dfosterf
15 years ago

Ya thats what I was thinking, I don't think Nolan is going for a head coaching job for a while and for Williams ... has he even tried to be a HC. Some coaches just like to be coordinators.

"krazygangsta" wrote:

I think it would be quite awesome if THIS particular individual would like to just be a coordinator, along with a certain DT that would just like to play for him. I know this is way "off the wall", but the longer this whole process strings out, the more "possible" it becomes to secure his services. He is by far and away my personal #1 choice for DC...Who knows? Stranger things have happened:

SCHWARTZ NOT YET GENERATING MUCH BUZZ
Posted by Mike Florio on January 10, 2009, 2:57 p.m.

The media has a formula for identifying the hot head-coaching candidates from the ranks of current NFL coaching staffs.

It goes like this.

1. Who are the best teams?

2. For each of the best teams, is the team known for its offense, its defense, or both?

3. If known for offense, then the offensive coordinator is a candidate for a head-coaching job.

4. If known for defense, then the defensive coordinator is a candidate for a head-coaching job.

5. If known for both, then both.

So, this year, Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz has been pegged by the media as a candidate.

But he has been linked to only half of the six head-coaching vacancies.

As Adam Schefter of NFLN points out, Schwartz has interviewed with the Browns and the Lions. While he has been mentioned as a candidate with the Rams, Schwartz has yet to be interviewed and cant be interviewed again until the Titans playoff run ends.

[UPDATE: As a reader points out in the comments, Schwartz was never actually interviewed by the Browns.]

So what gives? Schwartz is supposed to be one of the hot candidates. But only 33 percent of the teams looking for coaches have interviewed him.

Maybe the people who decide which coaches to hire know something that those of us who compile the list of hot candidates dont.

Or maybe something else is going on this year.

One of the potential dynamics is that, because most of the teams hiring head coaches have front-office personnel in place who presumably hope to retain their power and influence, hot candidates might want more juice than the teams are prepared to give them. And so hot candidates arent as attractive as theyd been in past years.

It also doesnt hurt that there arent any A-list, must-have candidates that multiple teams are clamoring to get under contract.

So the process is moving slowly, and the teams filling these vacancies might take as much time as they need (Chris Mortensen of ESPN suggested that the Lions could wait until February) to find the right man for the job.

In several cities, the right man isnt necessarily the best coach. Its the best coach who wont try to take the place once he enjoys some success."

Like I said, "off the wall", but if it happened, be looking for Albert Haynesworth in green and gold, also.
Bigbyfan
15 years ago
This is what I have been begging for since halfway through the season!!!!

PLEASE give this guy the job if availible!!!
blank
Since69
15 years ago

This is what I have been begging for since halfway through the season!!!!

PLEASE give this guy the job if availible!!!

"Bigbyfan" wrote:

Amen. McDermott is young, smart and mentored by Jim Johnson. He's got experience in the kind of defense we're already built for.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Hey, Dave, I took the liberty of putting the article you cited in a quote block so it would be obvious it was someone else's words rather than your own. I've noticed a few posters getting confused by this lately. I left your post otherwise untouched, of course.

--Rourke
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago
I LOVE this...

He has been under Jimmy Johnson for long time and knows how to make a defense work IMO

Where as Sanders even tho he worked under Bates, just didnt seem to have that fire for his players
El3ment12
15 years ago
He could use our good safties to our advantage maybe with some blitzes. Get him!
yooperfan
15 years ago
Now Mike McCarthy will have to wait till after the Super Bowl to talk to him because Philly will beat Arizona to advance. Mike McCarthy won't wait that long I don't believe.
all_about_da_packers
15 years ago
^ Actually, if McDermott is not under contract next year then Mike McCarthy can talk to him even if the Eagles play next week (as they do).

I do not believe McDermott's contract ends at the end of the season, though.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
minnypacker
15 years ago
If I could sign Williams this week i'd go for it. I wouldn't want to wait for McDermott.
thetombradyhater
15 years ago
No one on this site seems to have know that much about him here, but I know on another Packers website that I check he seems to be a favorite (and has been for some time) by the posters. He is suppose to be the next big thing as a defensive coordinator kind of like Spangnolo (sp?) was/is.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (14h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.