Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yooperfan  
#41 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 2:30:45 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Rodgers did have a come back in the first Detroit, GB was down by 1 and got a FG with 5:17 left. Could this be why they start saying in the final 5 minutes? I think so.

But since Woodson gets a pick right after and Jackson scores a TD to extend the lead, then Woodson and Collins each get a pick 6 putting the game way out of reach, it no longer matters.

I would like to see Rodgers do better, and I would also like to the McCarthy give him a chance to do better. It seems that in the 2 minute offense that Rodgers does not have full controll. That should be expanded this next year.


I kind of see McCarthy wanting to hold the reins on the kid in his 1st year as the starter but he really has to turn thr kid loose especially in the red zone.
porky88  
#42 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 2:49:23 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Actually, the lead changed three times in the last 14 minutes; it only changed twice in the last 10 minutes. However, those numbers are deceiving, because in fact those two lead changes occurred within 27 seconds (1:57 and 1:30) of each other, after Rodgers had lead the team on a 10-minute drive. Anyone trying to pin this defeat on Rodgers is seriously grasping at straws.

" said: Go to Quoted Post
Once again ignoring the problem Aaron Rodgers has leading the team to a comeback would be a HUGE mistake.


As I have said elsewhere, we wouldn't even be having this conversation had Favre not happened to come from behind and win his first game back in 1992. Other quarterbacks aren't held to this standard you are mentioning.


I'm not comparing him to Brett Favre and your confusing Aaron Rodgers being bad in the final minutes with it's all Aaron Rodgers fault. I'm certainly not saying that.

Matt Ryan

He lead the Falcons back over the Bears I remember. That's one more comeback than Aaron Rodgers.

Joe Flacco

Lead Baltimore into field goal range to beat the Titans in the playoffs.

No matter how you twist it, Aaron Rodgers was not a good quarterback in the final drive. That's not a terrible thing and it's not the end of the world. It doesn't mean he should be replaced, but it's a telling stat that shows he needs to continue to work hard.

The problem I see with his throws is he's in a bit of a rush with a minute in a half left. That's plenty of time in the NFL. That's a lifetime and once Rodgers realizes that on the field, he'll win a close game. Eventually I believe it will happen and once he wins one, Rodgers will win another.
Rios39  
#43 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 4:21:58 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Actually, the lead changed three times in the last 14 minutes; it only changed twice in the last 10 minutes. However, those numbers are deceiving, because in fact those two lead changes occurred within 27 seconds (1:57 and 1:30) of each other, after Rodgers had lead the team on a 10-minute drive. Anyone trying to pin this defeat on Rodgers is seriously grasping at straws.

" said: Go to Quoted Post
Once again ignoring the problem Aaron Rodgers has leading the team to a comeback would be a HUGE mistake.


As I have said elsewhere, we wouldn't even be having this conversation had Favre not happened to come from behind and win his first game back in 1992. Other quarterbacks aren't held to this standard you are mentioning.


I'm not comparing him to Brett Favre and your confusing Aaron Rodgers being bad in the final minutes with it's all Aaron Rodgers fault. I'm certainly not saying that.

Matt Ryan

He lead the Falcons back over the Bears I remember. That's one more comeback than Aaron Rodgers.

Joe Flacco

Lead Baltimore into field goal range to beat the Titans in the playoffs.

No matter how you twist it, Aaron Rodgers was not a good quarterback in the final drive. That's not a terrible thing and it's not the end of the world. It doesn't mean he should be replaced, but it's a telling stat that shows he needs to continue to work hard.

The problem I see with his throws is he's in a bit of a rush with a minute in a half left. That's plenty of time in the NFL. That's a lifetime and once Rodgers realizes that on the field, he'll win a close game. Eventually I believe it will happen and once he wins one, Rodgers will win another.


Rodgersl led the Packers to game winning FG's over the Bears and Vikings, Crosby just didn't get it done.
JNelson87  
#44 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 4:37:04 AM(UTC)
Mainly the point of this thread is that Rodgers has led us to a 4th quarter lead or tie. Not really a comeback but he put the team in position to win multiple times and the defense and special teams choked. Rodgers choked too, i wont leave him out.. but in most situations, after he led us to a lead or tie, the D fell apart. They really only gave Rodgers 2 minutes or even less than a minute to work with and what can u really do with that much time? In my opinion, Rodgers did what he was suppoused to do (most of the time) and the D fell apart (most of the time) That's how our year was.

I'm not trying to push the blame on one certain area cause the whole team didnt really play well. Our offense was okay but not as fast and tough as they were last year. Our defense was a joke, thanks to key injuries and poor coaching. Our special teams do what they do every year, nothing. This season was a wake up call. The new coaches should but a fire in these guys for next year cause you know they are gunna have a huge chip on their shoulder. Next year we'll see some Aaron Rodgers 4th quarter comebacks and maybe our D can hold a lead.
wils0646  
#45 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 5:27:29 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
And wils before you smart off why don't you check your facts the last game of the season we never trailed and i guess i could give you the 1st lions game if you claim a comeback when you win by 23 lol. But hey your the expert of everything so your right.


