TengoJuego
15 years ago
I was rootin for Brett. I guess in a way it was a win, win situation when you take away the soap opera we had. Brett Wins, we get a better pick, he fails, we don't feel so bad for letting him go.

I would have really liked to have 2 second round picks but a third rounder isn't all that bad.
blueleopard
15 years ago
Either way it was gonna be a win.

The Packers essentially gave up a player who was never realistically on the depth chart for a first-day pick, and most of Ted's first day picks end up making the team.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
all_about_da_packers
15 years ago

I am just pointing out the fact. Ted Won In This Deal.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

I'd like to play devil's advocate:

Favre took the Jets from 4 wins to 9 wins. Granted he may not solely have been responsible for the 5 win improvement, but I think it's safe to say Favre was responsible for at least a couple of wins at least.

Losing Favre this year dropped the packers to 6 wins from 13 the previous year. That's not to say Favre was worth 7 wins to this team, but he was again worth at least a few (at least 3) last year.

So in essence looking at it from that point of view, Ted traded a rarity in the NFL, a play maker who is still worth a couple of wins for a third rounder. Not the best of deals, considering the third round isn't exactly known for its playmakers. Maybe if we'd gotten a second, then you could argue it was a great deal given Ted's record of drafting impact players in the 2nd round.

Although you can easily reply that based on Favre's stats in the last 5 games, Ted won the deal hands down. To that I'd reply that 5 games does not a season make.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Except that the pick is no longer a first-day pick.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago
Yes!!!! More draft picks for Ted Thompson to trade down and keep The Packers the youngest team in the NFL, keep that rebuilding for the future going, keep losing more games than winning.
Wait that's not what's supposed to happen.
Ted Thompson is the genius I have been calling him all year long.

This year wan't about winning and losing football games, it was all about vindication for TT.

Yes!!!! AR's stats ended up better than Brett Favres, everyone but the one that is most important. But hey this season wasn't about winning football games.

This is no way a shot at AR, he had a great season.

I am just curious, when did not not putting together a winning team become acceptable in Green bay?
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Packwillbeback
15 years ago

Now that the season is over... It is official.

Ted Thompson robbed the Jets in "The Trade" The Jets got the raw end of this deal, big time. Their season ended with an interception and no playoff appearance.

Would have been nice to have a second rounder... But... A third is still a steal and a great move by the G.M.

I can not wait for draft day.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Why?

So Ted Thompson can select another "project" that won't actually help the team for another 3-4 years down the road.

That championship season for 2020 is looking real good for you now, isn't it RP?
blank
Packwillbeback
15 years ago

I will go still farther, RaiderPride. I will say, without the slightest shade of apology, that after the embarrassing performance put on by Favre down the stretch (2 TD passes against 9 INTs in 5 games!!), anyone who still bitches about the Favre trade, and definitely anyone who complains that Aaron Rodgers is our starting quarterback, is nothing more than a willful complainer at best and simply not a true Packers fan at worst.

You may have a case for bitching about the circumstances under which the trade occurred (and even they were mostly Favre's fault), but you CANNOT possibly make any sort of serious argument that the Packers would have been better with Favre under center this year.

Last year was a remarkable renaissance by a quarterback who had been a little better than mediocre for nearly a decade. This year is a much better appraisal of his true state.

It's sad to watch. I was glad when he rode off into the sunset after a valiant attempt at a Superbowl run. I was afraid he'd come back and his image would be tarnished by a poor season, and that is what happened.

And for all of you saying it's because he didn't have much time to get accustomed to his new team, remember that he would have only had a few weeks with the Packers too. He chose to sit out until training camp was already underway. He has no one but himself to blame for this debacle.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

"A little better than mediocre for nearly a decade" (?)

You are a *edited*. Face it.

Glad you realize it's a team game when Aaron Rodgers plays, but not BF, *edited*

Go back to your Stats and your *edited*

Oh, by the way, do you realize that BF almost had 4,000 yards this year with that pathetic excuse for a Jet team and a sore shoulder? Shouldn't matter. I'm sure, you'll spin that into a negative somehow.
blank
RainX
15 years ago

Yes!!!! More draft picks for Ted Thompson to trade down and keep The Packers the youngest team in the NFL, keep that rebuilding for the future going, keep losing more games than winning.
Wait that's not what's supposed to happen.

Ted Thompson is the genius I have been calling him all year long.

This year wan't about winning and losing football games, it was all about vindication for Ted Thompson.

Yes!!!! Aaron Rodgers's stats ended up better than Brett Favres, everyone but the one that is most important. But hey this season wasn't about winning football games.

This is no way a shot at Aaron Rodgers, he had a great season.

I am just curious, when did not not putting together a winning team become acceptable in Green bay?

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Funny you come in here saying this is about vindication for Thompson. Do you feel vindicated that Favre's decision to come out of retirement basically back-fired on him? Oh, but he took the Jets from 4-12 to 9-7! Great, he was the QB that piloted them to a 5 game improvement! We'll just conveniently ignore the fact Favre was sitting at 8-3 looking at a rather soft schedule for the remaining 5 games of the year and proceeds to lead his team to a 1-4 record all the while throwing a measily 2 TD passes to 9 INTs in that final stretch of games.

The bottom line is the Jets didn't make the playoffs and neither did the Packers. Both teams ended up on the short-end of the playoff stick. The only difference is Brett is probably done after this year and Rodgers will be ready out of the gate next year without all the distractions like last season.

The ONLY way Brett's comeback would have been worthwhile is if he at least lead the team on a deep playoff run. He clearly proved this season that he is not capable of leading a team to such a level any more. His '08 season ended just like his '07 one did. On a terrible interception at a crucial point in a critical game. Is Rodgers capable of doing so? The jury is still out on that one, but if Aaron has proven one thing in his first full year as an NFL starter, he's more than capable of effectively leading this offense. The rest will hopefully come with more experience and playing time.
blank
15 years ago

Oh, by the way, do you realize that Brett Favre almost had 4,000 yards this year with that pathetic excuse for a Jet team and a sore shoulder? Shouldn't matter. I'm sure, you'll spin that into a negative somehow.

"Packwillbeback" wrote:

Pathetic excuse for a Jets team? Pro Bowl running back. #2 RB (Washington) was easily one of the more explosive players in the league this year. Coles is a past Pro Bowl Receiver. Incredibly promising rookie TE.

3,303 yards is hardly "almost 4,000". It's 16th in the league.

And I almost fell out of my chair laughing about the "sore shoulder". If you want to talk about good performances by a QB with a "sore shoulder", I have someone you should meet.
UserPostedImage
Packwillbeback
15 years ago
Who?

Mr. 6-10?
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (14h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (14h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (15h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (18h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (21h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
43m / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.