dhazer
15 years ago
moved to different thread
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago

If the Chargers do what is rumored i hope Ted Thompson opens up the check book and signs LT. They are thinking of just releasing him hmmmmmm why wouldn't they trade him ?

"dhazer" wrote:

nice bait
Cuz481
15 years ago
I think Donnie Edwards would be a good signing if they could get him. He's experienced and a great player and could help out in the LB department. He said on First Take he wants to go somewhere that's ready to win and not rebuild. It wouldn't hurt signing someone like him.
blank
DakotaT
15 years ago
This is definitely the year to sit on your ass for about 10 days before paying a fortune to a marginal talent. I would like to see Tauscher resigned, but if Mark gets a great contract from another team, I will be happy for him as I was Marco Rivera and Ahman Green.

I think Green Bay can stand pat at linebacker with what we have, but I hold out more hope than some of you with guys like Hunter and Jeremy Thompson. I'd like to see Ohlshansky or Canty, but if it means paying them more than Cullen or Pickett, forget about it.

I suspect our o-line next year is:
Clifton - cleaned out knees
Colledge -
Spitz -
Sitton -
Tausch - Bleeds Green and Gold and gives a hometown discount. (1st third round pick is a project tackle to groom)

One topic that never seems to get brought up in free agency talk is the team morale consequences of giving huge money to someone that has never taken a snap for the team.

So my prediction for the first week free agency is a lot of fuel for the Tater Group (Ted haters), because we won't do jack, again.
UserPostedImage
digsthepack
15 years ago
Thank you, Dakota!! One of the most overlooked, andmost necessary aspect to a winning team is good chemistry and morale. To brng someone in and pay the crazy money can not be good for the locker room.

DHazer.....who caresd whether or not Pickett and Woodson were "sought after", the fact is that Ted Thompson identified and signed two huge contributors to the roster. And for that he should be lambasted??

The only near top-tier FA that interests me is Canty. Olshansky is a headcase and, apparently, a guy who puts the minimum in. Not what any locker room needs.

As far as LT....why pay the top dollars he is going to want when he is like Ahman Green a year or two befor being let go....breaking down from the hits he has taken as he was run into the ground.
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
bozz_2006
15 years ago
+1 for Canty, if I get to "choose" my favorite. Obviously, I'd like Haynesworth, but i'm being realistic.

edit: and if he wants out of Dallas, that makes him just that much more attractive as a FA prospect.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago
Buccaneers | Cole likely a target
Thu, 26 Feb 2009 12:53:11 -0800

Roy Cummings, of The Tampa Tribune, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers likely will target Green Bay Packers impending free-agent DT Colin Cole in free agency.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
15 years ago
he'll be happier there.
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
15 years ago
plus he'll probably rake in a boat-load of money from Tampa. dare i say, much more than his skills would warrant.
UserPostedImage
shield4life
15 years ago
Guys the year the we got Woodson and Pickett, we got lucky. This team was in the prime of rebuilding and everyone knew that. Pickett was underrated and people thought he was done. Woodson was injury prone, no one was sold on him 100% and the only other team that was after him wanted him to play safety which he didn't want.

Now Woodson has agreed also that he didn't want to come Green Bay but now loves it.

Now the year's after that no one was sold on the Packers until the year we went 13-3... Management knew the team's core was there so they thought they could just plug in the depth area with drafts. Now Packers know they've got a QB and a core... They know with some FA's they can go all the way SB so don't be suprised if Ted Thompson is active.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (4h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (5h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (6h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (8h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (9h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (11h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (12h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (23h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5m / Around The NFL / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.