Cheesey
15 years ago

Kampman is the last player i'm worried about. I dont think he will have a problem at OLB. He is a super high-energy, high-motor type of guy that is always around the ball. Chasing down WR's and RB's after plays have broken down saving TD's, how may times have you seen him do that in his time here?

He's always around the ball, or in pursuit when it seems that other players have already quit on the play. I think he will thrive as an OLB.

"earthquake" wrote:

Thats true. He really knows how to get after it. He has the speed to go after RB's, and to cover anyone coming out of the backfield. He just may surprise alot of people.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago
all i ask for is someone that will bring an attitude to our defense. If you watch them there isn't one player that the offense fears getting hit by. One free agent i would love to see is:

no not peppers, haynesworth, or scott but Brian Dawkins he loves to hit and is very active.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Stevetarded
15 years ago
I agree with Dhazer, I would be happy with Dawkins. I also wouldn't mind to see Bishop win a starting spot because I think he has potential as a guy who is gonna go after it and get everyone fired up by making plays. Having Bigby for a full season would be nice too.
blank
warhawk
15 years ago

I think all you guys thinking that the 9 pick will be a tweener OLB prospect are reaching a bit..

Look at the roster at linebacker prospects.

Poppinga
Bishop
Hunter
Thompson
Monty - if he resigns.
Chillar
Kampman
Barnett
Hawk

There are plenty of pieces to work with there.. to find someone that can get the job done.

Now look at two other positions on the roster..

OT.

Cliffy
Colledge - If you slide Colledge over.. which he should be, then the gap at Guard becomes larger.
Barbre
Tauscher - Resign?

Or Defensive line..

Pickett
Jolly ????
Harrell ????
Jenkins
Malone?

Combine that with BPA theory and I don't think Maybin, Brown, Orakpo or any other of those edge players will fit that bill.

How many of these high draft pick edge players really turn out to be the outstanding edge players.

Suggs, Ware and Merriman... Players like Harrison, Woodley, Scott and so forth were later round picks.. hell Harrison was cut by the Steelers how many times?

Will we add talent at LBer.. I hope so, but if we are going to draft players at particular positions.. somehow I don't think backers are going to fit.

DT, DE or Oline... yep.. maybe even a corner that can play in space..

"porky88" wrote:

You can't argue anything against players who are different people. I think trends are to a certain extent overrated.

The chances of every hybrid linebacker working out is slim to none, but the chances of one or two working out is probably good. The same goes for most positions. Joe Thomas is an excellent tackle, but Robert Gallery is a bust.

The Packers have Jeremy Thompson, Jason Hunter, Aaron Kampman, and Brady Poppinga on their roster as outside linebackers.

The rest are probably projected to be inside backers.

It's not exactly a stout position.

Furthermore I believe that the weakest link on the team is also a pass rush. Moving Aaron Kampman to outside linebacker and not giving the defense another pass rush threat just puts the Packers back to square one except they run a different scheme.

I would say you can't say anything is for certain in the draft especially with a guy like Jason Smith and B.J. Raji all in play and Ted Thompson could move down for Tyson Jackson, but a outside pass rusher is very much in the mix.

EDIT:

It's also not a secret that Ted Thompson isn't scared to take a project in round one and then fill in positions of needs in rounds two, three, and four. I could see a Jason Smith like pick in round one and Smith not starting early on and then I could see Clay Matthews in round 2 and Matthews starting from day one. Obviously nothing can be ruled out.

"pack93z" wrote:

Porky,
Kampman will get plenty of opportunity to rush the QB from the OLB position AND with the complexities of this defense he will not be double teamed NEARLY as much as he has seen the last couple of years.

Remember, Capers is not going to ignore what a guy like Kampman does best and he will be creating better opportunities for him rather than taking them away.

Hopefully, this defense will create many third and longs and you can bet the ranch they will be sending Kampman in those situations. The difference is they will have so many variations of pressure you will see him with many more one-on-one opportunities.

We have all seen what Kampman can do one-on-one.
"The train is leaving the station."
bozz_2006
15 years ago
warhawk just gave me a semi.
UserPostedImage
porky88
15 years ago

I think all you guys thinking that the 9 pick will be a tweener OLB prospect are reaching a bit..

