warhawk
15 years ago
You put Hawk in the right position and he will do fine. He spent his entire career at Ohio St in opposing backfields so you can't tell me now he's just not capable of doing that.

Nearly everytime I saw Hawk blitz the offense had somebody there to block him. Our defensive blitz package was so simple to deal with it was rediculous. If you watch other LB's that have better numbers they got those with a LOT of clean shots to the QB becuase the offense was fooled by what was coming. You put a blocker in front of them every time and see what numbers they produce.
"The train is leaving the station."
JNelson87
15 years ago
This is the year that J.Bush will be cut, hopefully.
UserPostedImage
Megatron
15 years ago
Ted Thompson spoke at the combine but there wasn't alot of news worthy things to say except this:

The most newsworthy thing was that Thompson said he expects all three of the Packers' pending unrestricted free agents -- Mark Tauscher, Michael Montgomery and Colin Cole -- to hit the market on Feb. 27.

Thompson said there has been no contract talk between the Packers and Tauscher, and said there likely won't be any until he is healthy.

jsonline.com wrote:

blank
Pack93z
15 years ago

Ted Thompson spoke at the combine but there wasn't alot of news worthy things to say except this:

The most newsworthy thing was that Thompson said he expects all three of the Packers' pending unrestricted free agents -- Mark Tauscher, Michael Montgomery and Colin Cole -- to hit the market on Feb. 27.

Thompson said there has been no contract talk between the Packers and Tauscher, and said there likely won't be any until he is healthy.

"Megatron" wrote:

jsonline.com wrote:

That is curious Ted... Mark and his agent are saying otherwise..

http://www.packershome.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=3815 

Plus there is this little matter of Mark rehabbing at the Packer facility.. is he hits the open market, I think he can't continue that. To my knowledge Mark is still in Green Bay...
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Megatron
15 years ago
If Tauscher does not get re-signed. It's an absolute no brainer for us, we will draft an OT for depth and to protect our franchise QB with our 1st pick.

My money is on Jason Smith or Michael Oher.
blank
Pack93z
15 years ago
I still think it makes a ton of sense to resign Tauscher... if he doesn't start he can backup multiple positions.. Guard or Tackle.

Plus the guy is a "Packer People" type... blue collar, excellent teammate.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Megatron
15 years ago

Sounds like Chad Clifton, who had another clean-up surgery in the off-season, will the guy at left tackle again:

"I think Chad is a very good player. He's one of those guys that struggles to get through the week, just getting to Sunday. But on Sunday, he plays the game well. So he's had a couple, three surgeries here and those are things that...it's not that easy to get over. But we're still counting on him coming back and being a good player for us."

jsonline.com wrote:

He is so close to being finished as a player. With Tauscher uncertain to come back and Clifton struggling to be fit each week. I dont think Ted Thompson can ignore it any longer and MUST draft an OT in the draft.
blank
doddpower
15 years ago

Sounds like Chad Clifton, who had another clean-up surgery in the off-season, will the guy at left tackle again:

"I think Chad is a very good player. He's one of those guys that struggles to get through the week, just getting to Sunday. But on Sunday, he plays the game well. So he's had a couple, three surgeries here and those are things that...it's not that easy to get over. But we're still counting on him coming back and being a good player for us."

"Megatron" wrote:

He is so close to being finished as a player. With Tauscher uncertain to come back and Clifton struggling to be fit each week. I dont think Ted Thompson can ignore it any longer and MUST draft an OT in the draft.

jsonline.com wrote:

I agree. I'm hoping for either one of the top three OT's in the draft of Malcom Jenkings (CB).

Any of those I would be super stoked with the first round.
Packers_Finland
15 years ago
The problem is, will there be an OT for is in the first round? It could very well go that:
Rams: Eugene Monroe
Bengals: Andre Smith
Raiders: Michael Oher
Jaguars: Jason Smith

Leaving us with Eben Britton and William Beatty as the next best OTs, whom I think shouldn't be taken before the second round, but because of the huge need for OTs in the league, they will be taken in the first.
This is a placeholder
dfosterf
15 years ago
OT in the draft. NOW we're talkin' lol.

Edit:

Because Raji will not be there, because we would do best to trade back, because Brace may be available in the 3rd round, and because everyone is too 3-4 / Linebacker / DL centric for my personal tastes as regards the draft vs. FA, and because at least it should be open to discussion the concept of an OT.

For me, this draft looks great for OL, not DL, especially in a 3-4 scheme, and I keep going back to the thought/concept that DL is such a huge crapshoot when going draft-route, contrasted to O-line, imo.

Again, for me, don't get this wrong. If Raji is there, pull the trigger. IF we get a "partner" AND Raji isn't... I still say trade back, but I will not be angry if we get one of the premier OT's.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (10h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

23h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.