digsthepack
15 years ago
Tony Kornhole has got to stop the Favre suck-fest, and acknowledge that Aaron Rodgers has led the Packers back late in the 4th qtr 5 times or so.....only to have the temarity to leave 3 minutes or less on the clock for the opponent to snatch victory....or our otherwise stellar kicker to shit down his leg. Rodgers is SO far from the problem with this team.

Ryan Grant looks fat and happy. Look at the speed with which DeShawn Wynn hits the line, and the impact he levels against defenders. With Grant, it seems if you grab ANY part of his body he goes spinning to the ground, usually backwards. His inspirations seems to have ended with his payday.

McCarthy, whom I like a lot, has GOT to play for the TD when the situation presents itself. The third run setting up the missed FG was stacked by the Bears D at the line, and we ran into it anyway.

Mike Stock, Bob Sanders....gone, baby, gone. If either of these two are kept, I will cry.

If we do not address the lines in FA, we are screwed next year.

So much more....but I am tired of the whole clusterfuck.
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
IronMan
15 years ago

Mike Stock, Bob Sanders....gone, baby, gone. If either of these two are kept, I will cry.

"digsthepack" wrote:

McCarthy will not fire them. They should be fired though, I agree.
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
It takes patience running the ball. You can't just speed into the back of the linemen unless the hole is obviously there when the ball is snapped like it was for Wynn. Yes, it is somewhat Grant, but the blocking has got to be better for him.

And you were talking about him being brought down by being simply touched, look at the screen that he scored a TD. He broke several tackles and waltzed right in.
UserPostedImage
digsthepack
15 years ago
I do understand the need for patience, and letting the blocks set up, but I guess my point is that Grant looks awful soft these days...runs far to high and gets dragged down with little to no fight.
go.pack.go.
15 years ago

I do understand the need for patience, and letting the blocks set up, but I guess my point is that Grant looks awful soft these days...runs far to high and gets dragged down with little to no fight.

"digsthepack" wrote:

That may be because of the way his injuries affected him. He got used to running the ball favoring his hamstring, and he is still running like that this year. I may be wrong, but it's all I could think of.
UserPostedImage
15 years ago
Good point actually. I agree with you on most everything. One thing I would add is that our interior D-line is sad against the pass. I like Pickett a lot, but we get absolutely no push, so the edge rush of the DE's is rendered impotent because the QB can just step up into the nice pocket his guards and center have secured for him.

Our defensive scheme needs to be able to account for running backs and tight ends running short routes. If the Bears had used dump offs to Forte all night the score would have been much different. It's a GLARING weakness in the scheme and needs to be fixed.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
15 years ago

Good point actually. I agree with you on most everything. One thing I would add is that our interior D-line is sad against the pass. I like Pickett a lot, but we get absolutely no push, so the edge rush of the DE's is rendered impotent because the QB can just step up into the nice pocket his guards and center have secured for him.

Our defensive scheme needs to be able to account for running backs and tight ends running short routes. If the Bears had used dump offs to Forte all night the score would have been much different. It's a GLARING weakness in the scheme and needs to be fixed.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

The pass rush has been pitiful as a whole. I am sick of seeing Kampman come around the edge, only for the QB to have 5 yards to step forward to avoid the edge rush. I don't blame Pickett, he was never suppose to be a pass rusher. But the team needs some DT push up the middle. Another situation where Jenkins is missed. He could get that push.

I am also sick of seeing the D get destroyed with routes 1-8 yards past the LOS in the middle. It forces the safeties to have to push closer to help which opens up the rest of the field.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
digsthepack
15 years ago
The LBs and safeties have been eaten up by the short/intermediate route over the middle all season long.
go.pack.go.
15 years ago

The LBs and safeties have been eaten up by the short/intermediate route over the middle all season long.

"digsthepack" wrote:

We had the same problem last season. That's why we brought in Chillar. But apparently he hasn't worked that effectively. We need to do something about it, for sure.
UserPostedImage
digsthepack
15 years ago
Given the talent we have on defense....and we do have a fair amount....it seems to me the problems have as much or more to do with scheme than anything else. No defense, no matter HOW many injuries they are struggling with, should be this consistently, and predictably, bad.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (12h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (13h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (15h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (16h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (19h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Around The NFL / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.