Look at the roster at linebacker prospects.

Poppinga
Bishop
Hunter
Thompson
Monty - if he resigns.
Chillar
Kampman
Barnett
Hawk

There are plenty of pieces to work with there.. to find someone that can get the job done.

Now look at two other positions on the roster..

OT.

Cliffy
Colledge - If you slide Colledge over.. which he should be, then the gap at Guard becomes larger.
Barbre
Tauscher - Resign?

Or Defensive line..

Pickett
Jolly ????
Harrell ????
Jenkins
Malone?

Combine that with BPA theory and I don't think Maybin, Brown, Orakpo or any other of those edge players will fit that bill.

How many of these high draft pick edge players really turn out to be the outstanding edge players.

Suggs, Ware and Merriman... Players like Harrison, Woodley, Scott and so forth were later round picks.. hell Harrison was cut by the Steelers how many times?

Will we add talent at LBer.. I hope so, but if we are going to draft players at particular positions.. somehow I don't think backers are going to fit.

DT, DE or Oline... yep.. maybe even a corner that can play in space..

"warhawk" wrote:

You can't argue anything against players who are different people. I think trends are to a certain extent overrated.

The chances of every hybrid linebacker working out is slim to none, but the chances of one or two working out is probably good. The same goes for most positions. Joe Thomas is an excellent tackle, but Robert Gallery is a bust.

The Packers have Jeremy Thompson, Jason Hunter, Aaron Kampman, and Brady Poppinga on their roster as outside linebackers.

The rest are probably projected to be inside backers.

It's not exactly a stout position.

Furthermore I believe that the weakest link on the team is also a pass rush. Moving Aaron Kampman to outside linebacker and not giving the defense another pass rush threat just puts the Packers back to square one except they run a different scheme.

I would say you can't say anything is for certain in the draft especially with a guy like Jason Smith and B.J. Raji all in play and Ted Thompson could move down for Tyson Jackson, but a outside pass rusher is very much in the mix.

EDIT:

It's also not a secret that Ted Thompson isn't scared to take a project in round one and then fill in positions of needs in rounds two, three, and four. I could see a Jason Smith like pick in round one and Smith not starting early on and then I could see Clay Matthews in round 2 and Matthews starting from day one. Obviously nothing can be ruled out.

"porky88" wrote:

Porky,
Kampman will get plenty of opportunity to rush the QB from the OLB position AND with the complexities of this defense he will not be double teamed NEARLY as much as he has seen the last couple of years.

Remember, Capers is not going to ignore what a guy like Kampman does best and he will be creating better opportunities for him rather than taking them away.

Hopefully, this defense will create many third and longs and you can bet the ranch they will be sending Kampman in those situations. The difference is they will have so many variations of pressure you will see him with many more one-on-one opportunities.

We have all seen what Kampman can do one-on-one.

"pack93z" wrote:

The 3-4 will give the Packers more of a variety of blitz packages, but unless any other player can get pressure it's not going to matter because offenses are way to good to be fooled and dominated by one guy.

Pittsburgh has James Harrison, but LaMarr Woodley is very important too. They have the two outside threats and the Packers don't have that right now.

This defense will only work if the guys outside can get pressure.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago

GOD this has been a boring two weeks....

Is it free agency time yet?

Combine?

Draft?

Daytona 500, hurry up and get here.

Spring training, let's get it going.

"Cheesey" wrote:

In my humble opiniion you can throw out the Daytona 500.

"yooperfan" wrote:

I was thinking the same thing.....but didn't want to say it!
Watching cars go round and round and round just doesn't thrill me.
But to each his own i guess!

"bozz_2006" wrote:

THEY'RE MAKING A LEFT TURN!!!!!

[youtube]1iMd8Pm-2EE[/youtube]
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago
I LOVE Jeff "Dun-HAMMMM!"
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago

"Cheesey" wrote:

Isn't Bubba J you're little brother?
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

"wpr" wrote:

Isn't Bubba J you're little brother?

"Cheesey" wrote:

No.....but "Walter" is my OLDER brother!!! :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (16h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (21h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.