is a play that kind of shows what I mean when I say he's off. You got a guy with that speed, get some air under it and let your boy chase that shit down!
https://www.packers.com/video/can-t-miss-play-qb-rodgers-throws-deep-to-wr-valdes-scantling-for-46-yard-gain 
UserPostedImage
beast
4 years ago
And we as fans will disagree on things as times... and hopefully both sides can then drop it and move on.

Though it's kinda tough when one keeps bring it up, over and over and over again, especially when the other side has already tried to move on from the debate... I think that was the problem yesterday, was fans weren't willing to move on from the debate at the same time.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
4 years ago

The Lions were trying to stop the short stuff and daring them to throw long, and they attempted it then, where it was the correct call to try some bombs. As already mentioned, Graham dropped a ball, Adams got flagged for blocking early, and Rodgers missed one throw... one person was non-stop pissing on about the Adams flag and the fact that I said Rodgers missed one throw...

I don't believe my claim that Rodgers missing one throw was a big deal..

Currently only have time to respond to this part....but if you think Rodgers only missed on one throw you missed the last 3.5 quarters of the game.
beast
4 years ago

Currently only have time to respond to this part....but if you think Rodgers only missed on one throw you missed the last 3.5 quarters of the game.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Seriously? ... Com'on man... if you think someone is that off, don't you think there might be some context that you're not getting? The context of that post, is about the point before we pissed Zero2Cool off so much that he left...

After all, I was the Antagonist (as I said here)

As the "The Rodgers Antagonist" that I'm being called...

And here is how the Antagonist was playfully defined below

The Rodgers Antagonists - these fans feel Rodgers is to blame for everything, even their late rent payment. I speculate some of these fans began following the Packers in the late 80's or early 90's if not later and don't really know what shitty quarterbacks look like sporting Green and Gold.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

So if I'm blaming Rodgers for everything, do you really think I only saw one missed pass this last game? Com'on Man

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
4 years ago

Seriously? ... Com'on man... if you think someone is that off, don't you think there might be some contest that you're not getting? The contest of that post, is about the point before we pissed Zero2Cool off so much that he left...

After all, I was the Antagonist (as I said here)

And here is how the Antagonist was playfully defined below

So if I'm blaming Rodgers for everything, do you really think I only saw one missed pass this last game? Com'on Man

Great point. Excuse my earlier post.
Cheesey
4 years ago
The way I stated it was: this season, Rodgers accuracy has been off.
Deep throws have (more often then in past seasons) been noticeably off.
Is it just Rodgers, or is it the current set of WRs?
Maybe a combination of both.
They have ONE off week to figure it out and fix it, or it will be a wasted opportunity to win a championship.
UserPostedImage
beast
4 years ago

The way I stated it was: this season, Rodgers accuracy has been off.
Deep throws have (more often then in past seasons) been noticeably off.
Is it just Rodgers, or is it the current set of WRs?
Maybe a combination of both.
They have ONE off week to figure it out and fix it, or it will be a wasted opportunity to win a championship.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I don't think it's the WRs... though he does seem to be able to hit Adams well so it might be? ... though I think it's more a calmness thing, where he's calmer throwing to Adams, and that's more an earlier read... where throwing to the RB seems to be a later read for example.

Also I've wondered if learning and getting fully comfortable under pressure ... within a new scheme might be having some effect on Rodgers. Where he knew every single in and out of the old system... including where everyone would be, when things went wrong. Now learning the new system, and he might know it when things go right, but when things go wrong, could be a learning in progress still?

That or his arm/footwork is just a bit off for some reason.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
4 years ago
I swear, this is starting to remind me more and more of the end of the Favre era with every passing week. How vividly I remember that as Favre increasingly became a liability to the team, there was a contingent of fans who became increasingly shrill and strident in their insistence on blaming everyone but Favre for the team's problems—to the point that some of them (not to name names cough4PackGirlcough) effectively swore off the team after they finally moved on from Favre. It was embarrassing.

Those of you who persist in blaming this team's offensive inconsistency on miscommunication, think about what you're really saying. You're practically accusing an entire professional receiving corps of being such a bunch of retards that they can't master the terminology in LaFleur's playbook even after an entire season in his system. Either that, or you're saying Aaron Rodgers is such a piss-poor communicator that he still can't figure out how to successfully relay the playcalls this deep into the season. Yet week after week we see other teams accomplishing more with less.

Occam's Razor, people. Which is more probable: that the entire complement of Green Bay skill players consists of inept, low-IQ castoffs—or that one formerly other-worldly player is struggling, physically and mentally, to adjust to the decline of his skills and abilities as he ages in the wake of a series of season-ending injuries? For far too many years, Rodgers was forced to be The Man in Green Bay, and he developed a lot of bad habits into which we see him frequently relapse when the chips are down.

Moreover, assuming there really is an ongoing problem with miscommunication, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if a lot of those apparent communication miscues are caused by Rodgers' incessant last-second audibles and adjustments to disguised coverages. Maybe if he played a more up-tempo style and forced defenses to show their hands earlier, he wouldn't have to change so many plays at the line of scrimmage and his receivers would know where they were supposed to be. If rookie and third-string quarterbacks on other teams can figure out how to get on the same page as receivers they've hardly worked with, there's no reason to keep giving a supposedly elite quarterback like Aaron Rodgers a pass for his ongoing inability to adapt to changing realities.

In any case, it's obvious to me that this year LaFleur made the decision to compromise with Rodgers and run a hybrid system that featured a framework of his scheme combined with elements of Rodgers' preferred style. It's equally obvious which set of plays was more consistently successful. I'm hoping the LaFleur will put his foot down next year and run a purer version of his scheme, Rodgers' feelings on the matter be damned. Rodgers can get with the program or he can ride the pine for all I care. He claims he wants to play into his forties. Well, then he needs to start playing like a quarterback who wants to play into his forties, and the first step is to stop taking so many hits. Say what you want about Tom Brady, there's a reason he's lasted so long in this league.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
4 years ago

Randall Cobb? You have to be shitting me. The guy who only 3 players (includes WR,TE, HB) had more drops this season? Yeah, you're right. We should have inked him to a one year $5 million contract. Cobb was the 4th most targeted player on his team.
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I just find it hard to believe that having Cobb this year wouldn’t have helped (due to 3 of our 5 receivers sucking). If nothing else, Cobb knew what to do when the play was breaking down. Just another trusted receiver that Rodgers could’ve had.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (now) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (1h) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (6h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (6h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (13h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (13h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (13h) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (17h) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
43m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.