Stevetarded
15 years ago

Rodgers gets us into game winning FG position, and it's blocked.
Will people blame this one on him too???
He did his job.

"dhazer" wrote:

Just out of curiosity how did Rodgers get us in winning FG position? If i was watching the same game we were in FG position after the kick return and the horse collar? I said that in chat last night in chat. I could be wrong i might have been watching a different game maybe lol.

I want to throw in here that i am not hating o Rodgers i clearly put this on Mike McCarthy totally. You watch the Giants game sunday night, the steelers game the week before, they don't settle for the fg they keep driving the ball down the field until they score a td or have to kick a very short fg.

"Cheesey" wrote:

After the return it would have been a 52 yard FG.
blank
Stevetarded
15 years ago

I hate to say it, but Brett Favre gave you those intangibles that helped you win games.

"Fred" wrote:

Then why do you keep saying it?

And where are those "intangibles" this year?

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Because it's the truth.

The intangibles this year were the games you saw against Tennesse and New England.

As Carl Banks said, "Sometimes you have coaches that are trying to run a system that doesn't fit a particular players skill set". "Sometimes, when you have a guy like Brett Favre you have to let him control the game the way he sees fit and not try to put a square peg into a round hole like Eric Mangin is..you have to let a player and an offense get into its flow (or rhythm)".

"Fred" wrote:

Chucking a bomb on 4th and 2 sounds more to me like a Favre style play than Mangini
blank
Fred
15 years ago
That's not true at all.

He threw picks when he was trying to lead his team back from a deficit. They weren't hail mary passes at all. Why make stuff up?

It happens to the best of them. But there's no need to lie.
blank
Fred
15 years ago

I hate to say it, but Brett Favre gave you those intangibles that helped you win games.

"Stevetarded" wrote:

Then why do you keep saying it?

And where are those "intangibles" this year?

"Fred" wrote:

Because it's the truth.

The intangibles this year were the games you saw against Tennesse and New England.

As Carl Banks said, "Sometimes you have coaches that are trying to run a system that doesn't fit a particular players skill set". "Sometimes, when you have a guy like Brett Favre you have to let him control the game the way he sees fit and not try to put a square peg into a round hole like Eric Mangin is..you have to let a player and an offense get into its flow (or rhythm)".

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Chucking a bomb on 4th and 2 sounds more to me like a Favre style play than Mangini

"Fred" wrote:

Yeah right, 'tarded'

Favre called off the punt and decided to go for it on 4th down.
He also decided to knock the ball out of Coles' arms after he threw it because that's the way he rolls....

:roll:
blank
warhawk
15 years ago

He did his job.

"dhazer" wrote:

Just out of curiosity how did Rodgers get us in winning FG position? If i was watching the same game we were in FG position after the kick return and the horse collar? I said that in chat last night in chat. I could be wrong i might have been watching a different game maybe lol.

I want to throw in here that i am not hating o Rodgers i clearly put this on Mike McCarthy totally. You watch the Giants game sunday night, the steelers game the week before, they don't settle for the fg they keep driving the ball down the field until they score a td or have to kick a very short fg.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Well I don't know what game you were watching but we were NOT in field goal range after the punt on a field like that and Rodgers made a big-time third down throw and Jones made a big time catch for a first down that DID get us in FG range. If Rodgers doesn't make that throw to get us in range I just wonder who would have been first on this board to note how he couldn't even move us 10/15 yards to get us in position to win the game?

As far as McCarthy is concerned on the playcalling this was textbook. Ball on the twenty, run the other team out of time outs, bring the clock down, kick the ball, go home.

On a frozen field like that what McCarthy did with a kicker like Crosby standing over there you don't risk losing the ball. I can just imagine IF he DID try to keep moving the ball and there's a turnover YOU and a bunch of people here would be screaming bloody murder.

You try to point out what a couple of teams did in isolated situations and you know damn well that any coach in the same situation would do just what he did 8 out of 10 times. How many times do you have to see teams get to the 20 late or in overtime and hunker down and then kick it with no time left to believe that's how it's done way more often than not?
"The train is leaving the station."
Pack93z
15 years ago

He did his job.

"warhawk" wrote:

"dhazer" wrote:

Well I don't know what game you were watching but we were NOT in field goal range after the punt on a field like that and Rodgers made a big-time third down throw and Jones made a big time catch for a first down that DID get us in FG range. If Rodgers doesn't make that throw to get us in range I just wonder who would have been first on this board to note how he couldn't even move us 10/15 yards to get us in position to win the game?

As far as McCarthy is concerned on the playcalling this was textbook. Ball on the twenty, run the other team out of time outs, bring the clock down, kick the ball, go home.

