Green Bay Packers Forum

Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RaiderPride  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 10:16:25 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 124
Applause Received: 217

Five reasons the Packers win the Superbowl next year.

You can call R.P. a homer, an idiot, a T.T. and Chico lover. You can call me a homo, You can call me a fake, You can call me a drunk, and I will love that. Please call me a drunk.

However,

Here are the FIVE REASONS..... YEP FIVE.

The five reasons the Packers win THE SUPERBOWL IN MIAMI 2010

1. CSI Miami. The television show.

No, I am serious. Everything comes together in CSI Miami and it is all about what happened before the crime. The Crime was Chico fell way too low in the Draft. Aaron will bring this team to a zenith. The surprising and sad thing will be that it will because of a former Packer QB who he learned from.

Look at the Number One Pick Aaron's draft year. Alex, could have been Aaron if Alex had the time to learn from Brett. It is not about who drafted you as a QB, it is about how the team that drafted you develops you.

2. Ted Thompson.

Like him, hate him, or indifferent, the fact is he was NFL EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR for a reason. We often talk here in the forum about the window of opportunity. Ted has it planned out and it all comes to fruition in Miami next year.

3. A shot of Nitro.

Nitro, a little spray of nitrogliseren under the tongue from a medical EMR can jump a dying heart into a pumping heart.

I know most of us here on the forum, and Packer fans in general are very pumped up about the changes to the Defencive leadership and guidance.

I think the Packers Offense is 3 X as as excited as us, and it will generate a new focus, a shot of nitro, in the path to MIAMI next February. I can see the Packers Offence just salivating at the thought that if they get the lead it will be held.

4. Green Bay.

This is a storied franchise. It has the ability to rise to the occasion. I think Green Bay can make great players out of good players just because it is Green Bay. The nucleus is here now and it will rise.

Green Bay as a franchise is like an active volcano. It will erupt, there is no doubt about it. It happens every so often, and Nex Year Is An Eruption Year.

5. NUMBER FIVE.

I am going to leave the number FIVE REASON THE PACKERS WIN IN MIAMI NEXT YEAR....... up to you... The Members of this forum.

I have my own opinion about number five.... But I want YOURS.

R.P. Loves his Raiders. However, most of you have no idea how much I love the Packers. There is a great deal of Green and Gold flowing to my heart, along with with Silver and Black.

Miami... Next year. Green and Gold.

R.P.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Sponsor
Offline Since69  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:12:35 AM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 83

drunk...
UserPostedImage
Offline Orygunfan76  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:17:04 AM(UTC)
Orygunfan76

Applause Received: 1

Okayyyy?
blank
Offline blueleopard  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:20:16 AM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 73

He's been saying 2010 was Green Bay's year since 2007, so ... he's both crazy and not crazy.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline Jacob  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:19:49 AM(UTC)
Jacob

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 3

Yeah, he has been callin 2010 for a while so i don't see how that would make him crazy

anyway

Experience and Redemption

i think this team now has enough experience to reach the superbowl, and they know they are capable of a better record than 6-10, and they're going to want to prove it this upcoming season.
Offline IronMan  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:15:15 AM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 95
Applause Received: 103

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
drunk...
Offline TheEngineer  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:50:14 AM(UTC)
TheEngineer

Nitroglycerine?

As for number 5, well, mine goes to the coaches we've been hiring. Boy, after the initial 2 or so weeks of firing and sitting on hands, McCarthy and Thompson really grabbed some good coaches.
blank
Offline gbpfan  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:16:01 AM(UTC)
gbpfan

Applause Received: 3

team work is what will get them there,few of the vets want a ring and know they have a small window.To achieve this can't wait to to see the team play this year.
Offline digsthepack  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:27:04 AM(UTC)
digsthepack

Applause Received: 7

R.P.....dude...knock off the third-person, will you??!? LOL

Talented team that underperformed rebounds....and Rodgers flourishes in his second year as a starter.
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
Offline HoustonMatt  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:57:23 AM(UTC)
HoustonMatt

5. team that finished the 08 season 5th in points scored will likely return 10 of 11 starters, while the young talent will be a year more experienced.
blank
Offline warhawk  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:53:01 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 230

A defense that plays defense...ESPECIALLY at the END of games.
"The train is leaving the station."
Offline dhazer  
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:01:07 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 54
Applause Received: 206

#5a Adrian Peterson breaks his leg lol

#5b Giants and Cowgirls fall apart again.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline zombieslayer  
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:07:52 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

RP - Sorry, my friend, but I'm going to change all five of your reasons.

1) Mike McCarthy realizes his mistakes and reverts back to 2007 MM. He becomes aggressive again. Goes for fourth downs. Says screw the run when the pass works. Never again sits on leads and realizes that the game isn't over until you see zeroes in the Fourth Q.

2) Dom Capers and the switch to 3-4. We start actually pressuring the QB. QB has no idea where the pressure's coming from. Kampy finally gets some single teams and he's able to exploit them. Hawk surprises everyone (except for me) and gets 8 sacks.

3) Driver shows us age means nothing to him. He and Gregorious both get 1000+ yards receiving and 8+ TDs.

4) Mike McCarthy finally understands that the pass can open up the run (he knew this in '07, but he forgot that concept in '08). Defenses do their little Cover 2s, but with a two TE attack, there are just too many holes to stop the Packer version of the WCO. Half our runs are when Ds were expecting pass and Grant goes back up to 5+ ypc.

5) Woodson, Collins, Bigby, Williams, Harris, and Rouse. Those names strike fear into opposing Os' hearts. Collins shows he's not a one-year wonder. With added pressure, QBs are forced to throw when they shouldn't and our DBs become interception machines.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Pack93z  
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:21:57 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 403
Applause Received: 1,097

2) Dom Capers and the switch to 3-4. We start actually pressuring the QB. QB has no idea where the pressure's coming from. Kampy finally gets some single teams and he's able to exploit them. Hawk surprises everyone (except for me) and gets 8 sacks.

My friend.. if Hawk even sniffs at 8 sacks.. I will launch a I love AJ site in honor of his achievement..

But I may rest easy, because unless he turns back the clock 4 years.. there is no way in hell that AJ will become that effective in the blitz.. the guy is taking on blockers like a pansy the last 20 to 24 games.. maybe Greene will wake the monster inside of Hawk.

I buy most of the other points here.. but call me jaded but Hawk has been playing like a pansy ass candy coated plum drop of his former OSU and even part of his Rookie year self.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:32:23 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

My friend.. if Hawk even sniffs at 8 sacks.. I will launch a I love AJ site in honor of his achievement..

But I may rest easy, because unless he turns back the clock 4 years.. there is no way in hell that AJ will become that effective in the blitz.. the guy is taking on blockers like a pansy the last 20 to 24 games.. maybe Greene will wake the monster inside of Hawk.

I buy most of the other points here.. but call me jaded but Hawk has been playing like a pansy ass candy coated plum drop of his former OSU and even part of his Rookie year self.

Well, maybe I'm turning the clock back or maybe I'm just seeing things in Green & Gold tint, but I'm not willing to call Hawk a bust just yet. Harrell, yes. But Hawk, no. I think he needs a scheme change and the upcoming scheme I think fits him better.

We'll see though.

--

(the reason for the harsh word "bust" is because Hawk was a very high draft pick. He was the 1st LB taken in '06 and the 5th player taken overall. Someone that high in the draft is supposed to produce much better than his current production).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Rss Feed