Did you read my freakin' post? Jesus man.

" said: Go to Quoted Post
He won both of those games in the 4th quarter. They were either tied or losing in both going into the 4th.
longtimefan  
#46 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 6:31:14 AM(UTC)
DH you really need to stop with the

" said: Go to Quoted Post
alot of posters are basically putting this guy in the hall of fame after one good stats year
and the
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Rodgers did no wrong at all this year


IF someone has said it, they are idiots


" said: Go to Quoted Post
Ok long show me where he had a 4th quarter comeback for a win thats what they mean by 4th quarter comebacks sorry. So it is far from a blatant lie.


Nonstop original post said
Quote:
For those of you who say Rodgers has no 4th-quarter comebacks


Not comeback WINS...

Your so stuck on the 4th quarter comeback WINS


If that was the argument you would be 100% right..
Nonstopdrivel  
#47 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 6:58:59 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Mainly the point of this thread is that Rodgers has led us to a 4th quarter lead or tie. Not really a comeback but he put the team in position to win multiple times and the defense and special teams choked.


Yes. As LT pointed out, I phrased my original post very carefully. Maybe I should have said the phrase "put the team in position to win" -- perhaps that would have clarified my argument a bit.

Completely off-topic, you make the point that our special teams is chronically bad, and this is something I too have noticed over the past 10 years. This makes me think: The Packers this year brought in a dynamite defensive coordinator in Dom Capers. It's too bad that the position of special-teams coach seems to be considered little more than a steppingstone job, because it makes me wonder if we'll be able to recruit someone who brings the same level of ferocity to the special teams as I anticipate Dom Capers bringing to the defense.
RaiderPride  
#48 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 12:31:10 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm just going to read the boards and not make any more posts.


Do not go and do something stupid now Hazer.

You are a good poster. You may be delusional and have the common sense of a retarded field mouse when it comes to Ted Thompson and Teds boy Chico, but you are still a good poster.

You are entitled to your opinion. You never trash talk people personally, I can not remember you making anything personal.

So... I hope you keep showing up. I kind of think of you as the Jehovah Witness of the board. A nice person who keeps on knocking on our door with a message that makes no sense.

Thereis nothing wrong with that. You have conviction.
DakotaT  
#49 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 12:37:17 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm just going to read the boards and not make any more posts.


Do not go and do something stupid now Hazer.

You are a good poster. You may be delusional and have the common sense of a retarded field mouse when it comes to Ted Thompson and Teds boy Chico, but you are still a good poster.

You are entitled to your opinion. You never trash talk people personally, I can not remember you making anything personal.

So... I hope you keep showing up. I kind of think of you as the Jehovah Witness of the board. A nice person who keeps on knocking on our door with a message that makes no sense.

Thereis nothing wrong with that. You have conviction.



Hey RP, don't ever give me any compliments. :icon_smile: :icon_smile:
RaiderPride  
#50 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 3:51:55 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm just going to read the boards and not make any more posts.


Do not go and do something stupid now Hazer.

You are a good poster. You may be delusional and have the common sense of a retarded field mouse when it comes to Ted Thompson and Teds boy Chico, but you are still a good poster.

You are entitled to your opinion. You never trash talk people personally, I can not remember you making anything personal.

So... I hope you keep showing up. I kind of think of you as the Jehovah Witness of the board. A nice person who keeps on knocking on our door with a message that makes no sense.

Thereis nothing wrong with that. You have conviction.



Hey RP, don't ever give me any compliments. :icon_smile: :icon_smile:


I love reading Hazers posts. I am serious.

He has his view, many do not agree with it. If he stopped posting it would be a shame.

R.P.
yooperfan  
#51 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 4:05:09 PM(UTC)
Hazer may be one of the few that has it right on this board.
Not everybody needs to be a Ted Thompson boot licker or think Aaron Rodgers is the next coming of Dan Marino.
You have to have differences of opinion or all you got is "The Stepford Wives".
Keep posting dhazer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
go.pack.go.  
#52 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 4:06:07 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
And in comes dhazer saying we put no blame on Rodgers for any losses...


How could I have been more right?
Stevetarded  
#53 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 4:15:51 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Hazer may be one of the few that has it right on this board.
Not everybody needs to be a Ted Thompson boot licker or think Aaron Rodgers is the next coming of Dan Marino.
You have to have differences of opinion or all you got is "The Stepford Wives".
Keep posting dhazer!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Except that pretty much nobody that posts on this site is like that. Which would make him "one of the few that has it wrong"
Nonstopdrivel  
#54 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 4:15:59 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Not everybody needs to be a Ted Thompson boot licker or think Aaron Rodgers is the next coming of Dan Marino.


Who here is or thinks either of those things?

" said: Go to Quoted Post
You have to have differences of opinion or all you got is "The Stepford Wives".


Great point, but even among the Ted Thompson and Aaron Rodgers supporters there is a surprising diversity of opinions. :)
yooperfan  
#55 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 5:34:51 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Not everybody needs to be a Ted Thompson boot licker or think Aaron Rodgers is the next coming of Dan Marino.


Who here is or thinks either of those things?