On a frozen field like that what McCarthy did with a kicker like Crosby standing over there you don't risk losing the ball. I can just imagine IF he DID try to keep moving the ball and there's a turnover YOU and a bunch of people here would be screaming bloody murder.

You try to point out what a couple of teams did in isolated situations and you know damn well that any coach in the same situation would do just what he did 8 out of 10 times. How many times do you have to see teams get to the 20 late or in overtime and hunker down and then kick it with no time left to believe that's how it's done way more often than not?

"Cheesey" wrote:

100% agreed.. Rodgers stick to Jones was huge..
Mike McCarthy played the cards to the letter in how you should drain a team of the TO's and center the ball up for the game winner.. we got our asses handed to us on special teams again tonight.. that interior line on that attempt got drilled off the LOS.. Mason slipped a bit and kicked it a bit low.. the combination of those two killed that play. Period.

For the first time this season, with the marbles on the line late, Rodgers delivered when he had no choice but to deliver to Jones. Mike McCarthy called it out per the book.. granted we should be able to run more effect, but that is not our MO this season..

Rodgers sold me last night.. I have no more questions about the kid.. he delivered in the clutch.. other parts of the team not so much.. but that was a big time throw from Rodgers and concentration from Jones even though he got hurt again.

That was a winning play and milked another 1:30 off the clock.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago

I have said it many times, and just get branded "a hater", Aaron Rodgers will never become The QB everyone wants him to be untill coaching changes are made.

Mike McCarthy has proven several times this year that he will not let Aaron Rodgers and the offense to finish a game. Always going the "safe route", settling for fg attempts, instead of trying to put the ball in the endzone.

Last night was just another case of the same ole, same ole.

The Packers dominated the game from the start. Put the ball in the end zone twice.
2nd half Packers scored what a total of 3 points!!!!

It's getting real old, real fast, same posts every week, Aaron Rodgers played a great game, but we still lost, it's not his fault, well last night it wasn't the defenses fault, Bears offense less than 300 total yds., turnovers were 2-2, special teams gave up a play, but made a few good plays also.

Everyone seems to want to do a "knee jerk reaction" and place the blame on someone, well take a long look at the whole season, if you want to put the blame on anyone, it's not the players.

Right now Aaron Rodgers is the qb of a 5-10 team, I don't care how good his stats are, he will never become known as a solid NFL QB until the wins start coming, that is not going to happen by "playing it safe" all the time.

"Fred" wrote:

See what happens when you play "within the system"

It's time for some people to give credit to Brett Favre around here for last year's amazing season. Many here still think it was solely because of Ted Thompson or Mike McCarthy.

Not saying that AROD won't develop into a good QB, but to say that he's better than Brett Favre, or was the better option is simply untrue.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

I've never seen a more myopic person. Ever. If I ever gave your words an ounce of credence, it was a mistake. You're just astoundingly wrong, all the time.
blank
Since69
15 years ago

That's not true at all.

He threw picks when he was trying to lead his team back from a deficit. They weren't hail mary passes at all. Why make stuff up?

It happens to the best of them. But there's no need to lie.

"Fred" wrote:

A rare, but appropriate +1 for Fred...
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Fred tossed out what's called a "straw man," since no where did I ever say that Rodgers was throwing Hail Marys. But whatever.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago

He did his job.

"pack93z" wrote:

"warhawk" wrote:

"dhazer" wrote:

100% agreed.. Rodgers stick to Jones was huge..

Mike McCarthy played the cards to the letter in how you should drain a team of the TO's and center the ball up for the game winner.. we got our asses handed to us on special teams again tonight.. that interior line on that attempt got drilled off the LOS.. Mason slipped a bit and kicked it a bit low.. the combination of those two killed that play. Period.

For the first time this season, with the marbles on the line late, Rodgers delivered when he had no choice but to deliver to Jones. Mike McCarthy called it out per the book.. granted we should be able to run more effect, but that is not our MO this season..

Rodgers sold me last night.. I have no more questions about the kid.. he delivered in the clutch.. other parts of the team not so much.. but that was a big time throw from Rodgers and concentration from Jones even though he got hurt again.

That was a winning play and milked another 1:30 off the clock.

"Cheesey" wrote:

So what your telling me is completing 2-3 passes for 11 yds with over 2 minutes to go is now classified as a late minute drive? We are stretching for straws here. Yes Steve when we got the ball it would've been a 52 yarder but thats still fg range.

We got the ball with 3:05 left on the Bears 35 yd line and we move the ball for a total of 15 yds. Amazing drive like i said i don't put the blame on Rodgers this is all on MM's head, but there is no way in hell going to say that rodgers drove us into fg range when we started in it.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (10h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (10h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (13h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (14h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (16h) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (17h) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (22h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (22h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Random Babble / beast

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.