Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dfosterf  
#51 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 10:48:27 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 428

Porky's list is extremely satisfying, but I gotta think some of those moves through a little bit. I AM going to do that, and it was an excellent post. In the meantime, I think if I HAD to have some immediate satisfaction, I would start firing some other staff, maybe so the players don't get paychecks, etc. Here is the link, including coaches, personnel folk, ticket staff, etc. This will help for easy reference when making shit-can lists.

For example, I want to fire Chris Kirby, Assistant Video Director.
Merry Christmas Chris, you are fired, bitch...hit the bricks. We are losing and YOU, Motherf###er are the first on my list to GO--- Assist your ass on outta here! (See, this does work to help alleviate some of the frustrations...it would be FUN to walk into some of these folks offices and blame them for our woes) Give it a try, here's the list:

Link:

Team Staff

This IS fun! :thumbleft:

This post is in jest, but the link IS excellent to read bio's etc. of coaches and staff... for example, maybe someone that got PROmoted from one position should be DEmoted when the subordinate FAILED in his job. You can see that type of thing there.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline dhazer  
#52 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 11:15:02 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 203

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
damn you're fast 93... got all the info and links and bam you got it posted already.

as far as firing Sanders... it never really seemed like the guy was picked for the job anyway... just kind of given the reigns because he worked with a very good DC in Bates. I don't think that warrants a job necessarily and when your D has regressed as badly as this one (injuries and all) I don't really see why we would keep him.

my wishlist is that Thompson knew this would be a tough restructuring year all along and was planning on this upcoming offseason being the one that he really puts his stamp on.

what good is a hundred and a touch when you lose the game? He isn't pacing the team

Geesh kinda sounds like a few players on this team but you warrant those.

What good is a good passer rating if we lose the game?

Im not picking on a certain player but why the double standard? Thats why i posted this.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline bozz_2006  
#53 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 11:41:55 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 20
Applause Received: 14

Porky's list is extremely satisfying, but I gotta think some of those moves through a little bit. I AM going to do that, and it was an excellent post. In the meantime, I think if I HAD to have some immediate satisfaction, I would start firing some other staff, maybe so the players don't get paychecks, etc. Here is the link, including coaches, personnel folk, ticket staff, etc. This will help for easy reference when making shit-can lists.

For example, I want to fire Chris Kirby, Assistant Video Director.
Merry Christmas Chris, you are fired, bitch...hit the bricks. We are losing and YOU, Motherf###er are the first on my list to GO--- Assist your ass on outta here! (See, this does work to help alleviate some of the frustrations...it would be FUN to walk into some of these folks offices and blame them for our woes) Give it a try, here's the list:

Link:

Team Staff

This IS fun! :thumbleft:

This post is in jest, but the link IS excellent to read bio's etc. of coaches and staff... for example, maybe someone that got PROmoted from one position should be DEmoted when the subordinate FAILED in his job. You can see that type of thing there.

hahaha. Hey Chris Kirby, don't leave quite yet... Duke Bobber, Public Relations/Internet Intern has a bunch of shit to carry out as he walks a few blocks down the road to see if K-Mart has any use for a freshly fired Public Relations/Internet Intern.
UserPostedImage
Offline dannychau22  
#54 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2008 11:59:25 PM(UTC)
dannychau22

fire sanders and bring in nolan!
blank
Offline macbob  
#55 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 1:42:41 AM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 304
Applause Received: 252

I just want a win over the Lions. Please, for the love of GOD do not lose to the Lions.

And the Bears...
UserPostedImage
Offline RaiderPride  
#56 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 2:43:54 AM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 119
Applause Received: 209

I just want a win over the Lions. Please, for the love of GOD do not lose to the Lions.

i know. if there's anything as bad as going 0-16, it's being the team that lost to a 1-15 club.

If the Packers are the only team that the Lions beat this year, well they should get the second overall pick in the draft out of pitty.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline NormaL  
#57 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 3:56:11 AM(UTC)
NormaL

So, new drinking game. Watch the locker room interview with Sanders at Packers.com.....everytime he says "ya know" take a drink. I promise you'll be so wasted you won't give a shit what the defense does next week.

Edit: Dear lord, it's contagious. Tramon Williams Must be spending to much time with Sanders.
UserPostedImage
You want to finish your career here?

Favre: "Definitely. If in two years, say, they want to trade me, I'd probably walk away. Retire."
Offline warhawk  
#58 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 3:00:39 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 227

Porky,
I am not sure I would go for letting both of our OT's go when we don't have the sure-fire guys to replace them that would be an improvement. I could see it if they felt Duke Robinson was ready and moved Colledge to Tackle. Robinson goes over 330lbs and they say he is far and away the best guard in the draft.

I am also not a M. Johnson fan. He is an underachiever that would cost a first round pick and we did that before and got nothin' out of the guy. Too risky.

I would prefer Hardy from Mississippi or Graham from Michigan who are both big and fast and get to the QB.

I agree with a new DC that gives less responsibility to the LB's and cuts them loose more and is more aggressive.

I like the Haynesworth idea along with another good DE on the right side. With Jenkins and Haynesworth pushing from the middle can you imagine how many opportunities our corners and DB's would have?
"The train is leaving the station."
Offline dfosterf  
#59 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 3:21:27 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Porky,
I am not sure I would go for letting both of our OT's go when we don't have the sure-fire guys to replace them that would be an improvement. I could see it if they felt Duke Robinson was ready and moved Colledge to Tackle. Robinson goes over 330lbs and they say he is far and away the best guard in the draft.

