brnt247
15 years ago

I really don't like Jaws. He has a nasty habit of blowing any QB who is playing well. He is one of the biggest examples of fair weather fan, at least when it comes to QBs.

I think Rodgers is going to be a good QB. I like the way he spreads the ball around. That is something that it usually takes a starter a couple years to get to that point. Favre didn't start doing that until 95'.

"Rios39" wrote:

I don't listen to anything Jaws says anymore, Hell according to him when you watch a game he is doing the qbs are the best in the nfl. And im glad he can see the future lol he is saying we have our qb for the next 10 years so Rodgers is going to have a 14 year career atleast gimmie a damn break.
He need to get his lips off Rodgers Ass, Rodgers has enough to deal with without having some guy kissing his ass.

"dhazer" wrote:

He means Rodgers has all the tools to be a great QB for 10 or more years. I don't know why that is so hard for you to comprehend.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

When was the last time you saw an insightful post by him?
blank
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
I like this article, and I like Jaws. He has great opinions on QBs IMO, and he is usually right.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Anyone who tells Kornheiser to shut up on the air is fine in my book.

Please tell me ESPN has no plans to renew Kornheiser's MNF contract. The guy has shot his wad and needs to go away.
UserPostedImage
djcubez
15 years ago

Some of the problems hes had are symptomatic of a young quarterback on the field. Obviously hes had a few years to learn, but hes still basically a rookie on the field. So you see some bad decisions. What I see from him lately is trying to make plays that arent there, which is probably pressing like a lot of the guys (on the Packers) seem to be. When you get in the tailspin theyre in you try to make everything perfect, and in this league you cant do that. Hes kind of, as of late, trying to force plays, and sometimes you end up being embarrassed by that. Hes pressed a little bit."

Best quote ever. This pretty much sums up the 1-6 post-bye record this season in my opinion. Especially after putting so much effort into a close game against the Titans.
Orygunfan76
15 years ago
Rodgers has played well and so has Orton. Both have far exceeded the expectations that most had for them before the season started. The only differences I see is that Rodgers has an elite group of receivers(one of the best in the NFC) and and the luxury of taking over a solid 13-3 team as where Orton had to work with a very mediocre 7-9 team with a patchwork o-line, a rookie starting RB, who BTW, actually turned out to be an excellent 2nd rnd pick(who knew?) and no real #1 or even #2 receiver for that matter. I think Jaws is an idiot to say one is the long term answer and the other is solid but not the long term answer. I definitely agree that Rodgers is a long term answer for the Packers but I also think that Orton is for the Bears when healthy. He neglects to mention that Orton started his poor play after coming off a pretty bad ankle injury, and has been slowly getting better each week. I do share his hate for Kornholer though. Jaws is somewhat of a douchewaffle and a a flipflopper when it comes to his "opinions".
blank
dhazer
15 years ago

I really don't like Jaws. He has a nasty habit of blowing any QB who is playing well. He is one of the biggest examples of fair weather fan, at least when it comes to QBs.

I think Rodgers is going to be a good QB. I like the way he spreads the ball around. That is something that it usually takes a starter a couple years to get to that point. Favre didn't start doing that until 95'.

"brnt247" wrote:

I don't listen to anything Jaws says anymore, Hell according to him when you watch a game he is doing the qbs are the best in the nfl. And im glad he can see the future lol he is saying we have our qb for the next 10 years so Rodgers is going to have a 14 year career atleast gimmie a damn break.
He need to get his lips off Rodgers Ass, Rodgers has enough to deal with without having some guy kissing his ass.

"Rios39" wrote:

He means Rodgers has all the tools to be a great QB for 10 or more years. I don't know why that is so hard for you to comprehend.

"dhazer" wrote:

When was the last time you saw an insightful post by him?

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

Well take off your blinders and look it up buddy, how many qbs have a 14 yr pro career thats what i was saying.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
brnt247
15 years ago
Active QB's with 14 years

Kerry Collins
Gus Frerotte
Mark Brunell
Brad Johnson
Brett Favre
Todd Collins

I may even have left a few out.

Rodgers has already thrown more TD's in a season than Kerry Collins, Gus Frerotte, Brad Johnson, and Todd Collins ever have in a season. He has thrown 23 and in Brunell's highest TD season he threw 23. So assuming Rodgers gets one more TD, in his first season as a starter he's thrown more TD's than any of these QB's have thrown in a single season besides Favre.

Thank you and good night. Next time you try to call me out try looking up what you are talking about before you do, lazy.
blank
dhazer
15 years ago

Active QB's with 14 years

Kerry Collins
Gus Frerotte
Mark Brunell
Brad Johnson
Brett Favre
Todd Collins

I may even have left a few out.

Rodgers has already thrown more TD's in a season than Kerry Collins, Gus Frerotte, Brad Johnson, and Todd Collins ever have in a season. He has thrown 23 and in Brunell's highest TD season he threw 23. So assuming Rodgers gets one more TD, in his first season as a starter he's thrown more TD's than any of these QB's have thrown in a single season besides Favre.

Thank you and good night. Next time you try to call me out try looking up what you are talking about before you do, lazy.

"brnt247" wrote:

Ok i don't see Collins playing, or Brunell, or Johnson. But not bad you came up with 5 qbs out of what a few hundred ya i see your point. Using Todd Collins was good lol you kinda helped back my point. Collins has played in 44 games in his 13 yr career and had made a total 651 attempts yaaaaaaaaa lol. If i was Rodgers i would be pissed that you would compare me to him lol.

Kerry Collins not a bad comparison but i would hope under Rodgers current contract he plays more full seasons than him seeing counting this year he will have played 16 games 4 times :thumbright:

Brad Johnson:
2 full seasons out of 16 not bad see above lol

Mark Brunell
another 3 full seasons

oops amost forgot Mr. Gus Frerotte

14 years 5 full seasons :thumbright:

Please please don't tell me you would honestly compare Rodgers to them and yes i know i didn't compare him to our former qb because that wouldn't be fair.

So please don't make it easy on me to pick your facts apart, do a little research not hard, heres a hint NFL.Com lol
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
brnt247
15 years ago
Comparing him to them? These are quarterbacks who have stayed in the league for 14+ years. You said Rodgers won't be in the league for 14+ years. So wtf are you talking about... Rodgers obviously has the talent to play in the league for that long. That was Jaws initial statement and you shot it down, and now you're not even making coherent arguments.
blank
dhazer
15 years ago

Comparing him to them? These are quarterbacks who have stayed in the league for 14+ years. You said Rodgers won't be in the league for 14+ years. So wtf are you talking about... Rodgers obviously has the talent to play in the league for that long. That was Jaws initial statement and you shot it down, and now you're not even making coherent arguments.

"brnt247" wrote:

So you are saying Rodgers is good enough to ride the pine for 9 years out of 14 ok got ya .
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dhazer (30m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.