I love the we have the same defense argument!! I have been asking people to provide starters from last year to this year and no one will do it..So here it is
Starters on D last year in the nfcg game
Now lets take last weeks game starters on D
Okay there we go..
what has been the biggest issue this year? Pass rush and stopping the run
Break it down fellas and tell me your thoughts
Today's Injury report: (GBP Gazette), along w/other tidbits. This one is ugly. Justin's parts are bustin' again, you may note:
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Here are the injury updates and other newsy updates from coach Mike McCarthy's media conference:
* Injury report: S Atari Bigby (shoulder,out), LB Brandon Chillar (groin, limited), LT Chad Clifton (knees, full participation), FB Korey Hall (knee, DNP), DT Justin Harrell (hip, DNP), LB Danny Lansanah (arm/ankle, limited), DT Ryan Pickett (illness, limited participation), RT Mark Tauscher (knee, out), DE Jeremy Thompson (ankle, limited), CB Charles Woodson (toe, limited).
* On Harrell's injury: Had a bothersome hip for weeks. Has gotten to point where Dr. McKenzie felt needed to shut down today and Thursday. Will test Friday.
* On Hall's prospects: Potential test on Friday. Status hasn't changed. Will be a challenge to be ready. Hall thinks he will make it, though.
* On secondary: Plan is to keep Woodson at safety.
* On RB Brandon Jackson's lack of action: Thought Ryan Grant was in a rhythm. Wanted more runs in general.
* On Grant's performance: Last five, six weeks running football better in general. That includes Grant.
* On Bigby's shoulder: "He's feeling better." Thinks he can overcome shoulder, perhaps next week. Also has ankle issue.
* On how Aaron Rodgers has handled late-game situations: Thinks that's a postseason conversation. Hasn't been spots in games where looked in eyes and had to go a different direction. Missed 2-3 throws in a segment in last game -- that happens, not a big deal. Hasn't had to pull back and be conservative with him.
* Need a game where leads to win: "I think all quarterbacks need that. ... Your football team needs that." Need to stack successes, and haven't done that.
* On whether Breno Giacomini would be backup right tackle on Monday: Not ready to say yet. Giacomini has practiced well. Going against Aaron Kampman has helped him. Very pleased with his progress. But Allen Barbre probably would be next player in, before Giacomini.
* On whether losing has snowballed: Have bad record, but "I don't think we're a bad team. I think there are a lot of positives on our team." Need to improve on those positives. When one side doesn't get it done, other has to pick it up.
* On avoiding letdown when season's over: Practiced hard today. Tempo was in plus category, as has been all year. That's the job of the coaches. "We don't have an effort problem, never have. ... Our guys play hard."
* What talk about with guys motivationally? "It's time to fight our way out of this whole we created." Fully expects to fight and win on Sunday.
That's it for now.
-- Tom Pelissero, firstname.lastname@example.org
posted by PackersNews.com at 12:55 PM | 3 Comments
Chillar looks iffy again, practice squad additions
Linebacker Desmond Bishop, who made his first career start on Sunday against the Houston Texans, could be line for a second straight start this week against Jacksonville. That's because Brandon Chillar (groin) was limited at best in practice. Chillar was injured in practice a week ago and was inactive against the Texans.
Others who appeared either limited or out were:
S Atari Bigby
CB Charles Woodson
FB Korey Hall
S Nick Collins
LB Danny Lansanah
DT Ryan Pickett
DT Johnny Jolly
DE Jeremy Thompson
We'll have the full injury report at the conclusion of practice.
Roster moves: The Packers signed three players to their practice squad.
* CB Joshua Abrams, a rookie from Ohio University.
* RB Steven Korte, a rookie from LSU.
* DT Fred Bledsoe, who returns for his second stint with the Packers.
-- Rob Demovsky, email@example.com
posted by PackersNews.com at 12:27 PM | 0 Comments