Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DakotaT  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2009 5:08:22 PM(UTC)
Can Harrell play one of the DE position's in the new 34. I don't want to see him anywhere near the NT postition. That's for Pickett and his rookie backup.

Athletically, he probably has more potential than Jolly, but he doesn't have the heart. I'm just wondering if you guys think he can man up for once and be useful in the rotation?

If not, he will just go down in the Packer's ever growing list of first round disappointments.
wils0646  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2009 5:10:31 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Can Harrell play one of the DE position's in the new 34. I don't want to see him anywhere near the NT postition. That's for Pickett and his rookie backup.

Athletically, he probably has more potential than Jolly, but he doesn't have the heart. I'm just wondering if you guys think he can man up for once and be useful in the rotation?

If not, he will just go down in the Packer's ever growing list of first round disappointments.

This scout used to think so...

http://www.packerupdate....snt-as-easy-as-1234.html

Quote:
While adding a nose tackle and an outside linebacker are the top two priorites, finding a solid defensive end to play opposite Cullen Jenkins is a close third. Filling this spot should be easier that the first two tasks, said the scout. In fact, I thought Justin Harrell was born to play this particular position when I watched him at the University of Tennessee. Unfortunately, he doesnt look like the same guy these days. Maybe the back will finally heal and hell be the answer, but right now hes a gigantic question mark. I guess you could probably get by with Jolly for a season, but Id want to do better.
beast  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2009 5:37:11 PM(UTC)

Harrell could play DE or NT in 3-4. He's easily the second best NT the Packers have had since he's been draft, when he's healthy that is.

Harrell has more potential than about the whole team... but that doesn't mean jack if he's not healthy and if he can't bring it out. And it isn't because he doesn't have the heart that is non-sense.... it's health not heart.....
Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2009 5:42:08 PM(UTC)
I say we sit Harrell this entire year. Let every bruise, sore, nick, scrap and paper cut fully heal and then UNLEASH him for a quarter in '10.
DakotaT  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2009 5:52:50 PM(UTC)

Harrell could play DE or NT in 3-4. He's easily the second best NT the Packers have had since he's been draft, when he's healthy that is.

Harrell has more potential than about the whole team... but that doesn't mean jack if he's not healthy and if he can't bring it out. And it isn't because he doesn't have the heart that is non-sense.... it's health not heart.....

I don't know Beast, I can't but think he is Cleditus Hunt's first cousin. He has not shown up in any kind of football shape yet. I do hope you are right though.
warhawk  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2009 8:52:01 PM(UTC)
I think he's getting a little bit of a bad rap.

I will say that it was on HIM that he didn't report in shape and hopefully he will learn a lesson there. The unfortunate thing is the back injury happened during rehab and he was supposedly working real hard to get on the field when that happened.

I don't think his heart is a problem. The guy tore his bicep muscle and played the next week against Florida before getting the surgery. That would take a special kind of heart and unreal threshold for pain to do.

If he goes through the offseason workout program and comes into the camps in shape HOPEFULLY this injury stuff is behind him. He knows more than anyone his chances are gettting slimmer to be in this league.
go.pack.go.  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2009 9:06:11 PM(UTC)
I just want to see him play when he's 100% healthy. Until we see that, we won't be able to tell what type of player he is on the field.

I hope he doesn't push it too far this offseason and throws out his back again...
Cheesey  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2009 9:54:00 PM(UTC)
I heard Harrell is gonna be a waiter at "Curley's Pub".........but they are afraid he might hurt himself lifting the trays.......
djcubez  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2009 10:54:26 PM(UTC)

I don't know Beast, I can't but think he is Cleditus Hunt's first cousin. He has not shown up in any kind of football shape yet. I do hope you are right though.

It's hard to stay in shape with back problems. Pretty much limits any sort of exercise you do.
blueleopard  
#10 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2009 12:23:04 AM(UTC)
If you guys remember, he actually came into OTA's and Training Camp in the best shape of his life, but the back problems came back.

You can't do ANYTHING with a bad back.

Saying he has no heart is going too far. Unlike Cletidus, Harrell has character.
gbpfan  
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2009 11:25:28 AM(UTC)
maybe that is the big reason the conditioning coach is gone ,Harell not in shape hurting his back,hope he shows what he can do,this season sure hope he can stay healthy.
beast  
#12 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2009 3:45:05 PM(UTC)
maybe that is the big reason the conditioning coach is gone ,Harell not in shape hurting his back,hope he shows what he can do,this season sure hope he can stay healthy.

I don't that's it. Or that's the big reason.... sounded like Mike McCarthy and Rock just had different ideas of how Rock should do his job..... and guess who won.....

The knew strength and conditioning coach sounds really interesting. I read something about how basically (in much nicer words) he doesn't give a ____ how much you can do lift.... or how fast you can do this or that...... what he cares about is what can you do for 2 straight at a VERY high intense rate.
Rss Feed