Pack93z
15 years ago

Nose tackles for 3-4 could be Tank Johnson, Gabe Watson and Grady Jackson.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

Tank Johnson struggled in the Cowboys 3-4... he is a 4-3 DT that needs to play one gap.. he did that job well in Chitown.. could he play end.. probably.. but Pickett would be a better option at the nose.. IMO of course.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
warhawk
15 years ago
Why is Suggs not on the list? The guy got two sacks with one arm against the Steelers. I thought he was in the UFA pool. This guy would be a great fit since the coaches have brought up how the Ravens play their D more than once.

We put him over on the right side and draft Maualuga and we have two of the hardest hitting football players on the planet on the field.

They would have to start games at 12:15 to give the opponents fifteen extra minutes of prayer time before taking the field. Add a healthy Bigby and they will need large "OPPONENTS SIDELINES" signs so players not sure where they are after getting layed out will know where to go.

That's what I'm talking about.
"The train is leaving the station."
Pack93z
15 years ago

We put him over on the right side and draft Maualuga and we have two of the hardest hitting football players on the planet on the field.

"warhawk" wrote:

If we don't go OT.. then Maualuga would have to be my personal choice.. kid is a special player at the backer position.. plays loose and hard... A linebacker..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Dulak
15 years ago

Why is Suggs not on the list? The guy got two sacks with one arm against the Steelers. I thought he was in the UFA pool. This guy would be a great fit since the coaches have brought up how the Ravens play their D more than once.

They would have to start games at 12:15 to give the opponents fifteen extra minutes of prayer time before taking the field. Add a healthy Bigby and they will need large "OPPONENTS SIDELINES" signs so players not sure where they are after getting layed out will know where to go.

That's what I'm talking about.

"warhawk" wrote:

I hope we go for suggs also; IMO going for suggs and orakapo (always forget how to spell his name) would be sweet.
Use both of them as OLB in a 3-4 D.
Swap in kampman when we need someone big to help stuff the run; IMO kampman is too small to be one of the DEs in a 3-4. But as a hybrid OLB he would be good at as a pass rusher and to keep a TE busy etc ...

IMO we already have enough ILBs ie Barnett and Hawk would make great ILBs.
We still have bishop (whom was decent last year) and chillar (again pretty good) and poppinga to swap in when needed.

So again IMO grabbing 2 good OLBs that are on the heavy and good on the blitz is vital; then throw in either a really good NT or a heavy rush stopper of a DE and that should do it.

Throw in a decent OL man further down in the draft.
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
Here's a thought:

If we get Haynesworth, couldn't he play DE? I don't think he can man the middle like a big Pickett could.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
15 years ago
Dulac,
I hear what your saying but what I hear is pointing out our needs and that is not how Ted Thompson will go about making the picks. He just won't do it and I understand why.

I do think it will be defense. Why?

1) Out of the top overall players the best on "O" are OT's (other that QB's) and I believe the top two will be gone.
2) Ted Thompson has leaned toward the offense in the last couple of years...but
3) There are better defensive players then what has come up in the last couple of drafts.
4) We have a new scheme on "D" so there are more personnel adjustments probably needed over there.

My top three players I see going to the Pack with the #1 pick are:
(Not in any order)

Malcomb Jenkins- The top college CB in the last three years and they don't grow on tees.

Rey Maualuga- The top 3-4 LB in this draft

Brian Orakpo- The speed and skills to become an outside pass rushing LB which is how he is projected on a 3-4 team.

Any two of these guys could jump up by the combine and not be around when we pick. So I will pick any one of them or the one that is left.
"The train is leaving the station."
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
Is Malcom Jenkins a press coverage corner though? (bump and run).

And we can get a very good bump and run corner in the second round, Victor Harris.
UserPostedImage
Megatron
15 years ago
Baltimore has alot of players on their defence that will be in free agency.

Suggs, Scott, Lewis, Landry, Leonard, Ivy, Edwards.

Only the first 4 or 5 players can be considered starters for Baltimore. But still that is alot of players they will have to try to give new contracts to. Their defensive co-ordinator has left for the Jets Head-Coach job so that could influence if a player want to stay or leave. There is no way that Baltimore will be able to keep them all.

Suggs is my favourite choice as he will provide much needed pass rush and he has the size to switch from 3-4 to 4-3 in certain plays.

Scott would be a cheaper option to solidify the middle linebackers.

The chances of getting one of these two is very slim. There is no way Lewis will leave Baltimore, you need leaders in the dressing room and Baltimore will keep him simply because of that.

Jim Leonard is the most likely to go. He has performed well this season at strong safety replacing the injured Landry. The biggest knock on him is his size but he has shown he has speed and can move around the pitch quickly and that he can play in a 3-4. If Bigby injury issues is serious and Thompson chooses not to retain him, Leonard would be a good cheap option to replace him. He is a Wisconsin native so its very possible he would jump at the chance to play for Green Bay. Also it could be a good PR move for Thompson if you think about it. The fans love a local guy.
blank
blueleopard
15 years ago

Is Malcom Jenkins a press coverage corner though? (bump and run).

And we can get a very good bump and run corner in the second round, Victor Harris.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

I didn't watch him much this year, but last year he played man better than zone. Emphasis on MAN, he didn't jam that much. He relies more on his athleticism and speed than his strength.

Either way, the guy is pretty big at 6-1 and 201, so he should be able to hold his own. NFL scouts say if he works on his strength, he can be one of the best in a long time. They said he has the potential to be the next Champ Bailey, but he can't be as bad as Philip Buchanon. And really, Buchanon isn't that bad of a player.

He was eligible after his sophomore year, but he chose to stay in school with every opportunity. That, in itself, was strange because he was slated to be a top 10 pick for each of the last two years.

If he's available, I wouldn't mind Ted pouncing on this guy. I know Tramon is good and Lee has potential, but there's nothing wrong with going with the best CB in the nation.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Dulak
15 years ago
you guys might be right in that they will go for a good CB this year.

I really didnt understand why they put woodson at safety at the end of the year - realize they were trying to 'train' up willams (least I think it was him) but woodson is such a good CB especially in man 2 man.

I checked out Rey Maualuga stats and he looks to light to fit the bill for a OLB. He probably did good in college cuz the guys are lighter there.

Rather we go all out and get suggs or orakpo
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (14h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (17h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (20h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Around The NFL / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.