buckeyepackfan
15 years ago
I just love how evryone is just enemored with all these stats, here it is again,"you are what your record says you are"

NY Jets 9-7, although not the finish most had in mind, still a winning season.

Once again, when The Jets were winning early it was because of every other move, and every other player they had picked up in the off-season, soon as they start losing, it's all Brett Farves fault.

You are what your'e record says you are.

Going from 4-12 to 9-7. I guess in some minds is not having a good year.

Not as successful as most wanted but not the end all season either.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Going from 4-12 to 9-7 is a decent year -- when you don't have a late-season collapse from 8-3.
UserPostedImage
wils0646
15 years ago
9-7 on one of the, if not easiest schedule of the year is not successful.
The Pack Will Be Back.
Rockmolder
15 years ago

Going from 4-12 to 9-7 is a decent year -- when you don't have a late-season collapse from 8-3.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I agree on that one, a shame Brett didn't play better in these last ones, think of his legacy if he had gone there and made the Jets a 12-4 team or so.

9-7 on one of the, if not easiest schedule of the year is not successful.

"wils0646" wrote:

I disagree on that one. Everyone could see that Brett sparked that offense in the first part of the season, you can nearly call it an aura, plus, defenses actually had to get some guys deeper on the field with his arm. I don't think this is all because of the schedule.

His late season collapse, on the other side, is even more magnified because he did it against those awfull teams and I don't see how anyone could deny that he played horribly in those last games.
longtimefan
15 years ago

His late season collapse, on the other side, is even more magnified because he did it against those awfull teams and I don't see how anyone could denie that he played horribly in those last games.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Rock according to some he had a GREAT seaosn dontcha know

I say a AWESOME 9 games or so, but 6 or 7 games wasnt even average
Cheesey
15 years ago

He had a good season

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

With all due respect, I wish to say that this statement shows how low a standard fans hold Favre to, and how little accountability he has been forced to face in his career. Throwing 22 INTs and 22 TDs is not a good season, in my opinion.

"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

Had to applaud you for that.
If Rodgers had those stats, the trolls would be ripping him apart. (Even MORE then they are now, with his 28TD 13 INT season)
Favre started out the year well, but faded badly at the end.
He's 39, and looking every bit of it now.
That was why i don't want him to play anymore. I remember Bart Starr, when he started slipping. It was sad watching him TRY to be what he once was, and looking pathetic on the football field.
I don't want that to happen to Favre.
He can ride off with a winning record this year.
UserPostedImage
Packwillbeback
15 years ago

Ok.....somethings got to give.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

How about you...giving it a rest?
blank
Packwillbeback
15 years ago

Favre started out the year well, but faded badly at the end.
He's 39, and looking every bit of it now.

"Cheesey" wrote:

What if he's injured Cheesey?

Is that excuse only acceptable for AR?

What if the defense sucked down the stretch, which they did?

Oh wait, again. Is that excuse only acceptable for AR?

What if it were a team game?

Oh wait....I think you get the point.

But then again, maybe not.
blank
Stevetarded
15 years ago
"What if he's injured Cheesey?

Is that excuse only acceptable for Aaron Rodgers?

What if the defense sucked down the stretch, which they did?

Oh wait, again. Is that excuse only acceptable for Aaron Rodgers?

What if it were a team game?

Oh wait....I think you get the point.

But then again, maybe not."

Well according to you and a couple others none of these excuses were acceptable for Aaron... until Favre started playing badly. Now they are suddenly acceptable huh? :thumbright:
blank
Packwillbeback
15 years ago

Even if it's just the Packers' Management's selfish whims over having "won" the debate.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

"Selfish whims"? Are you serious? Dude, by any rational metric, the management made the right decision this year, and the season (win-loss record notwithstanding) has vindicated that. Even if Favre had lead the Packers to the same 9-6 record to which he lead the Jets, the Packers would have missed the playoffs.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

You make no logical sense.

You can't just compare situations and say, well if BF was 9-7 on the Jets, he woujld be 9-7 on the Packers. BF would have run the Packer offense better than Aaron Rodgers did because TD's and Wins matter most, and BF was more comfortable with this offense and these players than he was with the Jets. Also, the Packer WR's are much better than the Jet WR's. The Jet WR's wouldn't even start on the Packers team.

Football isn't played on Strat-o-matic, as much as you seem to think it is.

Totally different situations.

I also like how everyone's jumping on the "Bash Favre" bandwagon, or "He's lost it" bandwagon...even though he beat Tennessee and New England this year, which the Packers couldn't do.

What if Favre has been injured these last five games? Will that make a diference., or does it not matter since you will deny all evidence to try and prove your theory that BF has "lost it", and that Ted Thompson was right.? When he was 8-3, I'm sure many here were sweating bullets. (But the excuse then was that it was the Jets Defense and Running game responsible, and not BF)

Sorry, but you can't have it both ways fellas.
blank
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (18h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (18h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (19h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (21h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (22h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.