" said: Go to Quoted Post
You have to have differences of opinion or all you got is "The Stepford Wives".


Great point, but even among the Ted Thompson and Aaron Rodgers supporters there is a surprising diversity of opinions. :)


Their are a number of peaple on this board that don't want to hear any negative opinions about Thompson and/or Rodgers and anyone who expresses those opinions are automatically called "haters".

Diversity of opinions is a good thing.
bozz_2006  
#56 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 5:44:50 PM(UTC)
I hate hate haters.
bozz_2006  
#57 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 5:45:34 PM(UTC)
which incidentally means that i love hating on hate haters.
yooperfan  
#58 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 5:57:44 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
which incidentally means that i love hating on hate haters.


I think that is diversity, but I'm not sure. :magnifyglass:
DanJustDan29  
#59 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 5:58:40 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Not everybody needs to be a Ted Thompson boot licker or think Aaron Rodgers is the next coming of Dan Marino.


Who here is or thinks either of those things?



apparently it's "a number of people"
Nonstopdrivel  
#60 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 6:07:29 PM(UTC)
Ted Thompson boot lickers and people who think Aaron Rodgers is the next coming of Dan Marino, please stand up. :downtown:
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (22-Jun) : Gene Steratore has now retired
Zero2Cool (22-Jun) : The fourth NFL referee to retire this offseason, after Ed Hochuli, Jeff Triplette and Terry McAulay.
Zero2Cool (22-Jun) : Today's Birthdays: hardrocker950 (34)
Zero2Cool (22-Jun) : Brewers hammer the Cardinals <-- nice headline to start the day.
Zero2Cool (22-Jun) : If not, no, I haven't heard nodda.
Zero2Cool (22-Jun) : I'm guessing it's flag football?
dhazer (21-Jun) : does anyone else know about Nick Collins return to football?
Zero2Cool (20-Jun) : Sporting News ranks Mike McCarthy fifth-best coach in NFL
Zero2Cool (18-Jun) : Tiger?
gbguy20 (18-Jun) : hot wife and he chases old women
Nonstopdrivel (18-Jun) : Oh, and one count of felony first-degree burglary.
Nonstopdrivel (18-Jun) : He's also charged with at least one count on kidnapping and two counts of attempted rape.
nerdmann (18-Jun) : Yeah, wtf Kellen?
Nonstopdrivel (18-Jun) : Kellen Winslow accused of raping and sexually assaulting several women between the ages of 54 and 86.
Zero2Cool (15-Jun) : Today's Birthdays: Toddy (26)
Cheesey (11-Jun) : Thanks Kevin.
Cheesey (11-Jun) : Ok.
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Alan, it's an online stream.
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : McCarthy speaks at 10am, so probably 11am for practice start.
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : McCarthy speaks at 10am, so probably 11am for practice start.
Cheesey (11-Jun) : I don’t know if I can get that station.
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Listen to 107.5 the fan they'll tell you. I'm at airport.
Cheesey (11-Jun) : Thanks for trying WPR! I guess I’ll have to just wing it.
wpr (11-Jun) : Cheesey, The Packer's site says Nitschke Field. 12 am to 11:59 pm. I don't think they know
Cheesey (11-Jun) : Come on!! U smart guys can help me on this!
Cheesey (11-Jun) : Do any of you know what time the Packers mini camp practice is tomorrow?
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Vince Lombardi would have been 105 today
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : If I were Owens, after reading what some of the voters have said. I'd say F YOU too. Shady process.
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Apparently it costs the inductees a LOT of money to attend.
beast (10-Jun) : Or if Owens is avoiding all HoF activity? Or if he's trying to figure a way to make money off this. Simply saying he's not going to be there doesn't tell me enough
beast (10-Jun) : I feel as if I need more details. Owens said he's not physical showing up, but he could still give a speech via video.
Zero2Cool (9-Jun) : Using 32 reporter votes is wrong.
Zero2Cool (9-Jun) : They held grudges against him, and ignored his excellence on the field. Bogus shit. Political garbage.
Zero2Cool (9-Jun) : Owens has a point. Absolutely garbage how voters acted, and have responded.
buckeyepackfan (9-Jun) : The HOF needs to conveniently forget to include Owen's in the ceremonies, then fake apologize after.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2018 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 9 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Sep 16 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Sep 23 @ 12:00 PM
Redskins
Sunday, Sep 30 @ 12:00 PM
BILLS
Sunday, Oct 7 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Monday, Oct 15 @ 7:15 PM
49ERS
Sunday, Oct 28 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Nov 4 @ 7:20 PM
Patriots
Sunday, Nov 11 @ 12:00 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Nov 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Sunday, Nov 25 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Dec 2 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Dec 9 @ 12:00 PM
FALCONS
Sunday, Dec 16 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Dec 23 @ 12:00 PM
Jets
Sunday, Dec 30 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / gbguy20

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

22-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

22-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

22-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

22-Jun / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

22-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

19-Jun / Fantasy Sports Talk / Smokey

18-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

18-Jun / Around The NFL / Nonstopdrivel

16-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

16-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

16-Jun / Random Babble / Cheesey

Headlines