I am also not a M. Johnson fan. He is an underachiever that would cost a first round pick and we did that before and got nothin' out of the guy. Too risky.

I would prefer Hardy from Mississippi or Graham from Michigan who are both big and fast and get to the QB.

I agree with a new DC that gives less responsibility to the LB's and cuts them loose more and is more aggressive.

I like the Haynesworth idea along with another good DE on the right side. With Jenkins and Haynesworth pushing from the middle can you imagine how many opportunities our corners and DB's would have?

Duke Robinson!!! I have a fellow devotee!!! Now, I just gotta talk to you about ONE more guard, gettable possibly with our BF draft pick.. (Robinson would probably mean a trade back in the first-- his stock DID just "re-rise" after Saturday)

HERMAN Johnson Guard for LSU--- many scouts say he's TOO big... He has got to be looked at... he is a MONSTER

Our new assistant head coach/d coordinator should be Haynesworth's boss.
If he is somehow not promoted to Head Coach--- pay him BIG bucks, give him TOTAL control... whatever... the PERFECT solution, especially if we are trying to get Albert, as Albert loves the man.

Jim Swartz, DC Tennessee they run the 4-3 they run bump and run man-to-man mostly Albert would want to follow...

Question of the offseason... Can Colledge block the Jared Allen's of the NFL ? Scary stuff, there.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Packnic  
#60 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 3:33:58 PM(UTC)
Packnic

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 6

hmmm Jim Swartz is an interesting name because as you point out its a fairly similiar defense. I think if we added Haynesworth and Swartz... our D would automatically be better than Tennessee has been this year and thats saying something right there. I think we have a better compliment of players out there with the exception of our Dline. I still cant help but drool at the possibility (as remote as it may be) of Peppers and Albert.
Do you realize how much pressure would be asserted with a line up like that. Peppers, Jenkins, Haynesworth, Kampman. GOOD GOD MAN!.

problem is signing him away... Ted and the Titans GM are good friends and im not sure we rob them of their two most important aspects because of that.

lets start the campaign now.... MAY THE SWARTZ BE WITH YOU!
blank
Offline warhawk  
#61 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 4:11:39 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 227

Porky,

Duke Robinson!!! I have a fellow devotee!!! Now, I just gotta talk to you about ONE more guard, gettable possibly with our Brett Favre draft pick.. (Robinson would probably mean a trade back in the first-- his stock DID just "re-rise" after Saturday)

HERMAN Johnson Guard for LSU--- many scouts say he's TOO big... He has got to be looked at... he is a MONSTER

Our new assistant head coach/d coordinator should be Haynesworth's boss.
If he is somehow not promoted to Head Coach--- pay him BIG bucks, give him TOTAL control... whatever... the PERFECT solution, especially if we are trying to get Albert, as Albert loves the man.

Jim Swartz, DC Tennessee they run the 4-3 they run bump and run man-to-man mostly Albert would want to follow...

Question of the offseason... Can Colledge block the Jared Allen's of the NFL ? Scary stuff, there.

Johnson and Robinson in the same lineup would be insane. Your looking at two guards bigger than the Tackles. They say Johnson is a second rounder so who knows? I doubt Ted takes guards in the first AND second though. That would be unheard of in the NFL.

Rodgers might have to incorporate a nine step drop just to see over those two monsters.

I do like that we will get three picks in the first two rounds unless the Jets fold and choke. This is a pretty strong draft class with some good DE's and OL being pretty deep. I like how it's shaping up for us.
"The train is leaving the station."
Offline flep  
#62 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 5:03:17 PM(UTC)
flep

United Kingdom

Applause Given: 58
Applause Received: 60

3 Vikings losses
2 Bear defeats
And a First place for the mighty Green Bay

Pity I couldn't have used

5 Superbowl rings!!!!!!!!!!!!! (If only we had beat Denver)
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 30 years

UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
Offline porky88  
#63 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 6:19:05 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 194
Applause Received: 409

Porky,

Basically I would sign a free agent tackle and guard. Maybe Jordan Gross and then I would trade up and for sure grab another tackle which means the replacements for Clifton and Tauscher aren't even on the roster yet if I get my way :lol:
Offline dfosterf  
#64 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 6:24:18 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Right now we are in the 10th spot in the draft... For avid Ted Thompson followers, that equates to 1300 points in the draft value chart. I have been looking this over extensively... we will have a fun draft, I can almost guarantee it, IF we stay where we are position-wise.

draft tek is quite informative and interesting ...

Oher falling to us in a consensus simulation? No complaints from me.

DRAFTEK
UserPostedImage

Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#65 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 10:34:04 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Rodgers might have to incorporate a nine step drop just to see over those two monsters.

This made me laugh out loud. :physassult:

As long as our QB wasn't running for his life all the time, I wouldn't complain.
UserPostedImage
Offline Yerko  
#66 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:32:00 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 261

My list is small and short term...

Please start Brandon Jackson at running back. Give the kid the ball and let him run.

How do you say that after Grant has a pretty good game? Over 100 yards and a TD...

One good game means nothing to me. You give Grant the ball he puts his shoulder down and falls for a gain of 3. Jackson fights for every yard. All I was saying is give the guy a chance with 3 games left. When he is in the game, big things happen.

If you watch closely, Grant misses a nice cut back way too much in my opinion. Instead of the cutback he runs into the pile...he is pedestrian and not what he was last year.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed