Cheesey
15 years ago
Yes, Favre belongs in the HOF.
But, as has been said before, the QB gets too much credit for a win, and too much blame for a loss.
Do you not remember the MANY times Favre threw an INT at a crucial time in a game? He was by no means perfect.
Rodgers hasn't been perfect......far from it. But for a 1st year starter, he's done very well. Our D has let the team down more times then i thought was possible.
And when Aaron Rodgers got the team into position for a game winning FG in Minnesota, Crosby missed it.
It seems every bad bounce has hit us this year.
Look at Garrad fumbling at our goal line, only to have the football bounce right back to him.
That was the game.
Rodgers hasn't been perfect, but has done enough to win games......then the rest of the TEAM lets him (and us) down. Aaron Rodgers should be cut SOME slack........his first year, and he has twice as many TD's as INT's. Thats pretty darn impressive to me.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago

Well, we averaged 26.5 points a game which I would think would be enough, don't you? Regardless of what drive they got them.

"warhawk" wrote:

Do I believe that 25 pts a game should be enough? Absolutely.

Do I believe the second half of the year, most of our issues stem from the defensive side of the ball? Again, without a doubt.

Do I believe there are times when a unit is struggling that the other unit needs to pick up its game and "carry" the struggling one? Yes again.

My point is, we lost as a team, Aaron and the offense is part of this team. Take this past Sunday, the defense was holding its own in the first half, the offense didn't put the game away or build a lead. Do I blame the offense for the loss, no, but could they have sealed the game with another score or two instead of struggling themselves? Yes.

Good teams have a balance in which another unit can make up or "carry" a struggling unit for some time. Early in the season, the offense could sustain drives and the defense was playing decently except in stopping the run, but my point is both units haven't seem to hit at the same time this season.. one or the other was struggling and neither were strong enough to carry the opposite.

I like the kid, he has shown me a ton this season. Heart, durability, fire and poise.. I think he will be a fine QB for many years.. but to this point, he hasn't seemed to be able to lift the offense up enough to carry a struggling defense..

Do I think he should be able to week in and out, no. But I would think in this second half, with the talent on this offense, that he would have been able to accomplish it at least once. Seal a game away or make a momentum changing play once over the course of the last 7 weeks...

Again.. it is naive to think it would have "saved" the season or to expect it weekly.. but he hasn't done it once yet.

With that it still remains a question, can he in the crunch? When we have no other choice but to win the game in the end.

I don't blame him or the offense for the struggles this season.. but there is room for growth. Even he stated in after Sunday.. so why is it so hard for us as fans to accept it?
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
longtimefan
15 years ago

If ever a year showed you win as a team and lose as a team it's this year for the Packers. How many games did Rodgers walk off the field late in the game with a lead only to stand on the sidelines and watch the defense piss it away?

"Da_Roddy" wrote:

Curious, how many times did Rodgers lead a drive that would have put a cushion on the lead late in a game?

I haven't looked it up or tried to be cute.. I really wonder how many times Rodgers and this offense had an opportunity to seal away a victory with an additional score late.. instead of playing the we can't stop the routine on defense.

I don't pin the losses to Rodgers alone.. we as a team didn't pick each other up when the other segment failed. And neither the offense or the defense gave the other a margin of breathing room.. minus one game.. the Bears game. Neither unit ran hot together.. if the defense was on.. the offense struggled.. or vicey versey.. it never clicked.

I like the future of the Packers.. without a doubt, we have work to do and points of players games that need refining and growth.

As a board, we seem to think anytime a player is criticized that it is throwing them under the bus.. when in fact it is merely a acknowledgment of areas of the game in which it can be improved upon.

"warhawk" wrote:

Well, we averaged 26.5 points a game which I would think would be enough, don't you? Regardless of what drive they got them.

"pack93z" wrote:

I believe some of the Sherman team's defenses gave up something like that and the Packers had 10 wins when the QB, He Who Can Not Be Named was here, but I'm too lazy to look it up. I remember the Pack having to score like 30 points and over to win football games in those years.

"warhawk" wrote:

Note these are actual offensive tds, passing or running

2005-offense--270 points = 17 per game...defense 298 points = 19 per game

2004 offense---387 points= 24 per game...defense 380 points= 24 per game

2003 offense---419 points = 26 per game...defense 307 points= 19 per game

2002 offense-- 371 points= 23 per game...defense 328 points= 20 per game

2001 offense-- 361 points= 23 per game...defense 266 points = 17 per game

2000 offense-- 337 points= 21 per game...defense 323 points= 20 points per game

the D has allowed 20 points per game in Sherman years

the offense averaged about 23 per game in Sherman years
warhawk
15 years ago

If ever a year showed you win as a team and lose as a team it's this year for the Packers. How many games did Rodgers walk off the field late in the game with a lead only to stand on the sidelines and watch the defense piss it away?

"Da_Roddy" wrote:

Curious, how many times did Rodgers lead a drive that would have put a cushion on the lead late in a game?

I haven't looked it up or tried to be cute.. I really wonder how many times Rodgers and this offense had an opportunity to seal away a victory with an additional score late.. instead of playing the we can't stop the routine on defense.

I don't pin the losses to Rodgers alone.. we as a team didn't pick each other up when the other segment failed. And neither the offense or the defense gave the other a margin of breathing room.. minus one game.. the Bears game. Neither unit ran hot together.. if the defense was on.. the offense struggled.. or vicey versey.. it never clicked.

I like the future of the Packers.. without a doubt, we have work to do and points of players games that need refining and growth.

As a board, we seem to think anytime a player is criticized that it is throwing them under the bus.. when in fact it is merely a acknowledgment of areas of the game in which it can be improved upon.

"warhawk" wrote:

"pack93z" wrote:

I believe some of the Sherman team's defenses gave up something like that and the Packers had 10 wins when the QB, He Who Can Not Be Named was here, but I'm too lazy to look it up. I remember the Pack having to score like 30 points and over to win football games in those years.

"warhawk" wrote:

We also did not beat a single team with a winning record that year either. Not one which tells me that the 10 wins had a lot more to do with who we played than who was behind center.

This year we have played 10 games against teams with a winning record.

Big difference in the competition in these two years.
"The train is leaving the station."
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago

We also did not beat a single team with a winning record that year either. Not one which tells me that the 10 wins had a lot more to do with who we played than who was behind center.

"warhawk" wrote:

+1 for being a voice of reason.

And in answer to Da_Roddy or whatever your screen name is, sure, put Favre in the Hall of Fame. I'm still not going to genuflect before his shrine.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
15 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

Do I believe that 25 pts a game should be enough? Absolutely.

Do I believe the second half of the year, most of our issues stem from the defensive side of the ball? Again, without a doubt.

Do I believe there are times when a unit is struggling that the other unit needs to pick up its game and "carry" the struggling one? Yes again.

My point is, we lost as a team, Aaron and the offense is part of this team. Take this past Sunday, the defense was holding its own in the first half, the offense didn't put the game away or build a lead. Do I blame the offense for the loss, no, but could they have sealed the game with another score or two instead of struggling themselves? Yes.

Good teams have a balance in which another unit can make up or "carry" a struggling unit for some time. Early in the season, the offense could sustain drives and the defense was playing decently except in stopping the run, but my point is both units haven't seem to hit at the same time this season.. one or the other was struggling and neither were strong enough to carry the opposite.

I like the kid, he has shown me a ton this season. Heart, durability, fire and poise.. I think he will be a fine QB for many years.. but to this point, he hasn't seemed to be able to lift the offense up enough to carry a struggling defense..

Do I think he should be able to week in and out, no. But I would think in this second half, with the talent on this offense, that he would have been able to accomplish it at least once. Seal a game away or make a momentum changing play once over the course of the last 7 weeks...

Again.. it is naive to think it would have "saved" the season or to expect it weekly.. but he hasn't done it once yet.

With that it still remains a question, can he in the crunch? When we have no other choice but to win the game in the end.

I don't blame him or the offense for the struggles this season.. but there is room for growth. Even he stated in after Sunday.. so why is it so hard for us as fans to accept it?

"warhawk" wrote:

Well, I thought he executed a beautiful drive against Houston that included some key passes and he used his feet twice to get first downs I believe. Can't say he choked when the refs screw you over like that after you've gotten your team down to the five yard line.

I thought he did a good job in the drive against the Vikes but the play calling on the last two plays (which he didn't make) hurt there.

I believe in both the Carolina game and Jacksonville we couldn't take the kickoff back further than the 15 yard line with a minute thirty and like one time out left.

We better draft GOD if we feel a need for a QB to pull our butts out of a fire that hot.

So the way I look at this pulling out a late win controversy is that it is with GREAT MISFORTUNE he is not 2-4 and a couple of the four shouldn't really count against him.

I mean if he get's the ball with a minute to go and 90 yards and one or no timeouts especially needing a TD is that going to count? I mean maybe some people are still on the edge of their seat in this case but I can tell you my fat butt's in the refrigerator.
"The train is leaving the station."
dhazer
15 years ago
All i can say is i wish we would have won some games this year so we don't get another off season of Brett and the Packers. Anyone with a brain knows it's coming specially if the Jets make the playoffs. NOONE knows what was all really said in the past offseason and maybe in 20 years the government will make the Packers release the full details lol. So cmon guys lets talk about Packer football and stop with all the arguements, the boards are actually getting boring because its all the same crap in every post. Do i like TT, Mike McCarthy or Rodgers well thats pretty much a known fact, but im sick of all the same comments being made.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago
Fair enough War.. we are dicing the onion into very fine pieces with the whole concept in the first place.

All I hope is that we kick the crap out of the Bears Monday Night and start the momentum for a solid offseason and beyond.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dhazer
15 years ago

I would be curious to know if a team that has scored as much as the Packers have this season has ever had such a bad record in the history of the NFL.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I'm looking up point differentials nows and so far i have found:

2008 Chargers actually are worse than us with +44 and (6-8)
2006 interesting Seahawks -6 playoffs, Giants -7 playoffs
2004 KC Chiefs were +48 and finished (7-9)
2003 Tampa +37 (7-9), 49ers +47 (7-9)
2002 Jags +13 (6-10)
2001 Chargers +11 (5-11)
2000 Jags +40 (7-9)
hows this 1998 Cards -53 (9-7)

well enough of that hope that is what you were looking for
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
15 years ago
It all goes back to one or two plays can change a game.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (2h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (2h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (2h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (18h) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (18h) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (18h) : fuck
beast (19h) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (19h) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (20h) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (20h) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (20h) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (20h) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (20h) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (20h) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (20h) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (21h) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (22h) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (22h) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (22h) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (22h) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
now / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.