mi_keys
15 years ago

Yes Kampman was held on the last drive in the end zone. I saw it too and I was quite upset that it wasn't called.

I also saw Donald Lee clearly push off and it not get called on his touchdown catch. I guess you win some and lose some.

"porky88" wrote:

To be fair, receivers get away with that stuff all the time. In particular, I can recall Moss getting away with it quite vividly on a number of occasions from his Viking days. Also, we got fucked on that first Driver pass interference call.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Yes Kampman was held on the last drive in the end zone. I saw it too and I was quite upset that it wasn't called.

I also saw Donald Lee clearly push off and it not get called on his touchdown catch. I guess you win some and lose some.

"porky88" wrote:

Yeah I called the Lee push off live that's how obvious it was lol

I'm talking about the phantom holding call that killed our last drive.
UserPostedImage
djcubez
  • djcubez
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
15 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Yeah I called the Lee push off live that's how obvious it was lol

I'm talking about the phantom holding call that killed our last drive.

"porky88" wrote:

It's about at 9:45 in the highlight video. I cannot believe that they called THAT a hold on Moll. Unbelievable. Check 10:25 for the replay in slow-mo on Moll. Who the hell called that? That's LUDICROUS.
El3ment12
15 years ago
If that holding call isn't made its first and GOAL. instead it was 2nd and 17. That call decided the game, plain and simple. There was no holding, the announcers even said it. I just hate it when refs lose a game for us. You can argue we should have lost anyway, but thats not my point. That holding call lost the game for us after we got so much momentum.
Pack93z
15 years ago
The refs were very inconsistent overall yesterday, most of the time they call a game loose or tight and have a pretty even hand in how they call the game.. think a strike zone in baseball..

My problem with this crew was they were all over the place yesterday.. from ticking tack to players getting away with murder.. speaks volumes about the overall crew in general..

I refuse to use it as an excuse.. but I really think it is time for the NFL and their deep pockets to hire full time Refs that have a fear of losing their gig if they make too many mistakes... or something to that nature..

There was a litter of piss poor calls both ways in that game.. maybe it was too cold for them.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
I think some crystal-clear guidance needs to be handed down for the refs not to blow the whistle until they are absolutely sure the play is dead. If that means an extra second or two runs off the clock, so be it. If that means we see more fumbles and fewer down-by-contact calls, I'm fine with that. I'm sick of bad calls being ruled unreviewable because the whistle was blown prematurely.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago

I think some crystal-clear guidance needs to be handed down for the refs not to blow the whistle until they are absolutely sure the play is dead. If that means an extra second or two runs of the clock, so be it. If that means we see more fumbles and fewer down-by-contact calls, I'm fine with that. I'm sick of bad calls being ruled unreviewable because the whistle was blown prematurely.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Agreed.. in that case if the call is botched.. the teams have a chance to review it and correct it... premature ej.. errr whistle is a mortal sin in my book in terms of their job.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Packnic
15 years ago
look i understand missed calls happen. you have more players than you do refs and its just not possible for everything to get called 100% correct.
and I also understand that good teams over come these missed calls.

but why call a hold when there isn't one. You shouldn't be manufacturing calls. Tony Moll was clean as a whistle on that play and the ref manufactured a penalty. That should never happen.

and the Kampman hold in the endzone killed us. the ref was directly behind Matt Schaub when Kampman came roaring towards him. theres no excuse for missing that call. he as the head of that crew needs to be made an example of. Thats as clear a hold as you will ever see and they didn't call it, yet they manufacture a mythical hold on us the series before.

its inexcusable. I mean our defense is playing with some serious injuries and now we have to overcome missed calls. We complain about pressure, but we were getting pressure... they just cheated to stop the pressure and it wasn't called. Thats a critical play on a critical drive and they screwed us. the crew needs to be punished.

We need an all out referee reform almost as bad as we need tax reform. We need younger, more athletic refs that are paid full time to stay in physical and mental shape, just like the athletes they are supposed to police. I think they struggle to keep up with the pace of these athletes today. They need weekly meetings to correct their mistakes and make sure they are up on any rules that may go down in each game. Theres just too much time and money invested into this shit to have part time ref's in their mid 60's calling ball games.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago

but why call a hold when there isn't one. You shouldn't be manufacturing calls. Tony Moll was clean as a whistle on that play and the ref manufactured a penalty. That should never happen.

"Packnic" wrote:

That's why I fervently believe punitive penalties like these should be reviewable. If replay makes it obvious that the call is simply wrong, teams should be able to challenge it, or another official (or the booth) should be able to overrule it. I understand not wanting to undermine the authority of the refs, but that call truly was game changing.

Doesn't change the fact that the Packers still deserved to lose, though.
UserPostedImage
Packnic
15 years ago

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

That's why I fervently believe punitive penalties like these should be reviewable. If replay makes it obvious that the call is simply wrong, teams should be able to challenge it, or another official (or the booth) should be able to overrule it. I understand not wanting to undermine the authority of the refs, but that call truly was game changing.

Doesn't change the fact that the Packers still deserved to lose, though.

"Packnic" wrote:

I agree that every play should be reviewable. every play. I think the only way around that is my suggestion of ref review. if that doesn't work then its time to review every play.

but I don't agree that the Packers deserved to lose. anytime you are in a game at the end and you lose by three points. you did enough to get there, you just didnt close it out. We aren't gonna blow opponents out every week. Its the NFL. wins are wins and anytime you win you deserve it.
blank
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (16h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (16h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (19h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (20h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (22h) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
46m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.