go.pack.go.
15 years ago

So i have to go to Columbia

"Cheesey" wrote:

Wow, a hole different country!?!?! LOLOL!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
15 years ago

So i have to go to Columbia

"go.pack.go." wrote:

Wow, a hole different country!?!?! LOLOL!

"Cheesey" wrote:

They have better drugs there!!!!! :thumbleft:

My wife brought it to my attention.........tomorrow, when i have to get this done, is FRIDAY THE 13th!!!!!
Just my friggin' luck.............LOLOL!!! :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago
I will be praying for you Alan!! Everything will turn out just fine, I will be thinking about you tomorrow.

How did they find the blockage?

Love ya my dear friend!!
Heathiee
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
15 years ago

I will be praying for you Alan!! Everything will turn out just fine, I will be thinking about you tomorrow.

Love ya my dear friend!!

"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

Thank you Hedder! Love ya too!!!
Actually.......i went to my regular doc, told him how i've been have chest pain and shortness of breath since December. He knows my family history. My dad, mom and brother all dying from it.
So he set me up with this cardiologist to get a stress test on a treadmill.
My first time meeting him was Wednesday. He said that with all the symptoms i have, family history, high blood pressure, diabetes, memory loss and so on that he didn't feel a stress test would give him any pertanent information. He said they are only about 85% helpful.
When i asked him WHY he felt 80% sure i had at least one blockage he said "I have been doing this for 17 years, have seen hundreds of cases. With what i see, and what you have told me, thats what i'm basing it on. Now, we could get in there and find out i was wrong. But with what you have, it's more important to find out for certain whats going on in your heart. This test will do that. Plus, we will know when you have the test what we need to do. One or two blockages, we can probably do angioplasty or a stint, and that will be it. More then that, then open heart will be the next thing." So he was honest, and up front with me. I like that with a doctor. No "game playing".
I don't like that i have to have this, but it beats a major heart attack.
Who knows though?
It may prove to be clear, and i won't have to worry about the ol' ticker at least.
Either way, i will know, and thats good.

Tonight my wife told me....."You can't die! Who will take care of Seth (our chihuahua) while I'm at work?"
I busted out laughing and said "Pack my bags! I'm going on a guilt trip!!!" LOLOL!!!
LJ took me out for supper tonight. I had ground sirloin, done rare. Man....it was GOOD! Made me relax for a few hours.
I know i shouldn't be scared.......this is a "normal" procedure. But cutting into my groin and shoving a tube from there up to my heart.......NOT my idea of a "fun time!!!"
Guess i'm just a "wussy!!!" :thumbleft:
I don't know if they will let me come home, or if i have to stay over night. I know i won't be able to sit up for awhile.
I'll try to get back here ASAP, but it may be a few days.
(Longer if i "kick off") LOLOLOL!!! :thumbleft:
Hey.......still "Cheesey", after all these years!
UserPostedImage
vikesrule
15 years ago
I shall be thinking of you today my friend.

Sometimes the anticipation and unknown of what is to be found can be more unsettling than the actual situation.
At least that is what I have found to be true over my many, many years of life.

A few months back I had a very swollen jaw. I went to the Doctor, and she was concerned that it was the lymph nodes.
The first thing that she mentioned was that it could just be an infection, but that there was also the chance of cancer.
Awaiting the test results was most disturbing...fortunately just an infection.

My very best to you Alan, and my prayers will be with you!

I will think positive thoughts, and look forward to hearing favorable news.
djcubez
15 years ago
Alan, I know I haven't known you long or even if you know me but I wish you the best luck and hope everything goes well. And, no offense, but in the spirt of the week, I present this:

UserPostedImage
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago

Love ya my dear friend!!

"Cheesey" wrote:

Thank you Hedder! Love ya too!!!
Actually.......i went to my regular doc, told him how i've been have chest pain and shortness of breath since December. He knows my family history. My dad, mom and brother all dying from it.
So he set me up with this cardiologist to get a stress test on a treadmill.
My first time meeting him was Wednesday. He said that with all the symptoms i have, family history, high blood pressure, diabetes, memory loss and so on that he didn't feel a stress test would give him any pertanent information. He said they are only about 85% helpful.
When i asked him WHY he felt 80% sure i had at least one blockage he said "I have been doing this for 17 years, have seen hundreds of cases. With what i see, and what you have told me, thats what i'm basing it on. Now, we could get in there and find out i was wrong. But with what you have, it's more important to find out for certain whats going on in your heart. This test will do that. Plus, we will know when you have the test what we need to do. One or two blockages, we can probably do angioplasty or a stint, and that will be it. More then that, then open heart will be the next thing." So he was honest, and up front with me. I like that with a doctor. No "game playing".
I don't like that i have to have this, but it beats a major heart attack.
Who knows though?
It may prove to be clear, and i won't have to worry about the ol' ticker at least.
Either way, i will know, and thats good.

Tonight my wife told me....."You can't die! Who will take care of Seth (our chihuahua) while I'm at work?"
I busted out laughing and said "Pack my bags! I'm going on a guilt trip!!!" LOLOL!!!
LJ took me out for supper tonight. I had ground sirloin, done rare. Man....it was GOOD! Made me relax for a few hours.
I know i shouldn't be scared.......this is a "normal" procedure. But cutting into my groin and shoving a tube from there up to my heart.......NOT my idea of a "fun time!!!"
Guess i'm just a "wussy!!!" :thumbleft:
I don't know if they will let me come home, or if i have to stay over night. I know i won't be able to sit up for awhile.
I'll try to get back here ASAP, but it may be a few days.
(Longer if i "kick off") LOLOLOL!!! :thumbleft:
Hey.......still "Cheesey", after all these years!

"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

I would be a wussy to having to go through all of what you have had to deal with so nothing wrong with that. Tests are scary and then waiting for ever for the results is the worst thing. Stay positive my friend, and I will be there for you in spirit. Come back ASAP!!
Heathiee
Trippster
15 years ago
Just saw this cheesey. You will be fine. What I don't understand though is, how does a heart as big as yours get blocked?

What the hell have you been eating son??
"Let Your Light Shine!"
gotarace
15 years ago
Good luck Cheesy...Hope all turns out well.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (20h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.