ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago

So IMHO and I think there are quite a few more who think this way...Ted you have 1 more year to get things back on track(and I don't mean 8-8), or you can get the hell out of Dodge and take Mike McCarthy with you.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

First: Everyone is well aware of your opinion when it comes to our GM and head coach, because you state it over and over again. That's not a big deal; what is a bigger deal to some is that your hatred extends to the point where you seem to be thrilled when things aren't going well for the team, because that's just one step closer to your goal. That, in my opinion, is just messed up. If the team doesn't get better, you'll get your wish - but why relish it? How does anyone have enough bile reserved for someone they don't even know that they're happy when their favorite football team hits hard times? Does not compute.

Second: You can obviously write, which would suggest that you can read, and if so then you will certainly have read a large number of us "Thompson Lovers" saying what I quoted above, almost word for word. So we're already on board with your "One more failed season and he should go" program; that being the case, to whom are you (re)making your point?

Finally, to try to pull this thing back on-topic, if you look in the "Rumors fly of Nolan..." thread, you will see that I'm starting to not like how this whole defensive staff thing is going. I'm getting a little worried that we (the fans) are being led to believe that some real 'revolution' will be taking place on defense when there's a good possibility that we're just dumping the coordinator for another younger guy who's already here, who may well run the same system (or at least something close to it). If so, then to me that would start to send up some red flags in terms of the transparency (or lack thereof) of our FO.

In other words, if you're right about Thompson and co., it'll become readily apparent all on its own. So what's the need for "Ha! They suck! I told you so!" posts, really, other than to pat yourself on the back for being right about something that is really kind of crappy?
blank
Packnic
15 years ago

The Packers went from 14-4 to 6-10, all we heard every week was that there were problems, and they could be fixed.
Yet every week the same ole' same ole' happened.
Either The Pack got off to a good start or they came back from a deficit only to go into a defensive mode trying not to lose. Every week we usually lost those games.

Now I am sorry if some of you can't take a little sarcasm, with a hint of the truth.
Someone tell me how many more :500 season or below will you put up with until reality sets in and you realize changes are needed from the top down?
I'll say it again Mike Sherman was 20+ games over :500 his 1st four years as GM(his middle 4 years) when he was fired, what makes Ted Thompson so untouchable?
Ted Thompson has had it easy, his first 2 years anything bad was still being blamed on Mike Sherman, his 3rd year, great year 14-4, then he decides to go in a diferent direction with the QB, cut other veterans to make the team younger, and it all came back to bite him in the a---.
So IMHO and I think there are quite a few more who think this way...Ted you have 1 more year to get things back on track(and I don't mean 8-8), or you can get the hell out of Dodge and take Mike McCarthy with you.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

It must really suck to cheer for a team you hate so much.
blank
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago
So now I hate the Packers because I don't like them losing when there was no reason for it to happen.

Carry on guys, keep pretending Ted Thompson didn't totally screw the pooch on this whole 2007 season.

I can't wait till next year to see what kind of exuses you all come up with to protect your precious TT.

Hell, I hope Ted Thompson proves me wrong, but I think he has proven these last four years he has an agenda and is going to stick with it no matter what.

2007 has been the worst year I can remember for a long time, even the 4-12 season was acceptable because Ted Thompson stripped away most of the veteran talent and started a pretty good rebuilding program, seems lately though that isn't so much the truth.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
bigfog
15 years ago

The Packers went from 14-4 to 6-10, all we heard every week was that there were problems, and they could be fixed.
Either The Pack got off to a good start or they came back from a deficit only to go into a defensive mode trying not to lose. Every week we usually lost those games.

Now I am sorry if some of you can't take a little sarcasm, with a hint of the truth.
Someone tell me how many more :500 season or below will you put up with until reality sets in and you realize changes are needed from the top down?
I'll say it again Mike Sherman was 20+ games over :500 his 1st four years as GM(his middle 4 years) when he was fired, what makes Ted Thompson so untouchable?
Ted Thompson has had it easy, his first 2 years anything bad was still being blamed on Mike Sherman, his 3rd year, great year 14-4, then he decides to go in a diferent direction with the QB, cut other veterans to make the team younger, and it all came back to bite him in the a---.

"Packnic" wrote:

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Ditto.
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago

I can't wait till next year to see what kind of exuses you all come up with to protect your precious Ted Thompson.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Yeah... I'm going to go ahead and assume you're talking to a couple specific people, because I've been reading almost nothing but words to the effect of "If we don't get this fixed next year then I'll be forced to re-visit my opinion of our current front office" - not excuses.

I can only speak for myself, but if the team underperforms next year, I won't be coming up with excuses; I'll be calling for change.

4-12, 8-8, 13-3. That's 4+ games improvement, every season, for 3 seasons. Given the track record, which is right there and easy to see, I'm currently of the opinion that last year's dip was an anomoly. Plus, the things that need to be fixed are obvious and fixable. Now, if he doesn't make those fixes, then that'll be a problem.

Dammit, one of these days I'll be able to stay on-topic and not get dragged into this same endless debate.
blank
warhawk
15 years ago

"Packnic" wrote:

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

What's funny is he uses the standard of fourteen wins which was set by the same people he wants fired. It's not like somebody else put the team and staff together that won that many games and then these guys came in afterwards. THEY ARE THE SAME PEOPLE.

He says Thompson "decides to go in a different direction at QB" when the guy that replaced him had a MUCH better all around year and "cut other veterans to get younger". Who? Davis?

I've got it all figured out now. We lost seven more games than last year because we we cut our long snapper.

I won't even get into Sherman who had a well documented one hundred car train wreck of a career as GM and was the most fortunate man on the planet to follow a legend of a GM who had the team fortified so masterfully it took MS five years to screw it up.
"The train is leaving the station."
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago
I just love people who only "quote" what they want, so it will fit their agenda.

If you are going to quote me then quote the whole thing, then the partial quote you used would make a little more sense.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago

I just love people who only "quote" what they want, so it will fit their agenda.

If you are going to quote me then quote the whole thing, then the partial quote you used would make a little more sense.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

They asked us some time ago not to quote entire threads; I'm complying with that request.

And I don't think what I quoted is either out of context or at all inconsistent with the message you've offered here since last off-season.
blank
Cheesey
15 years ago

Fall guys for Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy,plain and simple. I relish the day both those guys are unemployed

"dd80forever" wrote:

I love these kinds of comments.
Had the Packers NOT made these big moves, WHO do you think would be bitching because they did nothing? Yup.........we all know the ones.

So the coach gets rid of the guys that were in charge of our defense, which if you watched any of the games, you'd know they cost us several games last season. And you bitch about it, calling it "fall guys".
How about, guys that didn't get the job done, so they are gone?

I know..........that would screw up your whole bitch session......so you won't consider that.
But your not alone.......there are a couple more here that are willing to side with you on that.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago
easy, easy... we all know who agrees and doesn't w/TT and MM...
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I'm just sayin'...
Fan Shout
dfosterf (23h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
50m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

19-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.