Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
The few times he touched the ball, he made plays.
The fumble COULD of hurt us, but we lucked out.
I hope they give him a realistic chance to play next season.
UserPostedImage
porky88
15 years ago
Wynn looked very good today and it should give him some momentum going into the off season, but he needs to work hard. He can't half ass it in the off season and show up in training camp hurt again. He's got talent though.
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago

Mike McCarthy, while claiming to be someone who wants to establish the run, has too many times ventured away from it too fast.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

Actions speak louder than words. No matter what he says, McCarthy is not actually committed to the run. Either that, or he's too gutless to stick with it in the face of adversity, unlike some teams who keep with it and watch their offenses dominate in the second half. I'm not saying we HAVE to be a run-first team -- it's obvious we have the potential to be an elite passing game -- but if McCarthy is a pass-first oriented coach, he should be upfront about that.

I really think these two guys deserve to have more of a role in the offense, particularly B-Jack.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

I'm not convinced Grant "deserves" more of a role in the offense. He's averaging 3.7 yards per carry this year -- hardly impressive -- and we've all watched him go down time after time after initial contact. He looks tentative most of the time, even a little confused. The only reason he has 1200 yards this season is because he's been tossed the rock so many times. Jackson, on the other hand, reminds me of Driver in the way he stubbornly battles to shake off tackles -- and succeeds more often than not.

I agree with Rockmolder that Grant isn't worth the money we're paying him. I'd rather divert some yards from him to our other two backs and see what they can do. Grant's contract is incentive laden; I don't think his performance has justified throwing him token yards when we have a couple of backups who are obviously hungry to contribute.
UserPostedImage
packersfan101101
15 years ago
yea i agree hes done a really good job. if grant is somehow gotten rid of ( i know this probably wont happen, its just wishful thinking), i think brandon jackson and wynn could make a great "team" for smash and dash.
brandon jackson is amazing
shield4life
15 years ago
I think we should trade BJ, maybe get a 4th rounder for him. I still think Wynn and Grant is > then BJ and Grant.

or should I say Wynn > BJ. Trade BJ get a pick, and try drafting another player and developping him, what you guys say?
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
kobe16
15 years ago
grant and wynn could be a great duo for us next year
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
15 years ago
I don't know if we should trade Jackson. He seems to excel at catching the ball and getting some yards... if he gets the right blocking. Grant's hands seem to be made of stone and, from the plays I've seen, Wynn isn't a great addition in the passing game either.

The biggest problem I see atm is that we have three backs who are average at best at this point. Grant isn't worth the conract atm, like I said before. Wynn seems to be on a uprise and Jackson hasn't had any chance to prove himself.

The organization will have to make some tough decisions here. First of all they all want decent contracts and playing time. McCarthy seems to be hesitant to get out two guys, let alone three. The second problem is that we still don't have a dominant runner and with the contract Grant has been given and two 'projects' on our team, we can't get a big free agent in either....

But I'm drifting off here. Like mentioned, I think DeShawn is getting better and better. Lets just see what he doesn next season before making some weird moves.
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
I think Wynn and Jackson should battle for the number 2 spot. I'd like to see Ryan Grant set out one game and see how Wynn and Jackson work together, though.

However, I don't think getting rid of Grant is the right thing to do.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago

The organization will have to make some tough decisions here. First of all they all want decent contracts and playing time. McCarthy seems to be hesitant to get out two guys, let alone three.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

As my buddy Wayne would say, this is a good problem to have. The other factor to consider is that the Packers have a fantastic receiving corps to complement the running game. So finding a way to balance all these different demands for the ball no doubt is challenging -- but I'd rather have that problem than have no quality offensive options.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
15 years ago

Actions speak louder than words. No matter what he says, McCarthy is not actually committed to the run. Either that, or he's too gutless to stick with it in the face of adversity, unlike some teams who keep with it and watch their offenses dominate in the second half. I'm not saying we HAVE to be a run-first team -- it's obvious we have the potential to be an elite passing game -- but if McCarthy is a pass-first oriented coach, he should be upfront about that.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Can't argue with that, maybe I would've earlier in the season but right now I agree completely.

Which ties back into 93z's point about Mike McCarthy have a lack of confidence in his o-line. That's not to be unexpected, considering all the times our o-line has been beaten off the ball, pushed back, struggled to execute, etc.

Which then leads me to say the problem is a lot deeper than just Grant going down, or running soft. So many times while Grant has run, we've seen opposing players in the backfield having a chance to make a play for a loss, and often that is exactly what has happened.

When the ZBS should not give up any negative run plays... there is a problem. I still think Grant need some solid blocking and he'll be more like his 07 self. B-Jack, when getting his reps, hasn't had to face nearly as many men coming into the backfield as Grant has which has contributed to his success a little bit. I still would've like to seen him get more touches, and hope that when Mike McCarthy self scouts he realizes their is a disconnect between his words and reality.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
50m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.