TheEngineer
15 years ago
I've never been a proponent of cash handouts. People don't know how to control their own finances, so giving them more money is not going to change that. The problem with most of the western world is over-extension. Everyone tries to get away with having too much, usually coming in the form of debt. People wrack up massive amounts of debt with no real plan to alleviate themselves of it. There's no contingency such that when a crisis occurs, many of them are stuck in a rut. Well you've been playing the hand you dealt, nobody said life isn't going to throw a fastball every once in awhile.

I can tell you that there's plenty of people relishing the downturn. The issue, in my opinion, is how to capitalise on the 'disaster'.
blank
IronMan
15 years ago

I've never been a proponent of cash handouts. People don't know how to control their own finances, so giving them more money is not going to change that. The problem with most of the western world is over-extension. Everyone tries to get away with having too much, usually coming in the form of debt. People wrack up massive amounts of debt with no real plan to alleviate themselves of it.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

+1 my friend. Which is why I do not have a credit card and never will. My debit card works just fine. And if I don't have the money for something, then I don't need it.

What I have, I own. And I do not owe a dime to anyone. Most of my friends are constantly in debt. And they aren't smart enough to figure out how they got there.

This is a big reason why I will never get married, as most women I know are terrible with money. I have done just fine by myself. No bills + No debt + No car payments = more money to use to go to Lambeau.
yooperfan
15 years ago

I've never been a proponent of cash handouts. People don't know how to control their own finances, so giving them more money is not going to change that. The problem with most of the western world is over-extension. Everyone tries to get away with having too much, usually coming in the form of debt. People wrack up massive amounts of debt with no real plan to alleviate themselves of it.

"IronMan" wrote:

+1 my friend. Which is why I do not have a credit card and never will. My debit card works just fine. And if I don't have the money for something, then I don't need it.

What I have, I own. And I do not owe a dime to anyone. Most of my friends are constantly in debt. And they aren't smart enough to figure out how they got there.

This is a big reason why I will never get married, as most women I know are terrible with money. I have done just fine by myself. No bills + No debt + No car payments = more money to use to go to Lambeau.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

Paragraph 3= +10.
Cheesey
15 years ago
Back in the late 1960's, my brother was a perfect example of how we are today. He needed a car........my Dad told him to buy a cheaper used car. My brother sat down and figured out his expenses, and so on........said he could afford the payments. Bought the new car........lost it in 6 months.
Unexpected things come up, things cost more then you "figured" and you end up screwed.
If people don't have the money, out comes the "plastic".
UserPostedImage
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago

"IronMan" wrote:

"TheEngineer" wrote:

Thats great Ironman, having no debt is the way to go.

But I do have to comment on your last sentence my friend, "some" woman may not be good with money, but I know that I am. I dont expect extravagances nor do I want or need them to be happy. I am not a big shopper, if I absolutely need something I will buy it and it is with cash if I dont have the cash then I dont get that item. So there are some of us out there that are good with money you just havent found that right one yet. 🙂 But to share your life with someone there isnt any money in the world that can replace that.
Heathiee
IronMan
15 years ago

"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

"IronMan" wrote:

I am not a big shopper, if I absolutely need something I will buy it and it is with cash if I dont have the cash then I dont get that item. So there are some of us out there that are good with money you just havent found that right one yet. 🙂 .

"TheEngineer" wrote:

And I'm not looking for her either. ::lol:
4PackGirl
15 years ago
on the subject of women not being "good" with money...my twins are currently on public healthcare because my ex is a complete loser who chose his own selfishness over his children. before we got divorced, he owned a semi & was doing fairly well with his business. he had been sober for 12 years, had some money in the bank, & had two lil guys who loved him completely.

now, after deciding he could drink alcohol again, he has no job, lives with his parents, has 3 DUI's on his record (felony), cannot drive, will do jail time, & has lied to his boys faces on numerous occasions. he owes 10's of thousands to the bank, credit card companies, & his parents.

i hate & i mean HATE to spend money on myself, use my debit card for all my purchases, don't owe a dime on my blazer or anything on credit cards. i own farm land & will be getting my cash rent check for that in a month - every dime will be saved - period!

ok, i feel better now. 😃
vegOmatic
15 years ago

on the subject of women not being "good" with money...my twins are currently on public healthcare because my ex is a complete loser who chose his own selfishness over his children. before we got divorced, he owned a semi & was doing fairly well with his business. he had been sober for 12 years, had some money in the bank, & had two lil guys who loved him completely.

now, after deciding he could drink alcohol again, he has no job, lives with his parents, has 3 DUI's on his record (felony), cannot drive, will do jail time, & has lied to his boys faces on numerous occasions. he owes 10's of thousands to the bank, credit card companies, & his parents.

i hate & i mean HATE to spend money on myself, use my debit card for all my purchases, don't owe a dime on my blazer or anything on credit cards. i own farm land & will be getting my cash rent check for that in a month - every dime will be saved - period!

ok, i feel better now. :D

"4PackGirl" wrote:

It's your own fault. When you women stop hanging out with the tight leather pants and tattoo that rides a Harley...
blank
4PackGirl
15 years ago
lol veg - it's a shame there isn't a tattoo that says "money grubbing azz or biotch"!! he's actually a small town guy - no tats, no harley, no nuttin.
Yerko
15 years ago
I am in major debt....its called college.
UserPostedImage